Steam Achievements

PC : Turn based WW2 goodness in the mold of Panzer General. This promises to be a true classic!

Moderators: Slitherine Core, Panzer Corps Design, Panzer Corps Moderators

prattaa
Sergeant - Panzer IIC
Sergeant - Panzer IIC

Re: Steam Achievements

Post by prattaa »

I'm guessing Grandest Campaigner only happens after completing all of the DLC campaigns? I played a campaign from '39 DLC to East '45 and didn't get it. I've started a new campaign but this time I'll go west and hope it triggers.

Also there seems to be a bug with '45 East that going to the Epilogue scenario will not trigger the achievement for '45 East. I had to reload Berlin Redux and lose to get that one.
Shards
Slitherine
Slitherine

Post by Shards »

Hi All,

First of all, let me congratulate some of you on racking up a monstrous collection of Achievements!

In response to the questions that you've raised about the MP achievements, I've been working with the development team to look into why they have not been unlocked by anyone yet.

Unfortunately, is looks like changes in our middleware solutions have meant that, whilst they unlocked during our testing period, they will now no longer unlock at all. This is hugely disappointing for us, especially given the amount of time that some of you have put into gaining these achievements!

Our only solution for now is to disable the below achievements in Steam when we release the next patch, v1.24, alongside the Operation Sea Lion DLC release.

Removing:
Wehrmacht Gladiator Play a multiplayer game on every map from Panzer Corps Wehrmacht
Afrika Gladiator Play a multiplayer game on every map from Panzer Corps Afrika Korps
Allied Gladiator Play a multiplayer game on every map from Panzer Corps Allied Corps
Total Gladiator Play a multiplayer game on every map

We hope that you've still enjoyed the MP games that you've started up and will continue to do so in the future?

Thanks,
goose_2
Tournament Organizer of the Year 2017

Post by goose_2 »

Thank you for the answer to the question of if they can be achieved.
Removing them is not the solution I would have liked to have seen, but it is better than leaving on achievements that cannot be achieved.

I love this game whether I am playing the computer or the many great players online.
This is a tremendous community.

Thanks again for the answer and the support.
goose_2
Lutheran Multiplayer Tournament Organizer. :-)

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCRHQShaOv5PWoer6cP1syLQ
goose_2

Post by goose_2 »

Well as of this weekend I have acquired another achievement.
Newest achievement Butcher Silver
Eliminating 50 infantry units with 1 unit.
That is now 42 out of 84 or I guess after the update 42 out of 80.
Only 38 more to go.
goose_2

Delta66
Sergeant First Class - Panzer IIIL

Post by Delta66 »

Thanks for the info Shards, better late than never.

I'm not sure what they were supposed to cover. Playing through all scenarios designed for MP was ok, but if some scenarios designed for solo are very good in MP some are a real pain, in particular those from AK don't works well because giving all pp right away from the start instead of a little for each turn, makes it easy for crafty players to skew the scenario right from the start.

Giving all pp at start and no per turn income, is good as far as solo play is concerned, as it avoid the somewhat silly tricks of making the scenario last to the very last turn (as in the vanilla game), but for MP it is too easy to abuse it.

***********************************************************************************************

Hi goose_2 ,indeed we went through an almost complete play of the vanilla game scenarios with prattaa and get nothing, we stopped close to the end when we get the above infos from the devs.

Having all achievement except those from AK, which I don't own, the only one I have found really challenging was lonely wolf. Winning campaigns on Manstein or Guderian are the next interesting ones but not that hard. All other ones are more or automatic if you play long enough, but for some you'll have to play the Grand Campaign, or a long custom campaign to have enough scenarios to rake up five stars for every type of units.
Delta66

Post by Delta66 »

BTW Shards it may be good to post the info on the Steam forum.
goose_2

Post by goose_2 »

Hey Delta66 good to hear from you buddy.
I just got another Steam Achievement this week in my Grand Campaign in the Minsk scenario.
I finally earned over 30000 in prestige.
So that makes 43 out of 80.

Problem: I lost my Recon. :oops: :cry:
I had been working so long and so hard to build him up, and now he is gone.

How hard is it to earn the 5 star recon achievement?
Is it worth trying to build another one up in the Grand Campaign, or should I try to do it in the Allied Campaign or Afrika Campaign?

It is so easy to lose recons that I am debating whether or not to try to achieve it in my Grand Campaign after Minsk or just save my money for better units.
Let me know your thoughts.
goose_2

Delta66

Post by Delta66 »

For the five stars achievements the ones I get later were AA and AT , this one probably because I didn't developed AT right from the start, then in 3rd place recon all others are fairly easy in the GC. I got to say that I played the GC in Manstein difficulty (just for the challenge).

The problem with recon is that they get very vulnerable in the second part of the war, as they can't stnd their ground vs enemy tanks and their improvements schedule cannot match those of the tanks. So I think it is easier in the GC as there are more scenarios. I can't say for the AK campaign I only played it in MP, but for the AC campaign strong tanks appears quite soon.

If I play a GC for efficiency I wouldn't use recon at all in the late war, I rather use more tanks like the Panther especially if they have Scouting heroes. Also I know the scenarios quite well. Then if you want to go for the achievement you'll have to use your recon with great care and make sure it is not in the frontline at the end of your turn. Use it only to pick easy target like guns or suppressed units, most of the time I use it to finish a unit which escaped from a previous attack with a few strength point left. If you start with a fresh one in 41 it would be just harder, clearly 39 and 40 are their best years. Maybe you can reload from your last scenario with your recon still alive.

For the tank and fighter achievements needing to kill 100 enemy, I found it was useful to rename one of your unit "Tanks Killer" or "Fighters Killer" from your units with the most kills at the end of GC 39 or GC 40, and to use it consistently as the finisher, to avoid spreading the finishing kills across all your tanks or fighters. Actually you have some extra margin I get it by the end of 44 or early 45.
Dragoon.

Post by Dragoon. »

goose_2 wrote:Hey Delta66 good to hear from you buddy.
I just got another Steam Achievement this week in my Grand Campaign in the Minsk scenario.
I finally earned over 30000 in prestige.
So that makes 43 out of 80.

Problem: I lost my Recon. :oops: :cry:
I had been working so long and so hard to build him up, and now he is gone.

How hard is it to earn the 5 star recon achievement?
Is it worth trying to build another one up in the Grand Campaign, or should I try to do it in the Allied Campaign or Afrika Campaign?

It is so easy to lose recons that I am debating whether or not to try to achieve it in my Grand Campaign after Minsk or just save my money for better units.
Let me know your thoughts.
Sorry if I intrude, but I wanted to pitch in in the discussion about earning the 5 star recon achievement.

You're not alone losing recon units during the GC. I seldom lose units, but in my 4 GC East playthroughs, I never managed to get a single recon intact through the whole campaign. I'm actually in my 5th play through and during '42 east I already lost my recon to a freshly spawned KV-1C army. There is always this one hex to far I go. :oops:

But don't worry, to get a 5 star Recon is ridicules easy while playing Allied Corps during the British Africa campaign. Their armored cars are good match for the Italian and early German tanks. They can and will be a backbone of your core until late '41. I never had so many successful recon units in my core as during the British allied corps campaign.

Not so easy but still very possible is during with Africa Corps campaign. Especially when you op to buy the Italian Sahariana Recon unit, a very fast recon unit (8 hex, all terrain movement!) which can also dismount and fight as infantry. They have the same stats as Bersaglieri !!, but with 3 spotting !!!. I like to dismount when attacking vulnerable soft targets like artillery, AT-guns, and sometimes for an ambush in close terrain. This will help you to gain quickly experience and reach the 5 Star goal.
Last edited by Dragoon. on Fri Oct 09, 2015 8:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Delta66

Post by Delta66 »

I already had the 5 stars recon achievements when playing through AC, so I didn't pay much attention to it. But as Dragoon mentioned the Sahariana, you can use the LRDG in AC and use them as infantry, that way they are significantly less vulnerable. And of course pumping the recon you selected for the achievement to max overstrength should help its survivability.
goose_2

Post by goose_2 »

Dragoon wrote: But don't worry, to get a 5 star Recon is ridicules easy while playing Allied Corps during the British Africa campaign. Their armored cars are good match for the Italian and early German tanks. They can and will be a backbone of your core until late '41. I never had so many successful recon units in my core as during the British allied corps campaign.

Not so easy but still very possible is during with Africa Corps campaign. Especially when you op to buy the Italian Sahariana Recon unit, a very fast recon unit (8 hex, all terrain movement!) which can also dismount and fight as infantry. They have the same stats as Bersaglieri !!, but with 3 spotting !!!. I like to dismount when attacking vulnerable soft targets like artillery, AT-guns, and sometimes for an ambush in close terrain. This will help you to gain quickly experience and reach the 5 Star goal.

Thanks Dragoon,
This kind of information is exactly what I was looking for when I put up the question.
I will take this sage advice and concentrate my time and money on building up my more resilient units and save this achievement when I finally break down and try to do a blind playthrough on Allied Corps and Afrika Corps.
Thanks so much for this timely and helpful information.
God Bless this forum and the people on it. :wink: :mrgreen:
goose_2

skyfox122
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by skyfox122 »

Delta66 - I like your idea about renaming the units - it does make it easier rather than having to check the units kills.

Good information from all of you on which campaign to achieve certain achievements!!!
CmdrFoster
Shards
Slitherine
Slitherine

Post by Shards »

Hi All, hope that your Recons are blessed?

Just to confirm that, with 1.24 and Sea Lion releasing today, we've taken the 4 unreachable achievements down from Steam.

Think about it this way, you're now all 5% closer to 100% achievements ;-)
goose_2

Post by goose_2 »

Just earned another achievement in Vyazma
50 heroes in one campaign.
The last one was an 88AA Initiative Hero, not exactly note worthy, yet I did just that. ;-)
44 out of 80
goose_2

goose_2

Post by goose_2 »

Ok I have occassionally taken some time playing single player campaign through Allied Corps at Colonel level just to try and get what I thought would be some quick achievements, although it has not been quick it is definitely easier to play Allied Corps then it was the vanilla campaign or Grand Campaign.
A lot more Prestige to throw around then when you are the Axis, so i just play as quick as possible not really sweating my results.
I am on Anzio having started as British and building up my Corps and in the midst of the battle I knocked out 3 more Steam Achievements.
5 star Strategic Bomber
5 Star Artillery
Highest British Honor
So that makes 47 out of 80

I am confident that I will be able to get all the other 5 star achievements playing this Allid Corps Campaign, only 2 that I might have to wait for my laborious Grand Campaign to achieve is the 5 star AA and the 5 Star AT.
AA takes a while to build up and I have not purchased any British AT's as they do not seem to be worthwhile early in the Campaign.
There Churchills however are unstoppable.
Seriously what are the strategies to defeat Churchill's?
When I face them in mp maps I am left flumoxed quite often.
Especially on Blood and Sand.
Love this forum.
Last edited by goose_2 on Tue Dec 01, 2015 1:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
goose_2

captainjack
Brigadier-General - 15 cm Nblwf 41
Brigadier-General - 15 cm Nblwf 41

Post by captainjack »

Hi Goose_2,

I've used the AT portees with some success - the 2 pounder is a bit rubbish, but certainly better than the towed version, and the 6 pounder and Deacon are quite good, though they need support from a heavy artillery piece or a strategic bomber to provide suppression as if anything fires back you tend to be in trouble. I've just started using the 90mm SPAT in Nikki's Italian mod for AK and this works quite well. I think I've got to 3 or 4*.

As for Churchills, unless you have a 3 or 4* AT with +4 or better attack hero, the only thing that consistently works for me is: surround, set a strategic bomber on it and hope it surrenders. However, the chances of doing that against a real opponent are
small.
goose_2

Post by goose_2 »

Last night my 7 month old would not sleep so i took some of the "extra time" I knocked out Salerno and got 2 more achievements.

5 Star Tank
5 Star Infantry

This brings me to 49 out of 80 or 61%
So after almost a year I finally graduate from playing at an F graded level and have moved up to D -

Well played Slitherine.
Well played. :wink:

Stay Lutheran my Friends
goose_2

skyfox122
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Re: Steam Achievements Goose_2

Post by skyfox122 »

Goose_2 - I have been hard at work on my Steam Achievements: I am at 50% total of 40 completed.

So the chase is on - watch your back - I'm gunning for you. lol
CmdrFoster
goose_2

Post by goose_2 »

skyfox122 - I expect to be surpassed in about 2 weeks.

You are a machine. ;-)
goose_2

skyfox122
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by skyfox122 »

goose_2 wrote:skyfox122 - I expect to be surpassed in about 2 weeks.

You are a machine. ;-)
Just picked up another achievement - total now 41 - yeah about 2 weeks sounds right. Don't you slow down or my recon will run you over!! Nothing like road kill !!
CmdrFoster

Return to “Panzer Corps”