Building a historically authentic core/corps

PC : Turn based WW2 goodness in the mold of Panzer General. This promises to be a true classic!

Moderators: Slitherine Core, Panzer Corps Design, Panzer Corps Moderators

derEselausErgste
Private First Class - Opel Blitz
Private First Class - Opel Blitz

Re: Building a historically authentic core/corps

Post by derEselausErgste »

The donkey (thats me) is really pleased about the number and the quality of answers - thanks a lot!

I‘m not yet sure if the level of difficulty is challenging or not. The 39 campaign was quite easy with some minor problems at Lodz (southeast corner at the beginning has always been tricky) and at Kampinoska Forest, but Piatek for example had been much to easy. Perhaps I will have to restart with harder settings, we will see.

My one-and-a-half divisions currently are mainly made from infantry what is ok. Their sharpest weapon is speed, not armor, as well as tactics (combined arms), and both should represent historical circumstances in quite a good manner. My biggest problem are the Sturmpioniere which are ridiciolous powerfull, so I am deploying them just every second scenario. I also keep Regiments together to avoid chaotic mix-ups all over the map. Just battling Albert Canal and keep You informed.
stan23
Sergeant - 7.5 cm FK 16 nA
Sergeant - 7.5 cm FK 16 nA

Post by stan23 »

The division you refer to in your OP as being fully mechanized was the Panzer Lehr Division, which at the time of D-Day had 4 Infantry Battalions in 2 Regiments, all in halftracks. It also had a lot of tanks comparatively.
lennis29
Sergeant Major - SdKfz 234/2 8Rad
Sergeant Major - SdKfz 234/2 8Rad

Post by lennis29 »

regards
This mod is interesting to have a historical experience.
It would be good to read the manual completely to understand it.

viewtopic.php?f=147&t=40391
- GerMOD
- VolksMOD
- XXIX Le PzKorps

Return to “Panzer Corps”