Steam Achievements

PC : Turn based WW2 goodness in the mold of Panzer General. This promises to be a true classic!

Moderators: Slitherine Core, Panzer Corps Design, Panzer Corps Moderators

captainjack
Brigadier-General - 15 cm Nblwf 41
Brigadier-General - 15 cm Nblwf 41

Re: Steam Achievements

Post by captainjack »

When 1.2 was brought in there would almost certainly have been a proper change log posted, so if you are good at searching or very patient, you can trawl through the posts to look for it. Or better still someone will remember where to look and post a link.

The changes introduced by 1.2 that I can remember include:
- battlefield reinforcements come suppressed;
- if you upgrade out of series you lose any overstrength;
- overstrength costs progressively more for each extra point;
- class-specific experience bonus (eg AA and Fighters get +2/experience star on Air attack, AT gets +2 on HA);
- entrenchment provides greater bonus against ranged and air attacks (+2/point rather than +1);
- surrender prestige introduced;
- soft cap introduced.

It's possible that train movement was changed in 1.2 to allow movement on the turn you disembark, but that might have been earlier.

Some of them took a bit of getting used to and I had a lot of trouble learning how to deal with the new AA experience modifier. Currently I like all of these except soft cap. Luckily this can be disabled fairly easily by editing a line of one (safely backed up) file.
Rork
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by Rork »

captainjack wrote:When 1.2 was brought in there would almost certainly have been a proper change log posted, so if you are good at searching or very patient, you can trawl through the posts to look for it. Or better still someone will remember where to look and post a link.
Better still, if possible :P . I no longer have the patience to crawl through posts. There's a change log in the game files, but I don't know if it's complete.
captainjack wrote:if you upgrade out of series you lose any overstrength
Yea, that was the most insidious one, also the most asinine one imho. I thought it was a bug and kept reloading saves, then later switched to writing down each overstrength cost so as to manually give myself back the prestige lost...
captainjack wrote:soft cap introduced
I don't know what that means, sorry.
captainjack wrote:It's possible that train movement was changed in 1.2 to allow movement on the turn you disembark, but that might have been earlier.
That was almost a good change. Almost, because you still need to give up the movement in order to occupy a hex :roll: .

Still, do these sets of rules affect unlocking achievs?
Last edited by Rork on Wed May 11, 2016 2:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rork
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by Rork »

I had some time and found the new rules vs. old rules comparison, which also helped explaining the prestige soft cap (and that's all about it here, as this isn't the proper thread for it and I would probably be... not very polite when and if discussing it :twisted: ). I didn't noticed it, but then again most of my play was before the 1.2 rules were introduced, so I'll see how it goes with SC or with any new campaigns.
I'm also thinking that's why I never got prestige from surrender. Not to mention that I don't go for surrender except occasionally: the resources dedicated to it are usually better used for wiping out two or more units (depending on the situation, of course).

However, what is relevant to this thread still remains unanswered, but then again I found that it doesn't really matter. Unlocking achievs seems to be rather random, the only certainty is that eventually most of them will unlock :lol: . Still, if anyone wants to check the whys of it, I kept some saves in reserve, so to speak.

Thank you again, goose_2 and captainjack, for the replies.
Last edited by Rork on Wed Feb 24, 2016 9:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
goose_2
Tournament Organizer of the Year 2017

Post by goose_2 »

Steam Achievement 53 Down
100 inf kills with a single unit

Achieved it with my SE inf BA that has 2 hero's that add up to +4 att in my Grand Campaign
http://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtop ... 03#p594203

Now that Beta testing is over maybe I can knock some more out. ;-)
goose_2
Lutheran Multiplayer Tournament Organizer. :-)

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCRHQShaOv5PWoer6cP1syLQ
goose_2

Post by goose_2 »

I have not given an update I am at 60 of the Steam achievements.
I have added 50 airplane kills in my Grand Play
I have added 50 tank kills in my Grand Play
I earned the 100 scenarios in my Grand Play
I earned Colonel award; British Victory; American Victory by finishing my quick playthrough through Allied Corps. (I have decided I do not like playing through at Colonel level, too easy, I just wanted that achievement)
I must have earned 1 more but I am forgetting what that is.

75% there
The majority will have to come through a steady playthrough the Grand Campaign.

Then I will be trying a blind playthrough the Afrika Corps campaign, and then maybe Grand Campaign at Rommel, Guderian, or Manstein level. So many options, so much content, so many good times.

#bestgameever
goose_2

goose_2

Post by goose_2 »

Yay!!
Earned another achievement this morning in beta testing. :twisted:

Top Medal for American unit.

That makes 61 out of 80.

As soon as Beta testing is over I will be able to bust out 1942 playthrough to earn that achievement.

So many achievements so little time
goose_2

ZeroMaster78
Private First Class - Opel Blitz
Private First Class - Opel Blitz

Post by ZeroMaster78 »

Hello community,

a few minutes ago i finally managed my last GC scenario... so i played the total of 10 campaigns... i got all the single GC-achievements east and west, but not the grandest campaigner achievement... whats the problem, what did i miss? Thats the last achievement i dont have, except the multiplayer ones, which i have no interest in...

Best regards
0-Master
nikivdd
Panzer Corps Map Designer
Panzer Corps Map Designer

Post by nikivdd »

Blood, sweat and tears. The Italian victory achievement :) (achievement 59/80 and 671 hours of gameplay)
https://www.facebook.com/NikivddPanzerCorps
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCk2lyeEuH_hoA1s7tnTAEJQ
Rork
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by Rork »

Just finished the Allied Corps American campaign on Guderian... er, Patton difficulty. I got the Father of Blitzkrieg and American Victory achievements, as expected, but then I also got British Victory :shock: .
What I didn't get was Greatest American Honour. Highest medal earned was Distinguished Service Cross, second slot in the unit's battle history. Is this achievement bugged or is the American campaign too short to get the final medal or what? Greatest German Honour was achieved with only the first two medal slots occupied, so yea, I'd say there's a problem here.
I'd be very grateful for any answers. And if needed, I kept the final save.
goose_2

Post by goose_2 »

Got some time to finish 42 campaign this weekend which makes for another Steam Achievement 62 out of 80.
18 to go.

That last scenario in '42 was a killer. :oops:
goose_2

goose_2

Post by goose_2 »

2 more this morning in Belgorad
100 tank kills with Uber Rudel and 100 Planes killed with Heinrich Bar
So that makes 64 out of 80.
My next one will be a while as it will probably be finishing the '43 Campaign and that is a long slog away. :roll: :wink:
goose_2

Stephen1024
Sergeant First Class - Panzer IIIL

Post by Stephen1024 »

My favourite achievements destroyed 10,000 units and the fact I clocked 1000 hours on steam finally.

How many times must I complete 42 I still no achievement haha. I love wording of the 42 achievement.
Rork
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by Rork »

I'm pretty sure I mentioned a question somewhere in there... ah, there it is:
Rork wrote:What I didn't get was Greatest American Honour. Highest medal earned was Distinguished Service Cross, second slot in the unit's battle history. Is this achievement bugged or is the American campaign too short to get the final medal or what?
Let me try again, as in YES or NO answer, to make it really simple:
Can Greatest American Honour be achieved in the Allied Corps American campaign?

Hopefully someone will answer somewhat sooner than two weeks...
goose_2

Post by goose_2 »

Rork wrote:I'm pretty sure I mentioned a question somewhere in there... ah, there it is:
Rork wrote:What I didn't get was Greatest American Honour. Highest medal earned was Distinguished Service Cross, second slot in the unit's battle history. Is this achievement bugged or is the American campaign too short to get the final medal or what?
Let me try again, as in YES or NO answer, to make it really simple:
Can Greatest American Honour be achieved in the Allied Corps American campaign?

Hopefully someone will answer somewhat sooner than two weeks...
I did not attempt this achievement when I played Allied Campaign as I played it as Colonel and only with British to get those achievements.

So my direct answer to your direct question: Can Greatest American Honour be achieved in the Allied Corps American campaign?

I don't know.

I achieved this achievement by beta testing the American Grand campaign which comes out on Thursday.

Try earning it there.
goose_2

Rork
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by Rork »

Thank you for the answer.
Since I'm following this thread, I knew how you got this particular achiev so I was hoping to hear from someone who ran into the same problem, but... Greatest American Honour was introduced by the AC expansion (or whatever you care to call it), so I really don't understand how it's supposed to be achieved since:
1. on all difficulties except Field Marshal, 12 scenarios is enough to get all medals for a starting core unit, but
2. apparently the American campaign is too short for it (I had 5-star units with three commanders for the last three scenarios on non-stop use) and
3. playing the British campaign, you get access to the American units two scenarios AFTER the US starts their campaign, so there are even less chances for the third medal to pop up.
It almost looks like US Corps was designed for an achievement introduced three years ago?!? Makes no sense...
Stephen1024

Post by Stephen1024 »

It can be achieved in Allied Corps but its very hard as you got less time. You can find your lucky get the achievement very close to the end, just depends on hitting that magic kill number.

Nikivdd noticed the American campaign was short and very hard start, so he created US gc. The fact GC set over lot more missions will make getting that achievement easier in US GC then it is Allied Corps.
Rork
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by Rork »

Heh, now it makes all the sense in the world :twisted: . Many thanks for your answer.
Delta66

Post by Delta66 »

I did get it with vanilla AC, it was last year but if I remember correctly it was with a tactical bomber a Marauder (maybe improved later to an improved type), which do a good amount of damage.
BTW now that they have removed the buggy MP achievements all other achievements are achievable either with the Vanilla PzC, AC, the Wehrmacht GC or AK for the Italians ones
Rork
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by Rork »

Yes, a tac bomber was my best shot at that medal (I'm presuming it was a Medal of Honor); alas, it didn't happen.

I've noted in my other posts some other achievement bugs, but this one was especially infuriating, since prior to the release of the US Corps, there was no other way of getting it.
Delta66

Post by Delta66 »

I checked the unit history log, and noticed that I get it on V-Rocket site though (playing on FM difficulty).

- Purchased two B-25 Mitchell right on first scenario Torch
- Upgrade to B-26 during scenario 2, Kasserine

- Go for tanks or vehicles targets.
- Try to get Attack Heroes for at least one of your tac bomber, to get more kills.

Return to “Panzer Corps”