Redeeming Your Steam Key

PC : Turn based WW2 goodness in the mold of Panzer General. This promises to be a true classic!

Moderators: Slitherine Core, Panzer Corps Moderators, Panzer Corps Design

zappel
Master Sergeant - U-boat
Master Sergeant - U-boat

Re: Redeeming Your Steam Key

Post by zappel »

I got all my keys, installed the game again over Steam and had all DLC and expansions installed and activated in one single installation. Well done!
BiteNibbleChomp wrote:Still wondering if I should add it to steam...

Will I still be able to use GME and my mods through steam?

- BNC
I installed some MODs by using GME and it works (for now). I have the same question because one the MODs I use changes and adds new awards so I don't know if the achievments "get the highest german/italian/british/american award" will still work.
promytius1
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by promytius1 »

I have all of the Panzer Corps games, but when I tried to find the reg numbers there is only one for Afrika Corps, even though I have all mods - will that one number cover all the games?
pipfromslitherine
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by pipfromslitherine »

promytius1 wrote:I have all of the Panzer Corps games, but when I tried to find the reg numbers there is only one for Afrika Corps, even though I have all mods - will that one number cover all the games?
The simplest way to register all your serials is probably to just log into MP - it should automatically update your account with them all.

Cheers

Pip
follow me on Twitter here
promytius1
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by promytius1 »

I'm sorry, never been one for acronyms - please, what is "MP"? Thanks.
VPaulus
Slitherine
Slitherine

Post by VPaulus »

MP = Multiplayer
promytius1
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by promytius1 »

Thanks, I never would have gotten that one...
Well, turns out still not so easy for me; I purchased Panzer Corps in a store, then found your site then got some scenarios then got Afrika Corps from you; however, I have no idea where the box is for the original purchase. I had reason to reinstall the entire game set recently and did so through your website, but still I cannot register on STEAM because I do not possess the CORE GAME information. The game used to report the serial number - but when it upgraded to Afrika Corps, it shows only the AK serial number!
Any suggestions?
VPaulus
Slitherine
Slitherine

Post by VPaulus »

promytius1 wrote:Thanks, I never would have gotten that one...
Well, turns out still not so easy for me; I purchased Panzer Corps in a store, then found your site then got some scenarios then got Afrika Corps from you; however, I have no idea where the box is for the original purchase. I had reason to reinstall the entire game set recently and did so through your website, but still I cannot register on STEAM because I do not possess the CORE GAME information. The game used to report the serial number - but when it upgraded to Afrika Corps, it shows only the AK serial number!
Any suggestions?
Have you tried to register your Panzer Corps (the one you bought in a store) in your Slitherine account?

http://www.slitherine.com/register_serial.php
dirleawnger
Private First Class - Wehrmacht Inf
Private First Class - Wehrmacht Inf

Post by dirleawnger »

hi having trouble bought all mine through slitherine activeted panzer korps but cant find my serial for africa and add ons that i have installed i bought all from slitherine while ago can only find key for original game no key fro africa or others i have
Huffy
Private First Class - Opel Blitz
Private First Class - Opel Blitz

Post by Huffy »

Key worked great,...thank you...
Tarrak
Panzer Corps Moderator
Panzer Corps Moderator

Post by Tarrak »

dirleawnger wrote:hi having trouble bought all mine through slitherine activeted panzer korps but cant find my serial for africa and add ons that i have installed i bought all from slitherine while ago can only find key for original game no key fro africa or others i have
If you have the other addons currently installed you can log in into multiplayer and this should update all your serials. You don't need to play any multiplayer game. Just log in until you see the list of active games and you can log out again.
promytius1
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by promytius1 »

"If you have the other addons currently installed you can log in into multiplayer and this should update all your serials. You don't need to play any multiplayer game. Just log in until you see the list of active games and you can log out again."
What do you mean by login - with who, where, for what? There are two entities here, thanks. I've never tried multiplayer anywhere, so this login is not known to me at all.
Thanks.
promytius1
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by promytius1 »

I started Panzer Corps said play chose multiplayer and a box popped up and said serial registered. So I logged in and ran multiplayer but this did not happen: "until you see the list of active games and you can log out again" - that doesn't make sense to me, sorry. So did I do it right, and if so, why no serial numbers showed up?
Tarrak
Panzer Corps Moderator
Panzer Corps Moderator

Post by Tarrak »

Start the game. You should see the following picture:
Now press the button called "Multiplayer". After a while you should see the following picture:
Here you enter your account name. In my case it's Tarrak, well in your it should be promytius1. Then you enter your password and press "Login". You should see then the following screen:
Congratulations you are almost done now. You can press the close button to log out of multiplayer again. You can now close the game or just tab out of it and go to your web browser. Now just go to the Slitherine shop. If you aren't logged in there already do so and then press on "Resources" and then select "My Page" from the menu. On the new opened site you can check your registered serials using the "Manage Serials" button. Word of warning: Make sure you are on the Slitherine shop page and not on the forum page. Even if the forum look similar it does not have the "my page" menu.
promytius1
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by promytius1 »

multiscreen.jpg
multiscreen.jpg (43.75 KiB) Viewed 14440 times
Well that was very nice of you to take the screen shots - my game does not behave that way - as I already said, all I see is this - then I click ok and it returns to main screen, the one you showed first!
No name/password box, nothing.
Tarrak
Panzer Corps Moderator
Panzer Corps Moderator

Post by Tarrak »

When exactly do you get this message? Directly after you clicked on "Multiplayer" or is there anything before? I am afraid you may need to contact support(at)slitherine.co.uk, provide them your account data and let them have a look at it. The behavior is certainly not like intended.
promytius1
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by promytius1 »

directly. it is the only screen I see, other than the main screen. Appears when I click MULTIPLAYER. Like I said, I never ever tried multiplayer, so I don't know what else to do. I will contact support. Thanks for trying!
promytius1
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by promytius1 »

I managed to find the original box and DVD with the original serial number and STEAM REJECTED it. I did put a ticket into support, however, they told me they could do nothing until they spoke to someone else.
So not always easy, not always successful; very frustrating though, as the Steam service is a great gaming resource, and having programs registered there makes reinstalling and recovering from PC mishaps much less troubling. I hope someone can figure this out.
IainMcNeil
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by IainMcNeil »

You cannot register your serial on steam - please read the instructions at the top of the thread on how to get a steam key ;)
promytius1
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by promytius1 »

No that didn't work either; when I entered the serial number to get the Steam key it said I was already registered; but when I check my games it is not registered. So much for an "easy" process!
Thanks for the help. I sent in another ticket to see if someone in the "office" can figure this out! :)
Either way, this is still the best wargame ever.
promytius1
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by promytius1 »

Resolution: the problem was that I apparently had an older account along with my newer one; I registered the core program with the older address; once the support staff had figured that out, they quickly provided me with the means to properly register the core program, and I am downloading it now.
The support staff was very quick to reply and very polite, and I thank them all for their assistance. Great job!
Thanks for all the help offered here as well!

Return to “Panzer Corps”