Questions about heroes in the editor.

PC : Turn based WW2 goodness in the mold of Panzer General. This promises to be a true classic!

Moderators: Slitherine Core, Panzer Corps Moderators, Panzer Corps Design

pcpilot
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Questions about heroes in the editor.

Post by pcpilot » Sat Jul 20, 2013 2:07 am

I want to give a unit Ive placed in the editor a hero. In the editor, it ask for a name, the location of a png image file, and the heroes' modifiers. Tell me, how do I write the location of the image? Would it be C:\Program Files (x86)\Slitherine\Panzer Corps\UI\heroes? Or is there a shortened version I can safely use? Also, please tell me about hero modifiers. If I gave him a negative modifier, would it possibly improve to a positive modifier during the battle, or will it only improve during the course of a campaign?

Kerensky
Content Designer
Content Designer

Re: Questions about heroes in the editor.

Post by Kerensky » Sat Jul 20, 2013 2:51 am

The Name box is for your hero's name, as it will be displayed in game.
The Image box is for the file name of the hero. So it would just be "rudel.png" for example. That file, of course, has to be inside of the "...Panzer Corps\UI\heroes" folder.

As for the modifiers, once these are set through the editor, they are set in stone. That unit will forever have that hero with those exact modifiers. Of course, such a unit can still gain a second or third hero with random stats, per the standard rate that random heroes are awarded to units.

pcpilot
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by pcpilot » Sat Jul 20, 2013 2:52 am

Thank you Kerensky.

Grimwar
Lance Corporal - SdKfz 222
Lance Corporal - SdKfz 222

Post by Grimwar » Thu Jul 25, 2013 5:44 am

racketyjack wrote:I want to give a unit Ive placed in the editor a hero. In the editor, it ask for a name, the location of a png image file, and the heroes' modifiers. Tell me, how do I write the location of the image? Would it be C:\Program Files (x86)\Slitherine\Panzer Corps\UI\heroes? Or is there a shortened version I can safely use? Also, please tell me about hero modifiers. If I gave him a negative modifier, would it possibly improve to a positive modifier during the battle, or will it only improve during the course of a campaign?
You can also use C:\Program Files\Slitherine\Panzer Corps\Data\heroes.pzdat as a referance.
Hero name can be Bob Zimmerman if you wish, but the #.png image file has to be located in C:\Program Files\Slitherine\Panzer Corps\UI\heroes as stated above by Kerensky.

Hero modifiers as Kerensky said are set in stone, the only way i can edit a hero in a save, is by hex.
All modifiers attached to a hero apply,a +2 attack includes a +2 soft and hard attack and air + ground attack, a -2 will deduct 2 from same attacks.
Same for defence. Movement and spot are as, Init can have major game issues. I have no idea of the upper limit, never tried it out. i supect that 32 is a limit to most caps appart to -#
I mean if set to -20 and the norm is 10, the enemy will not kick you -10 and a sudden death, but negative numbers do apply up an inculing attacks.

Return to “Panzer Corps”