What options do you play on?

PC : Turn based WW2 goodness in the mold of Panzer General. This promises to be a true classic!

Moderators: Slitherine Core, Panzer Corps Moderators, Panzer Corps Design

Muddy
Sergeant - 7.5 cm FK 16 nA

What options do you play on?

Post by Muddy » Mon Jan 20, 2014 4:38 pm

With these new advanced options I play on Field marshal , AI level 2, rules 1.20, limited (dice chess) with the maximum extra turns. I hate turn limits. :) I find these options to give the most exciting and interesting play ever. Those advanced options really opened up the game.

What do you find to be the best?

janscas
Lance Corporal - SdKfz 222
Lance Corporal - SdKfz 222

Re: What options do you play on?

Post by janscas » Wed Jan 22, 2014 4:16 pm

I play on Field Marshall with 50% prestige and reform units.

Pretty difficult in GC after 1943.

Schneides42
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by Schneides42 » Thu Jan 23, 2014 12:49 am

I play on General with reform units. I also tend to use the cheat functions to increase prestige especially after 1942 in the GC.

fliegenderstaub
Sergeant - Panzer IIC
Sergeant - Panzer IIC

Post by fliegenderstaub » Thu Jan 23, 2014 2:27 pm

I play various GC campaigns on various difficulties.

Mainly on Field Marshal or General, one on Rommel, but I am afraid that will be unfinished after '43... :wink: I have tried Guderian, but five turns less are too much, at least for me. So I am trying my own difficulty (I call it "Kesselring" :), unfortunately I can't save the settings ): Like FM, but with 75% prestige, 75% experience and two turns less.

I always use limited randomness for anti-stress reasons :lol:. And reform units of course...
...and like the once-mighty Mahi-Mahi, you will end
up on a poo-poo platter in the Tikki Hut of life! -Al Bundy -

Victor_K
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by Victor_K » Thu Jan 23, 2014 7:19 pm

Playing the DLC's, I like playing on General, reform units (so I will not lose units due to carelessness) and to keep my blood pressure under control I use the limited randomness (dice roll).

boredatwork
Staff Sergeant - Kavallerie

Post by boredatwork » Thu Jan 23, 2014 10:31 pm

I've never been a fan of prestige as a mechanic for balance - the cumulative snowball effect making later content either trivial or impossible.

The nice thing about PzC is between custom difficulty and the cheat codes the developers eventually gave players the tools to play with a huge amount of flexibility to find a play style that suits them.

- I play on a custom difficulty level somewhere between FM and Manstein - ie reduced experience and with the computer unit base strength at 12 or 13.
- I use reform units and use the cheat code to restore partial (as opposed to no) experience to lost units in the next scenario.
- I also use the "+/- core" and "all eqp" cheats to buy all of my units, including SE units by the end of 1939 so they can all be rotated for experience. The +/- core being used to manually adjust the overall deployed core size to the intended scenario limit, regardless of how many SE units I deploy or not.
- the +/- core is also useful to increase the number of core slots to replace auxiliary units with similar core units ( the AA during the Kursk scenarios in the DLC for example) The auxiliary units then hide in a corner of the map, unused.
- the prestige cheat is used as necessary - usually 7500-10000 in 1939 to buy the entire core force ASAP. While ultimately I consider prestige irrelevant, I do keep track of my deficit and am usually able to "pay back" borrowed prestige by 1941 and end the war with a surplus.

- Since reform units was implemented I never reload EXCEPT if a mistake is made due to a game interface accident - accidently moving a unit when trying to select another or similar.

Anfield

Post by Anfield » Sat Jan 25, 2014 4:16 am

FM, 75 prestige, 5 plus turns and AI prestige at 200, and reform units. I also buy my SE units at the start of each year too. In 1939 I start by getting 2 reg infanty and a artillery and go from there adding one SE unit each year.

BiteNibbleChomp
Lieutenant-General - Do 217E
Lieutenant-General - Do 217E

Post by BiteNibbleChomp » Sat Jan 25, 2014 11:36 pm

Lieutenant with 200% prestige. Sometimes add turns in harder attack scenarios

- BNC
Creator of American Civil War mod for Strategic Command WWI!
Discuss here: http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=4504986
Download: http://www.mediafire.com/file/tj4t11z3ttl142w/SCACW.zip/file

captainjack
Colonel - Ju 88A
Colonel - Ju 88A

Post by captainjack » Sun Jan 26, 2014 3:18 am

General, 1.21, Reform Units, and full random, I use cheat codes to refund the 50 prestige when I upgrade from trucks to other transports - I can't believe an army wouldn't find a use for unwanted trucks somewhere else!

I have started to struggle at 1943 East.

sn0wball
Sergeant Major - SdKfz 234/2 8Rad
Sergeant Major - SdKfz 234/2 8Rad

Post by sn0wball » Mon Jan 27, 2014 3:28 pm

Reforms Units - the single most important addition to the game; before, losing old and interesting Hero units was a drag

Dice Chess - made the game much better for me, too

endur
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by endur » Fri Jan 31, 2014 5:04 am

I'm currently playing with Colonel, ai 2, reform units, and full randomness. Once I finish the grand campaign, I'll switch over to Field Marshal with reform units and dice chess.

dragos

Post by dragos » Sun Feb 02, 2014 5:37 pm

Colonel, with AI 2, and 25% prestige (a more difficult Rommel), with Reform units on.

Return to “Panzer Corps”