Operation Sealion Grand Campaign - Testers Needed!

PC : Turn based WW2 goodness in the mold of Panzer General. This promises to be a true classic!

Moderators: Slitherine Core, Panzer Corps Design, Panzer Corps Moderators

IainMcNeil
Site Admin
Site Admin

Operation Sealion Grand Campaign - Testers Needed!

Post by IainMcNeil »

Hi guys,

the first new content for Panzer Corps in over a year is finally ready for testing! We are looking for brave testers to join in and play this new content with a new designer.

The Sealion Campaign bolts in to the existing Grand Campaign so you can import your core force from the GC '40, but does not allow you to continue beyond the end of the campaign (as there is no timeline for you to join with the UK out of the war!).

This is a massive DLC with 30 missions so plenty to keep you playing. You can join the PC or iPad beta here:
http://www.slitherine.com/beta_test

To join the PC beta you need a copy of the game. To allow Steam users to participate we'll run the PC beta on via Steam. If you bought Panzer Corps from us you can redeem a steam key with your serial here:
http://www.slitherine.com/my_page/steam_serials

The iPad beta will run via testflight and be available around 1 week after the PC beta starts.

Please note this is an all new beta test and previous testers will need to reapply to join.
RVallant
Sergeant - 7.5 cm FK 16 nA
Sergeant - 7.5 cm FK 16 nA

Re: Operation Sealion Grand Campaign - Testers Needed!

Post by RVallant »

(copying from Steam)

Oh, nice. I'm just going through the GC again today with a more historical core and I'm at Sedan I think. I'd be interested in beta-testing this if I can get to the end of 40!

I'm curious though, does this mean that after Sealion there will be a new DLC continuing the war from the aftermath of that operation in the future? Would that be a new branching GC path in and of itself? Or will it go Sealion->East->lose the war anyway?

So glad to see the GC getting more love. :)
IainMcNeil
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by IainMcNeil »

At the moment there is no plan to continue from Sealion if you go down that path. It would require a modified GC with alternate history and starts to get very complicated!
BiteNibbleChomp
Lieutenant-General - Do 217E
Lieutenant-General - Do 217E

Post by BiteNibbleChomp »

Just wondering, does the Seelowe campaign assume the invasion happens in 1940 or 1941?

If 1940 you could probably just make a small edit to the campaign structure allowing you to access '41 East (and possibly '42, but no further) if you own that as well.

- BNC
Ryan O'Shea - Developer - Strategic Command American Civil War
Sadi
Private First Class - Opel Blitz
Private First Class - Opel Blitz

Post by Sadi »

Hey there - great news!

I am currently playing the GC as well, I am now somewhen in '42 (I guess I startet it for the 10th time or so :D). I absolutely loved PG and then PC. Bought the game (and all dlc's except allied corps) from your website and portet it to steam, later. I am mostly a forum lurcer, but I am following the game and the contents closely.

I love that there is new content and maybe additional changes to the game, so I would gladly take part in the beta test.

Greetings,

Sadi

PS. What does that mean for the "soviet corps" extension? Does it come as well or is it chancelled?
sn0wball
2nd Lieutenant - Elite Panzer IVF/2

Post by sn0wball »

This is great news ! And a reason to restart the GC and bring it up to GC40, in case my application is successful.
HalfLifeExpert
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by HalfLifeExpert »

Cool!!! I look forward to it!

A couple questions though.

I know there is a beta, but any general projections on release (july, aug, September etc)?

Will this be a free update to GC 40 or will it be a paid addon?
Longasc
Lieutenant Colonel - Panther D

Post by Longasc »

I have some GC 40 and other campaign end saves in a RAR file. The Sealion Grand Campaign Beta comes as a surprise to me.

Regardless if I will be in Beta or not, I am looking forward to it. :)
lordzimoa
Lordz Games Studio
Lordz Games Studio

Post by lordzimoa »

Soviet Corps is still in production, step by step one travels far...
r13exphantom
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA

Post by r13exphantom »

lordzimoa wrote:Soviet Corps is still in production, step by step one travels far...
Please consider Pacific Corps after Soviet Corps.
Last edited by r13exphantom on Sat Jun 20, 2015 2:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ruggs215
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by ruggs215 »

Will this DLC also fix problems with the ipad? Specifically the advanced options, or will there be a patch?

Also will the balance of the actual Grand Campaign be fixed since GC East is basically impossible under the new rules?
DeathMutant
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 232 8Rad

Post by DeathMutant »

r13exphantom wrote:
Have you checked-out "Order of Battle: Pacific?" It is, imo, better than Panzer Corps for recreating naval, amphibious landings and rugged island battles in the pacific theater.
DerLeiter
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by DerLeiter »

Can't wait to see Sealion. Though it's unfortunate it doesn't fit too well into the rest of the Campaign, I know having to revamp everything else and make trees for it would be a LOT of work.

Despite OOB:Pacific I know I for one would still like a Pacific Corps that's compatible with the rest of Panzer Corps. I'd really like to see Soviet Corps too, it just seems a Pacific Corps would add a lot more.

Love the game, keep it up!
KeldorKatarn

Post by KeldorKatarn »

Yay! :)
Panzer Corps - Dossier Tool - http://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=121&t=39151
YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC7x2bHqAwUGeaD93VpLbEgw
r13exphantom

Post by r13exphantom »

DeathMutant wrote:
r13exphantom wrote:
Have you checked-out "Order of Battle: Pacific?" It is, imo, better than Panzer Corps for recreating naval, amphibious landings and rugged island battles in the pacific theater.

Thank you. But I like PzC's 2D style, I hope battle from far east to pacific in PANZER CORPS.
sn0wball

Post by sn0wball »

I think a Sea Lion GC is a great idea. Successful Sea Lion and Britain defeated in general are pretty popular topics. There have been quite a few novels in recent years about this. Weaver by Stephen Baxter, Collaboraor by Murray Davies; also a few novels with the war lost for Britain without Sea Lion.
DeathMutant

Post by DeathMutant »

r13exphantom wrote:
DeathMutant wrote:
r13exphantom wrote:

Thank you. But I like PzC's 2D style, I hope battle from far east to pacific in PANZER CORPS.
Not trying to detrail a PzC thread but OoB:P has 2D counters too (early version, not production):
proline
2nd Lieutenant - Panzer IVF/2
2nd Lieutenant - Panzer IVF/2

Post by proline »

IainMcNeil wrote:The iPad beta will run via testflight and be available around 1 week after the PC beta starts.
Then why does it demand a UUID? TestFlight has no such requirements. This is an unnecessary violation of privacy.
Mark50
Sergeant First Class - Panzer IIIL
Sergeant First Class - Panzer IIIL

Post by Mark50 »

This is a massive DLC with 30 missions so plenty to keep you playing.
Are all 30 missions taking place in Britain? I`m wondering how you`ve managed to pack in all that fighting. Unless you`ve added missions for post war stabilization and reconstruction.
IainMcNeil wrote:At the moment there is no plan to continue from Sealion if you go down that path. It would require a modified GC with alternate history and starts to get very complicated!
Couldn`t you just skip or replace the Crete and Metaxas Line scenarios and also the choice for a western campaign starting with 1942? Unless I`m mistaking the two greek scenarios are the only ones containing british troops up to the end of the war if you take the eastern route. That`s for your argument about alternate history. The more valid problem would be game balance in my opinion since you have so many new scenarios in between.
nikivdd
Panzer Corps Map Designer
Panzer Corps Map Designer

Post by nikivdd »

Are all 30 missions taking place in Britain? I`m wondering how you`ve managed to pack in all that fighting. Unless you`ve added missions for post war stabilization and reconstruction.
I managed to pack all the fighting in a 30 mission campaign :twisted:
Couldn`t you just skip or replace the Crete and Metaxas Line scenarios and also the choice for a western campaign starting with 1942? Unless I`m mistaking the two greek scenarios are the only ones containing british troops up to the end of the war if you take the eastern route. That`s for your argument about alternate history. The more valid problem would be game balance in my opinion since you have so many new scenarios in between.
The campaign has been created this way that it fits well in terms of game balance. After the live version, i will post a file(s) that allows the Sea Lion army to continue at the Eastern Front.
https://www.facebook.com/NikivddPanzerCorps
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCk2lyeEuH_hoA1s7tnTAEJQ

Return to “Panzer Corps”