Panzer Korps Grand campaign play order

PC : Turn based WW2 goodness in the mold of Panzer General. This promises to be a true classic!

Moderators: Slitherine Core, Panzer Corps Moderators, Panzer Corps Design

Imarion
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Panzer Korps Grand campaign play order

Post by Imarion » Thu May 14, 2015 2:14 pm

Hello,
I'm about to finish GC41. GC42 east follows, that is fine.

But then I wonder whether to play:
1) all the "east" campaigns, then the "west" ones.
2) play them "chronologically", as presented here (in the tree on the right) http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/f ... ideModal=1

What is your advice ?

Imarion

shawkhan2
Sergeant First Class - Panzer IIIL
Sergeant First Class - Panzer IIIL

Re: Panzer Korps Grand campaign play order

Post by shawkhan2 » Thu May 14, 2015 4:06 pm

Do both of course.
The West scenaros start out very small, so can be completed more quickly than the East ones.

proline
2nd Lieutenant - Panzer IVF/2

Post by proline » Thu May 14, 2015 8:10 pm

Imarion wrote:Hello,
I'm about to finish GC41. GC42 east follows, that is fine.

But then I wonder whether to play:
1) all the "east" campaigns, then the "west" ones.
2) play them "chronologically", as presented here (in the tree on the right) http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/f ... ideModal=1

What is your advice ?

Imarion
Keep in mind that you should probably not use the same core for grand campaign 42 East as you do for 42/43 West. They are totally different campaigns and you need to plan your core for each starting in 1939. East requires you to have a huge number of 2-3 star units of every possible class so that you can fight the big battles and get the right compositions for the smaller ones. East also requires that you start with 30k + in the bank. West requires you to have 8 super powerful units with as many heroes as you can, and to have 4 SE tanks. You need the SE tanks because they take all your money away for the west, and the prestige cap is absolutely crippling late game, meaning that you can't get money if you deploy too many valuable units. Fortunately, SE tanks aren't counted.

To put some numbers to it, I last started East with 64 units and 30k prestige, I last started West with 37 units and 12k prestige.

So to answer your question, do what your core favors. If you have no money, you need to go West for sure, because starting East without cash is pretty much hopeless. You'll get to Stalingrad, spend what's left of your money, and then not be able to buy any tigers in 43 and game over.

boredatwork
Staff Sergeant - Kavallerie
Staff Sergeant - Kavallerie

Post by boredatwork » Sat May 16, 2015 1:12 am

Not sure if Steam lets you edit the game files but I've combined east and west campaigns into a single campaign file and use a slightly larger core to do both simultaneously - one corps on the east, the other on the west, HQ reserves transferring between fronts as necessary, and occasionally reinforcing one front or the other to deal with big events (like doing both halves of Kursk simultaneously.)

Imarion
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by Imarion » Sat May 16, 2015 1:58 pm

Hello,
thanks for the infos.

I have just finished GC41 with around 18k prestige (excluding the bonus prestige I will get at start of the GC42 campaign).
I will probably continue my march to the east with the 1st GC42 and continue on then start the west ones.

I have around 66 units in my core. I have kept the basic SE units I were 1st give (the 2 infantries and 2 tanks).

Imario,

proline

Post by proline » Sun May 17, 2015 5:23 am

Imarion wrote:Hello,
thanks for the infos.

I have just finished GC41 with around 18k prestige (excluding the bonus prestige I will get at start of the GC42 campaign).
I will probably continue my march to the east with the 1st GC42 and continue on then start the west ones.

I have around 66 units in my core. I have kept the basic SE units I were 1st give (the 2 infantries and 2 tanks).

Imario,
That core sounds best suited to the East. Having 66 units will serve you well there, but it also means you won't get many 3 hero units if you go west.

Return to “Panzer Corps”