Sea Lion army core into DLC 43 East + Super Rudel

PC : Turn based WW2 goodness in the mold of Panzer General. This promises to be a true classic!

Moderators: Slitherine Core, Panzer Corps Moderators, Panzer Corps Design

Post Reply
nikivdd
Panzer Corps Map Designer
Panzer Corps Map Designer
Posts: 4139
Joined: Fri Jun 24, 2011 1:21 pm
Location: Belgium
Contact:

Sea Lion army core into DLC 43 East + Super Rudel

Post by nikivdd » Thu Oct 15, 2015 4:09 pm

Hello guys,

As promised i have tweaked the campaign file of DLC 43 East, so that your victorious army of Operation Sea Lion can continue at the Eastern Front.

Install:

Back-up !!! the campaign.pzdat file from /Slitherine/Panzer Corps/DLC/GC43East (non-steam version of Panzer Corps) or
Back-up !!! the campaign.pzdat file from /Steamlibrary/Steamapps/common/Panzer Corps/DLC/GC43East (steam version of Panzer Corps)
Extract the attachment from this post into the above directory and overwrite.
Then when you start DLC 43 East, you will be prompted to import your saved Sea Lion army core; this has been checked and verified before i made this post.

Note that the tweaked campaign.pzdat file will not allow to import your GC42East army core. You can always make this happen again by overwriting the campaign.pzdat file by the backed-up original file.
campaign.zip
Tweaked DLC43 East campaign.pzdat file
(1.2 KiB) Downloaded 201 times
I picked the Oxford scenario for the Super Rudel unit.

Install:

Back-up !!! the oxford.pzscn and oxford.pzloc files from /Slitherine/Panzer Corps/DLC/SeaLion/Data (non-steam version of Panzer Corps) or
Back-up !!! the oxford.pzscn and oxford.pzloc files from /Steamlibrary/Steamapps/common/Panzer Corps/DLC/SeaLion/Data (steam version of Panzer Corps)
Extract the attachment from this post into the above directory and overwrite.

Just like for Minsk41 from DLC 41, Rudel must be placed on the map and then in the second turn, the super Rudel should appear.
Oxford.zip
(9.41 KiB) Downloaded 175 times
Last edited by nikivdd on Thu Nov 05, 2015 5:26 pm, edited 2 times in total.
https://www.facebook.com/NikivddPanzerCorps/
https://www.youtube.com/user/Nikivdd1/videos?shelf_id=0&view=0&sort=dd

wargovichr
Sergeant - 7.5 cm FK 16 nA
Sergeant - 7.5 cm FK 16 nA
Posts: 229
Joined: Sun Mar 31, 2013 2:11 am

Re: Sea Lion saved army core continues in DLC 43 East

Post by wargovichr » Thu Oct 15, 2015 6:22 pm

Since "Sea Lion" is a counterfactual, an alternative to ultimate Axis victory in WWII, the first battle should include the reduction and capture of Dunkirk. As you know, cautious Hitler halted his Army on the outskirts of Dunkirk allowing hundreds of thousands of British and French troops to evacuate to Britain. This became the British home defence force that made invasion an excessively risky prospect.
Failing capture of Dunkirk, further counterfactual includes Sea Lion, then a ripple effect on the collapsing British Empire, perhaps with capture of North Africa, the Suez, the Middle East and oilfields, with a future alliance with Turkey, and bringing Hitler's Army to the southern Caucusus. A key point of strategy might have included having Japan NOT attack the US and focus on SE Asia with ultimate Japanese attack on India, perhaps, combined with a pincer attack from the ME by Germany.
Keeping the sleeping (economic) giants (US, Russia) quiet would have been key, though likely the US would have entered the war on the invasion of Britain. With no access to the European continent after the fall of the British Isles, the US would have been effectively neutralized, particularly after control of the Atlantic by Germany submarine and air patrol.
Only THEN, after the fall of the British empire, the capture and closure of the Mediterranean, the control of ME oil, and capitulation of the the British in India would plans be made for a successful simultaneous attack on Russia, from the west by Germany, and from the east by Japan.
It would be nice if game designers include more of these counterfactual possibilities into the existing game, perhaps coordinated with Afrika Korps (more reinforcement, troops supplies, add Japanese forces to India sceario, etc).
Your enabling victorious Battle of Britain German forces to be imported to Russia DLC East '43 is a start. We've been through the standard historical path in the DLCs. "What if" is the greater interest now. Consider a "Barbarossa '43" scenario or failing that perhaps a few battles leading up to Moscow '43.
This entire project would be called an Axis "Mediterranean strategy," and would not include attack on Russia until '42 or '43. And dangerous as that was in '41, a delayed attack would be more dangerous (or less if Germans are at the southern Caucusus and/or Japan captures the East) in a mobilized Russia in later years, but certainly it would have happened, as the destruction of Russia was Hitler's 'ground of being.'

tenshin111
Sergeant - 7.5 cm FK 16 nA
Sergeant - 7.5 cm FK 16 nA
Posts: 239
Joined: Sun Aug 23, 2015 2:23 pm

Re: Sea Lion saved army core continues in DLC 43 East

Post by tenshin111 » Tue Oct 20, 2015 8:57 am

wargovichr wrote: It would be nice if game designers include more of these counterfactual possibilities into the existing game, perhaps coordinated with Afrika Korps (more reinforcement, troops supplies, add Japanese forces to India sceario, etc).
Your enabling victorious Battle of Britain German forces to be imported to Russia DLC East '43 is a start. We've been through the standard historical path in the DLCs. "What if" is the greater interest now. Consider a "Barbarossa '43" scenario or failing that perhaps a few battles leading up to Moscow '43.
I would love to see "Barbarossa reversed" campaign where the Soviets invade in 1942 and the Germans need to be on defensive for a while before they can push east and capture not only Moscow but also the Soviet's industrial heartland in the Ural mountains :D

nikivdd
Panzer Corps Map Designer
Panzer Corps Map Designer
Posts: 4139
Joined: Fri Jun 24, 2011 1:21 pm
Location: Belgium
Contact:

Re: Sea Lion army core into DLC 43 East + Super Rudel

Post by nikivdd » Thu Nov 05, 2015 5:25 pm

I posted a "super Rudel" patch in the first post of this thread.
Just like for Minsk41 from DLC 41, Rudel must be placed on the map and then in the second turn, the super Rudel should appear.

I would appreciate a confirmation that it works (or not).
https://www.facebook.com/NikivddPanzerCorps/
https://www.youtube.com/user/Nikivdd1/videos?shelf_id=0&view=0&sort=dd

Magic1111
2nd Lieutenant - Elite Panzer IVF/2
2nd Lieutenant - Elite Panzer IVF/2
Posts: 716
Joined: Mon Feb 25, 2013 8:11 pm
Location: Germany
Contact:

Re: Sea Lion army core into DLC 43 East + Super Rudel

Post by Magic1111 » Fri Nov 06, 2015 12:22 pm

nikivdd wrote:I posted a "super Rudel" patch in the first post of this thread.
Just like for Minsk41 from DLC 41, Rudel must be placed on the map and then in the second turn, the super Rudel should appear.

I would appreciate a confirmation that it works (or not).
Ah, here is the Patch!

Thx Nico! :D

nikivdd
Panzer Corps Map Designer
Panzer Corps Map Designer
Posts: 4139
Joined: Fri Jun 24, 2011 1:21 pm
Location: Belgium
Contact:

Re: Sea Lion army core into DLC 43 East + Super Rudel

Post by nikivdd » Sun Nov 08, 2015 5:03 pm

The appearance of Super Rudel is working as intended. (just download the patch from the first post of this thread). I also hope this will be included in a future patch of the game.
Sea Lion01.png
Sea Lion01.png (253.81 KiB) Viewed 6712 times
https://www.facebook.com/NikivddPanzerCorps/
https://www.youtube.com/user/Nikivdd1/videos?shelf_id=0&view=0&sort=dd

ptje63
Sergeant First Class - Panzer IIIL
Sergeant First Class - Panzer IIIL
Posts: 377
Joined: Fri Sep 26, 2014 2:57 pm
Location: The Netherlands
Contact:

Re: Sea Lion saved army core continues in DLC 43 East

Post by ptje63 » Wed Nov 11, 2015 10:12 am

wargovichr wrote:Since "Sea Lion" is a counterfactual, an alternative to ultimate Axis victory in WWII, the first battle should include the reduction and capture of Dunkirk. As you know, cautious Hitler halted his Army on the outskirts of Dunkirk allowing hundreds of thousands of British and French troops to evacuate to Britain. This became the British home defence force that made invasion an excessively risky prospect.
Failing capture of Dunkirk, further counterfactual includes Sea Lion, then a ripple effect on the collapsing British Empire, perhaps with capture of North Africa, the Suez, the Middle East and oilfields, with a future alliance with Turkey, and bringing Hitler's Army to the southern Caucusus. A key point of strategy might have included having Japan NOT attack the US and focus on SE Asia with ultimate Japanese attack on India, perhaps, combined with a pincer attack from the ME by Germany.
Keeping the sleeping (economic) giants (US, Russia) quiet would have been key, though likely the US would have entered the war on the invasion of Britain. With no access to the European continent after the fall of the British Isles, the US would have been effectively neutralized, particularly after control of the Atlantic by Germany submarine and air patrol.
Only THEN, after the fall of the British empire, the capture and closure of the Mediterranean, the control of ME oil, and capitulation of the the British in India would plans be made for a successful simultaneous attack on Russia, from the west by Germany, and from the east by Japan.
It would be nice if game designers include more of these counterfactual possibilities into the existing game, perhaps coordinated with Afrika Korps (more reinforcement, troops supplies, add Japanese forces to India sceario, etc).
Your enabling victorious Battle of Britain German forces to be imported to Russia DLC East '43 is a start. We've been through the standard historical path in the DLCs. "What if" is the greater interest now. Consider a "Barbarossa '43" scenario or failing that perhaps a few battles leading up to Moscow '43.
This entire project would be called an Axis "Mediterranean strategy," and would not include attack on Russia until '42 or '43. And dangerous as that was in '41, a delayed attack would be more dangerous (or less if Germans are at the southern Caucusus and/or Japan captures the East) in a mobilized Russia in later years, but certainly it would have happened, as the destruction of Russia was Hitler's 'ground of being.'
Yes - agree on this view :)
One could add choice if and when Russia would respond to German African and subsequent Middle-East conquests. If the latter would happen, I am sure Russia would be aware of danger in the Caucasus, so preampt attack from Russia in direction of Iraq. That would mean German forces facing British and Russian forces at the same time.
Only question on how to develop weaponry on both sides. Upgrades (and shift) from, say, Pz.III's to IV's, was affected by battlefield experiences (or -shock ;-) ) as well as neglect / overconfidence (on both sides). With a change of date of attack by the Germans, the need for upgrades would change as well. Perhaps stick with same weaponry, but upgrades later on, but faster?

Uhu
Lieutenant Colonel - Fw 190A
Lieutenant Colonel - Fw 190A
Posts: 1148
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2011 9:16 pm
Location: Hungary

Re: Sea Lion saved army core continues in DLC 43 East

Post by Uhu » Sun Nov 15, 2015 12:45 am

You can make all of this (at least the European and North African theater) in the genial Battlefield Europe mod!
http://slitherine.com/forum/viewtopic.p ... &start=520
wargovichr wrote:Since "Sea Lion" is a counterfactual, an alternative to ultimate Axis victory in WWII, the first battle should include the reduction and capture of Dunkirk. As you know, cautious Hitler halted his Army on the outskirts of Dunkirk allowing hundreds of thousands of British and French troops to evacuate to Britain. This became the British home defence force that made invasion an excessively risky prospect.
Failing capture of Dunkirk, further counterfactual includes Sea Lion, then a ripple effect on the collapsing British Empire, perhaps with capture of North Africa, the Suez, the Middle East and oilfields, with a future alliance with Turkey, and bringing Hitler's Army to the southern Caucusus. A key point of strategy might have included having Japan NOT attack the US and focus on SE Asia with ultimate Japanese attack on India, perhaps, combined with a pincer attack from the ME by Germany.
Keeping the sleeping (economic) giants (US, Russia) quiet would have been key, though likely the US would have entered the war on the invasion of Britain. With no access to the European continent after the fall of the British Isles, the US would have been effectively neutralized, particularly after control of the Atlantic by Germany submarine and air patrol.
Only THEN, after the fall of the British empire, the capture and closure of the Mediterranean, the control of ME oil, and capitulation of the the British in India would plans be made for a successful simultaneous attack on Russia, from the west by Germany, and from the east by Japan.
It would be nice if game designers include more of these counterfactual possibilities into the existing game, perhaps coordinated with Afrika Korps (more reinforcement, troops supplies, add Japanese forces to India sceario, etc).
Your enabling victorious Battle of Britain German forces to be imported to Russia DLC East '43 is a start. We've been through the standard historical path in the DLCs. "What if" is the greater interest now. Consider a "Barbarossa '43" scenario or failing that perhaps a few battles leading up to Moscow '43.
This entire project would be called an Axis "Mediterranean strategy," and would not include attack on Russia until '42 or '43. And dangerous as that was in '41, a delayed attack would be more dangerous (or less if Germans are at the southern Caucusus and/or Japan captures the East) in a mobilized Russia in later years, but certainly it would have happened, as the destruction of Russia was Hitler's 'ground of being.'
Image
Image

TerribleTy
Private First Class - Wehrmacht Inf
Private First Class - Wehrmacht Inf
Posts: 7
Joined: Wed Sep 10, 2014 6:11 am

Re: Sea Lion army core into DLC 43 East + Super Rudel

Post by TerribleTy » Wed Nov 18, 2015 4:14 am

Where can I download for my iPad?
There are no bad soldiers, only bad generals.
- Saying attributed to Napoleon

tenshin111
Sergeant - 7.5 cm FK 16 nA
Sergeant - 7.5 cm FK 16 nA
Posts: 239
Joined: Sun Aug 23, 2015 2:23 pm

Re: Sea Lion army core into DLC 43 East + Super Rudel

Post by tenshin111 » Fri Nov 20, 2015 10:09 am

TerribleTy wrote:Where can I download for my iPad?
This is for PC version only. You can't download arbitrary files or manipulate the file system on iOS devices.

rayduhz
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint
Posts: 70
Joined: Sun Dec 19, 2010 6:54 am

Re: Sea Lion army core into DLC 43 East + Super Rudel

Post by rayduhz » Tue Feb 23, 2016 7:05 pm

Sorry to bring up a necro thread......

I installed the new Oxford scenario but can not trigger the new Rudel. I have played past that scenario, but I always save the game from the deployment screens. Basically the begining of each map. I went back to the scenario, gone through multiple turns with Rudel on the screen, but it does not trigger the upgraded Rudel. Any ideas?

nikivdd
Panzer Corps Map Designer
Panzer Corps Map Designer
Posts: 4139
Joined: Fri Jun 24, 2011 1:21 pm
Location: Belgium
Contact:

Re: Sea Lion army core into DLC 43 East + Super Rudel

Post by nikivdd » Tue Feb 23, 2016 7:20 pm

rayduhz wrote:Sorry to bring up a necro thread......

I installed the new Oxford scenario but can not trigger the new Rudel. I have played past that scenario, but I always save the game from the deployment screens. Basically the begining of each map. I went back to the scenario, gone through multiple turns with Rudel on the screen, but it does not trigger the upgraded Rudel. Any ideas?
Your savegame from the deployment phase of the "old" Oxford scenario won't work. You must load a savegame of the previous scenario and then after that mission, the game will continue with the "new" Oxford scenario.
https://www.facebook.com/NikivddPanzerCorps/
https://www.youtube.com/user/Nikivdd1/videos?shelf_id=0&view=0&sort=dd

rayduhz
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint
Posts: 70
Joined: Sun Dec 19, 2010 6:54 am

Re: Sea Lion army core into DLC 43 East + Super Rudel

Post by rayduhz » Tue Feb 23, 2016 7:27 pm

sounds good. Thank you!

JosephM
Slitherine
Slitherine
Posts: 232
Joined: Tue Mar 18, 2014 10:17 am

Re: Sea Lion army core into DLC 43 East + Super Rudel

Post by JosephM » Mon May 23, 2016 2:24 pm

Sorry, editing the Campaign file as a .zip instead. For those who are unsure of what a .rar file is, it is another file compression extension, but there is not a default program on Windows to open these. I use 7Zip which is a free open-source extractor, which deals with a number of file formats

naes
Private First Class - Opel Blitz
Private First Class - Opel Blitz
Posts: 1
Joined: Mon Sep 12, 2016 3:25 pm

Re: Sea Lion army core into DLC 43 East + Super Rudel

Post by naes » Mon Sep 12, 2016 4:20 pm

I see its not for IOS systems but will it work with steam version?

JosephM
Slitherine
Slitherine
Posts: 232
Joined: Tue Mar 18, 2014 10:17 am

Re: Sea Lion army core into DLC 43 East + Super Rudel

Post by JosephM » Tue Sep 13, 2016 5:20 pm

Hello Naes,

Yes, the Steam version works in the same way, so you just need to overwrite the Campaigns file in the Steam version. For iOS, unfortunately this is not possible, as Apple restrict you from seeing the file structure so you cannot replace files. I'm sorry for this.

Post Reply

Return to “Panzer Corps”