Redeeming Your Steam Key

PC : Turn based WW2 goodness in the mold of Panzer General. This promises to be a true classic!

Moderators: Slitherine Core, Panzer Corps Moderators, Panzer Corps Design

promytius1
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Re: Resolution

Post by promytius1 »

Well, Steam let me down - it won't accept any of the other key numbers - all I get is the core Panzer Corps, no add-ons. I started a ticket with them. Nothing that looks/sounds easy ever is, for me at least! I'll post again if there's any results; I think it is always helpful to know about the difficulties as well as the successes.
promytius1
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Re: Redeeming Your Steam Key

Post by promytius1 »

Well that was interesting - inside the game, beyond the "old" startup screen, were all of my add-ons! So I have no idea if the non-registering of the add-ons actually worked, or if the add-ons were somehow part of the Steam key. Anyway, the lesson I see here is if you expect something to be simple, it won't be, and maybe more detailed instructions would have helped.
Bottom line is it is great to have access to this wonderful game here as well as on Steam. BTW, I just conquered Poland! Again! :)
usmcwo1
Private First Class - Opel Blitz

Post by usmcwo1 »

What is the purpose of redeeming a Steam Key?
impar
Master Sergeant - Bf 109E
Master Sergeant - Bf 109E

Post by impar »

Registering the game in Steam.
Godsend the next time you want to re-install Panzer Corps.
VPaulus
Slitherine
Slitherine

Post by VPaulus »

You have also achievements in Steam. :)
zappel
Master Sergeant - U-boat
Master Sergeant - U-boat

Post by zappel »

impar wrote:Godsend the next time you want to re-install Panzer Corps.
As I did: one installation for the game, ten DLC and two add-ons. Just great.
zappel
Master Sergeant - U-boat
Master Sergeant - U-boat

Post by zappel »

VPaulus wrote:You have also achievements in Steam. :)
And most of them work: viewtopic.php?f=121&t=48774 :?
Kenchitgi

Post by Kenchitgi »

This worked nicely .. well done .. looking forward to more steam releases ...
Hawkeyeted
Private First Class - Wehrmacht Inf
Private First Class - Wehrmacht Inf

Post by Hawkeyeted »

I just bought the PzC Megapack on Steam. Should I, or is there even a need, to register the serials? And if so, how do I go about it?
Tarrak
Panzer Corps Moderator
Panzer Corps Moderator

Post by Tarrak »

Hawkeyeted wrote:I just bought the PzC Megapack on Steam. Should I, or is there even a need, to register the serials? And if so, how do I go about it?
This thread is about the other way around. It's describe the way for people who bought PC in the Slitherine/Matrix shop and want a key to register it on Steam. If you bought your game over Steam there is no need for any further steps.
IainMcNeil
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by IainMcNeil »

We don't have any way to register your steam purchases here as there is no serial number from Steam. The only way to register on both is to buy here and redeem a steam key.
reynolma2

Post by reynolma2 »

I have the PanzerCorps Mega Campaign, and I have registered the serial #, I can confirm via the 'My Page', how do I get the proper Steam key? When I go to the redeem Steam keys, there is no option to redeem the Mega Campaign.

What do I do?
Tarrak
Panzer Corps Moderator
Panzer Corps Moderator

Post by Tarrak »

reynolma2 wrote:I have the PanzerCorps Mega Campaign, and I have registered the serial #, I can confirm via the 'My Page', how do I get the proper Steam key? When I go to the redeem Steam keys, there is no option to redeem the Mega Campaign.

What do I do?
To redeem the Mega Pack on Steam you need to redeem all the DLC's it consist of one by one. On your Steam keys page you should see all the single DLCs listed. The page should look like this:
reynolma2

Post by reynolma2 »

I registered my Mega-Campaign serial# (it shows up as registered), yet when I go to the "generate Steam keys'. I do not see listed all the individual expansion packs listed for me to redeem properly.

Under "My Steam Keys" it shows only 'register serial' for the expansions, not 'redeem key'.
Tarrak
Panzer Corps Moderator
Panzer Corps Moderator

Post by Tarrak »

reynolma2 wrote:I registered my Mega-Campaign serial# (it shows up as registered), yet when I go to the "generate Steam keys'. I do not see listed all the individual expansion packs listed for me to redeem properly.

Under "My Steam Keys" it shows only 'register serial' for the expansions, not 'redeem key'.
If this is the case then something is bugged with your account. You need someone from support to have a look at this. There is a chance they will spot your post here but if you write an email at support[at]slitherine.co.uk and provide your account name and describe the problem it will speed the process up. Good Luck with solving your problem.
reynolma2

Post by reynolma2 »

Thanks,
I will contact the support team for this.
VPaulus
Slitherine
Slitherine

Post by VPaulus »

@reynolma2

You'll have to click on Register Serial, insert your Mega Pack serial and then the Redeem Key option will be available afterwards. You'll have to do this for each DLC campaign.
Tarrak
Panzer Corps Moderator
Panzer Corps Moderator

Post by Tarrak »

VPaulus wrote:@reynolma2

You'll have to click on Register Serial, insert your Mega Pack serial and then the Redeem Key option will be available afterwards. You'll have to do this for each DLC campaign.
It sounds to me like has done it already unless of course i am misunderstanding it.
reynolma2 wrote:I registered my Mega-Campaign serial# (it shows up as registered), yet when I go to the "generate Steam keys'. I do not see listed all the individual expansion packs listed for me to redeem properly.
Nickster

Post by Nickster »

Generated the keys no problem then spent the next 30 mins trying to find how to actually load the game into Steam :? Maybe add this little nugget to the opening description, might save noobs like me some time in the future :D

I just got a key for Steam, how do I install the game without buying it?

Choose + ADD A GAME.... option... bottom left of your steam client. Then choose the ACTIVATE PRODUCT option. Then add your key
Fnord

Post by Fnord »

I'm trying to register my Panzer Corps key using the link in the original post, but it does not seem to work. I insert the Serial Number into the Serial Number field, and pick Panzer Corps from the "games" list. Then I just get bumped back to the exact same page with "Advanced Tactics Gold" being the selected game. No steam serial can be found on this page: http://www.slitherine.com/my_page/steam_serials. Is the site having issues right now, or am I just doing something wrong?

*edit* The game was purchased from the Matrix Games digital distribution store. It's not a boxed copy or anything like that.

Return to “Panzer Corps”