Bonus Difficulties Not Working on IPad

PC : Turn based WW2 goodness in the mold of Panzer General. This promises to be a true classic!

Moderators: Slitherine Core, Panzer Corps Design, Panzer Corps Moderators

Forefall
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Bonus Difficulties Not Working on IPad

Post by Forefall » Mon Jan 06, 2014 1:34 am

I see no difference on any of them. When I click on the scenario information after starting a bonus difficulty game it says lieutenant, colonel, or general. It seems it is only selecting the difficulty visually placed above it and not selecting the actual bonus difficulty.

Has this been reported yet? Any chance this could be fixed?

Forefall
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Re: Bonus Difficulties Not Working on IPad

Post by Forefall » Wed Jan 15, 2014 3:11 pm

Is this posted in the wrong section? Or do iPad players just not have the difficulties unlocked yet?

Could a developer confirm they're at least aware of this?

lordzimoa
Lordz Games Studio
Lordz Games Studio

Post by lordzimoa » Wed Jan 15, 2014 5:00 pm

Is has been reported and if busted, it will be fixed asap. New update is in the making, ETA to be announced.

rodney727
Lance Corporal - SdKfz 222

Post by rodney727 » Thu Jan 16, 2014 3:21 am

Yes it has been reported by me. Sadly they did not believe me so thank you. It is clear they didn't play test the dlcs. Also field marshal in dlcs is very questionable at best. Remember they are asking the full price for the iPad version as the PC version. They claim that it is 99% of the PC version which I can tell you is NOT TRUE. I have no clue who they had on their beta test team but I can tell you this... They should never be allowed again to beta test without first knowing the game. It is very clear to me now that they see me as an IRA fund rather than a loyal customer.

lordzimoa
Lordz Games Studio
Lordz Games Studio

Post by lordzimoa » Thu Jan 16, 2014 8:01 am

Yes it has been reported by me. Sadly they did not believe me so thank you. It is clear they didn't play test the dlcs. Also field marshal in dlcs is very questionable at best. Remember they are asking the full price for the iPad version as the PC version. They claim that it is 99% of the PC version which I can tell you is NOT TRUE. I have no clue who they had on their beta test team but I can tell you this... They should never be allowed again to beta test without first knowing the game. It is very clear to me now that they see me as an IRA fund rather than a loyal customer.

This is just bull sorry, it is a bug that unfortunately slipped through, thousands of hours went into testing and it is insulting to all the great guys out there who voluntarily helped with Beta testing. This happens with thousands and thousands lines of code, just like the PC version, I believe we brought out over 20 free updates, not only with fixes, but also with new features or requests to make the game better. We support our games to the full over years and years. It will be the same for any other platform, one of the things we do, is listen and read your feedback.

It will be fixed and we update this as soon as possible.

This is a last warning as you are close to a ban on all our forums, we don't mind critic, but you go to far in your accusations, insinuations and tone here. This is not the first time either.

This is an adult forum, where we show some respect and keep manners and have normal conversations.

IainMcNeil
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by IainMcNeil » Thu Jan 16, 2014 9:58 am

Rogo/Rodney - I'm not sure how we "do not believe you" when we have asked you to explain the bug and how to repeat it in the multiple threads you have posted it and still don't have a clear answer. If you had explained the issue clearly it probably would have been found and fixed by now but you seem to prefer to start a flame war on multiple forums. This is not the first time but it is the last. If you continue to hurl abuse and accusations (which apart from anything else are completely untrue) you will be banned.

The issue reported here is completely different to what you referred to in another forum so I'm not sure exactly what is happening. We are investigating but more information would be useful.

Ron42na

Post by Ron42na » Thu Jan 16, 2014 5:06 pm

rodney727 wrote:Yes it has been reported by me. Sadly they did not believe me so thank you. It is clear they didn't play test the dlcs. Also field marshal in dlcs is very questionable at best. Remember they are asking the full price for the iPad version as the PC version. They claim that it is 99% of the PC version which I can tell you is NOT TRUE. I have no clue who they had on their beta test team but I can tell you this... They should never be allowed again to beta test without first knowing the game. It is very clear to me now that they see me as an IRA fund rather than a loyal customer.
All programs have bugs - even organizations like NASA that spend hundreds of millions on their code. I've been playing PC on the iPad since it came out and, yes, I ran into some issues - but nothing game breaking, and I feel I have been more than adequately compensated for what I paid for the game.

No software company ever tests all possible conditions. With any reasonably complex code base, there are easily millions (or tens of millions) of testable conditions. As an example, when I was at a Quality Assurance conference we were tasked with coming up with test cases for a simple calculator with no advanced functionality - we very quickly came up with close to 100 test cases - and this was for a brain-dead simple app. No company will ever test all of these millions of conditions - and no consumer would pay what it would cost to run all of those tests.

Also, keep in mind that to ensure the final quality you can't just test a scenario once. You need to do regression testing each time you get a new build, and that regression testing will only realistically be able to cover a small subset of the total test scenarios you have for the software. So, some of the bugs you've seen may well have worked at one point - but broke near the end due to an unforeseen ramification of a code change.

This isn't to say I think overly buggy software is acceptable (I don't), but it's also not realistic to expect near-perfection for something costing less than $100. As long as the company fixes the critical issues and a reasonable number of the non-critical ones in a timely manner, I think they have met their responsibility to the customer.

Almost forgot - I am in no way affiliated with Slitherine or Lordz.

rodney727

Post by rodney727 » Thu Jan 16, 2014 5:40 pm

I guess I don't know what more to tell you than this. Play the dlc on FM and you will see what I'm talking about. I have said before the advanced levels are not working! What more do you need and I will send it to you.

Return to “Panzer Corps”