After Soviet Corps?

PC : Turn based WW2 goodness in the mold of Panzer General. This promises to be a true classic!

Moderators: Slitherine Core, Panzer Corps Design, Panzer Corps Moderators

Shrike
Staff Sergeant - StuG IIIF
Staff Sergeant - StuG IIIF
Posts: 295
Joined: Mon Jul 25, 2011 8:44 pm
Location: Belgium

Re: After Soviet Corps?

Post by Shrike » Fri Jan 22, 2016 10:32 am

Order of battle allows you to play as either the Japanese or USA. No idea about that upcoming expansion.

BiteNibbleChomp
Lieutenant-General - Do 217E
Lieutenant-General - Do 217E
Posts: 3229
Joined: Mon Jul 01, 2013 6:35 am

Re: After Soviet Corps?

Post by BiteNibbleChomp » Fri Jan 22, 2016 11:18 am

Shrike wrote:Order of battle allows you to play as either the Japanese or USA. No idea about that upcoming expansion.
Only Japs in Morning Sun

- BNC
Creator of American Civil War mod for Strategic Command WWI!
Discuss here: http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=4504986
Download: http://www.mediafire.com/file/tj4t11z3ttl142w/SCACW.zip/file

rayduhz
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint
Posts: 70
Joined: Sun Dec 19, 2010 6:54 am

Re: After Soviet Corps?

Post by rayduhz » Fri Jan 22, 2016 5:15 pm

Cant wait for SC.
W
ould LOVE to see some "alternative" scenarios for the PC version. Similar to PG, where defeat/minor/major victories can progress to other alternative scenarios. Like winning in NA, Moscow 43/43, Sealion 45, etc.

wargovichr
Sergeant - 7.5 cm FK 16 nA
Sergeant - 7.5 cm FK 16 nA
Posts: 229
Joined: Sun Mar 31, 2013 2:11 am

Re: After Soviet Corps?

Post by wargovichr » Fri Jan 22, 2016 9:39 pm

Of course, an Allied Corps DLC series should follow, then one for Soviet Corps.

I made the suggestion previously, which is, once a year, perhaps with a patch (which as usual may include additional units, heroes, etc.) is add in one extra battle that can insert itself into the DLC campaign pathway. This way the game lives on, keeps attention (and sales!) and adds intriguing outcomes on a repeat play through. Or maybe a change in orders and objectives for an existing battle!

BiteNibbleChomp
Lieutenant-General - Do 217E
Lieutenant-General - Do 217E
Posts: 3229
Joined: Mon Jul 01, 2013 6:35 am

Re: After Soviet Corps?

Post by BiteNibbleChomp » Fri Jan 22, 2016 10:07 pm

rayduhz wrote:Cant wait for SC.
W
ould LOVE to see some "alternative" scenarios for the PC version. Similar to PG, where defeat/minor/major victories can progress to other alternative scenarios. Like winning in NA, Moscow 43/43, Sealion 45, etc.
PC already has lots of those!? Sealion, Rush to Moscow, Moscow 43, USA...

- BNC
Creator of American Civil War mod for Strategic Command WWI!
Discuss here: http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=4504986
Download: http://www.mediafire.com/file/tj4t11z3ttl142w/SCACW.zip/file

rayduhz
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint
Posts: 70
Joined: Sun Dec 19, 2010 6:54 am

Re: After Soviet Corps?

Post by rayduhz » Fri Jan 22, 2016 11:36 pm

BiteNibbleChomp wrote:
rayduhz wrote:Cant wait for SC.
W
ould LOVE to see some "alternative" scenarios for the PC version. Similar to PG, where defeat/minor/major victories can progress to other alternative scenarios. Like winning in NA, Moscow 43/43, Sealion 45, etc.
PC already has lots of those!? Sealion, Rush to Moscow, Moscow 43, USA...

- BNC
Not using the Mega Campaign additions...

BiteNibbleChomp
Lieutenant-General - Do 217E
Lieutenant-General - Do 217E
Posts: 3229
Joined: Mon Jul 01, 2013 6:35 am

Re: After Soviet Corps?

Post by BiteNibbleChomp » Sat Jan 23, 2016 3:07 am

?

Those scenarios are in the regular Wehrmacht campaign.

- BNC
Creator of American Civil War mod for Strategic Command WWI!
Discuss here: http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=4504986
Download: http://www.mediafire.com/file/tj4t11z3ttl142w/SCACW.zip/file

rayduhz
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint
Posts: 70
Joined: Sun Dec 19, 2010 6:54 am

Re: After Soviet Corps?

Post by rayduhz » Sat Jan 23, 2016 9:42 pm

Let me rephrase this.

Adding the alternate scenarios in the vanilla Wehrmacht campain into the extended grand campaigns tree. Not just the individual scenario, but extended scenario that encompasses the entire alternate campaign. For example:

39 Grand Campaign
_______DV
40 Grand Campaign
_______DV
41 Russia Grand Campaign OR 41 North Africa Grand Campaign
_________DV_____________________________DV
42 Russian Grand Campian________42 North Africa/Middle East Grand Campaign
_________DV_________________________________DV
42 Sealion Grand Campaign_______43 Russia Grand Campaign
_________DV____________________________DV
45 US Grand Campaign__________44 Moscow Grand Campaign
________END____________________________DV
______________________________46 US Grand Campaign

Of course minor victories and/or defeats change the options. That is just a rough breakdown. The difference is the amount of scenarios PER grand campaign. Exactly like Mega Campaigns. So not just one or two scenarios, put 10 scenarios per grand campaign.

truth80
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint
Posts: 52
Joined: Fri Apr 24, 2015 10:55 am

Re: After Soviet Corps?

Post by truth80 » Mon Jan 25, 2016 3:14 pm

I would be glad to see some alternative campaigns after SC:

- Axis total victory Eastern Front (defeating Moscow and Russian key cities, battles afterwards)
- Axis total victory Western Front (after Sealion, siege on USA West Coast)
- Spanish war 36-39

goose_2
Tournament Organizer of the Year 2017
Tournament Organizer of the Year 2017
Posts: 2724
Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2014 5:22 am
Location: Winterset, Iowa
Contact:

Re: After Soviet Corps?

Post by goose_2 » Mon Jan 25, 2016 3:32 pm

truth80 wrote:I would be glad to see some alternative campaigns after SC:

- Axis total victory Eastern Front (defeating Moscow and Russian key cities, battles afterwards)
- Axis total victory Western Front (after Sealion, siege on USA West Coast)
- Spanish war 36-39

+1
goose_2
Lutheran Multiplayer Tournament Organizer. :-)

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCRHQShaOv5PWoer6cP1syLQ

piotrekxg
Lance Corporal - SdKfz 222
Lance Corporal - SdKfz 222
Posts: 22
Joined: Sat Jan 26, 2013 7:41 pm

Re: After Soviet Corps?

Post by piotrekxg » Fri Feb 05, 2016 8:05 pm

Why not UK Corps DLC? It could go like this:
- Norway;
- France 1940 - at least several scenarios;
- Battle of Britain (only air units - that could be interesting- and the other one a what if scenario - Nazi landing);
- optional: Greece, Crete;
- African Campaign from UK perspective;
- Italy;
- Normandy
- France and Low Countries 1944
- Germany 1945
- what if scenarios 1945 liberating Central Europe?

PantheraTigris
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Posts: 38
Joined: Mon Aug 31, 2015 10:44 am

Re: After Soviet Corps?

Post by PantheraTigris » Mon Feb 22, 2016 7:18 pm

b52pilot1 wrote:I am very excited about the upcoming Soviet Corps...but it makes me wonder what is next? I'd prefer a Panzer Corps game set in the Pacific Theater with the Allies against the Empire of Japan.

I've played Order of Battle: Pacific, but it just isn't as good as the Panzer Corps game engine.

Are there plans for life after Soviet Corps?
I second this. I too have both PC and OOB:P and I find PC much more enjoyable so far. I do not yet have Operation Sea Lion or Soviet Corps, but I have Afrika Corps and Allied Corps. I haven't gotten around to playing them yet because I'm still on the main PC campaign.

RVallant
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 232 8Rad
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 232 8Rad
Posts: 155
Joined: Tue Jun 16, 2015 10:12 am

Re: After Soviet Corps?

Post by RVallant » Thu Feb 25, 2016 1:28 am

piotrekxg wrote:Why not UK Corps DLC? It could go like this:
- Norway;
- France 1940 - at least several scenarios;
- Battle of Britain (only air units - that could be interesting- and the other one a what if scenario - Nazi landing);
- optional: Greece, Crete;
- African Campaign from UK perspective;
- Italy;
- Normandy
- France and Low Countries 1944
- Germany 1945
- what if scenarios 1945 liberating Central Europe?
That's already been nixed in favour of US Corps iirc.

Personally, if I had the resources and time I'd do a proper 'Allied Corps' starting in Poland. Though it would be extremely limited in terms of what units you could recruit.

Basically my idea was, you would be 'handwaved' in as an exceptional Commander talent (think X-Com) and would be assigned an attachment of Allied forces. - This would get around the chain of command in some sort of sense, but then we can't be strictly realistic here due to the nature of it.

I'd open the fighting with the Battle of Mokra (1st Sept) which I *think* is counted as a Polish victory, so it would be possible for the player to have a 'win' scenario that early on.

The second battle would see the player shifted quickly to Westerplatte (1st Sept-7th Sept) and would be a no-win scenario, I'd argue it was a phyrric victory for the Germans to be honest, but the reason I switch to Westerplatte is if I'm correct it is a naval area, which would allow the forces to be evacuated out of Poland and allow us to basically switch to the next missions over in Norway.

But as I said, would require a lot of time, research and whatnot. =x

captainjack
Sr. Colonel - Battleship
Sr. Colonel - Battleship
Posts: 1660
Joined: Thu Sep 13, 2012 7:42 am

Re: After Soviet Corps?

Post by captainjack » Thu Feb 25, 2016 3:43 am

It wouldn't be too much of a stretch to send them to Norway, then France then retreat to Britain through Dunkirk and then fight in Africa and Europe. I'm still learning about modding but now have a workable Allied Corps that uses French units (up to Tunisia), and a Polish forces version shouldn't be any more difficult. To be fair, if I was intending public use I would need to fix the anomalies and minor errors, but even then the challenge is mostly a bit of editing rather than any technical difficulty.

You can have wins for a number of reasons: eg delaying an attack by so long; ensuring a particular unit or units get somewhere; counter attacking to recover a town or other objective; destroy at least this many enemy units (maybe of a particular type); destroy this or that structure. These could all allow for the Polish defenders to show their skills and bravery.

Incidentally, Halibutt had some nice variants on the TKS tankettes - one with 20mm cannon, and another variant with a 37mm AT gun. You'd probably have to give up your TKS during the travels outside Poland, but on the positive side you could use French chenilletes (there's some icons around), and later upgrade (?) the crews to Daimler Dingos!

RVallant
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 232 8Rad
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 232 8Rad
Posts: 155
Joined: Tue Jun 16, 2015 10:12 am

Re: After Soviet Corps?

Post by RVallant » Thu Feb 25, 2016 5:49 am

captainjack wrote:It wouldn't be too much of a stretch to send them to Norway, then France then retreat to Britain through Dunkirk and then fight in Africa and Europe. I'm still learning about modding but now have a workable Allied Corps that uses French units (up to Tunisia), and a Polish forces version shouldn't be any more difficult. To be fair, if I was intending public use I would need to fix the anomalies and minor errors, but even then the challenge is mostly a bit of editing rather than any technical difficulty.

You can have wins for a number of reasons: eg delaying an attack by so long; ensuring a particular unit or units get somewhere; counter attacking to recover a town or other objective; destroy at least this many enemy units (maybe of a particular type); destroy this or that structure. These could all allow for the Polish defenders to show their skills and bravery.

Incidentally, Halibutt had some nice variants on the TKS tankettes - one with 20mm cannon, and another variant with a 37mm AT gun. You'd probably have to give up your TKS during the travels outside Poland, but on the positive side you could use French chenilletes (there's some icons around), and later upgrade (?) the crews to Daimler Dingos!
Oh I agree about the wins, I meant historical victory scenarios. Mokra for example, I was surprised to read was the first German attack and the first defeat of the war! But there we are.

My thoughts were like, if it started in Poland the player would be restricted to a core of 2-3 units, using heavy Aux units that early on, so they don't end up wasting their core. And the core would be composed of Polish Infantry and Polish Fighter planes. That way it wouldn't be too much of an issue to mess around with the tech tree - Polish Infantry can be modified if needed to scale in line with later British Infantry, while the Polish planes should be upgradable to Polish versions of the Spitfire and Hurricanes to represent the Polish Volunteer Air Troopers.

IIRC, that would get around the problem of not allowing nation units to cross-upgrade - Last I played Allied Corps this was a pet peeve of mine as the British and Americans shared some variants of tanks but weren't allowed to cross-over if an upgrade became possible in only one tree. Not sure if that was an oversight or not.

A similar principle would apply in Norway for example, where although British troops would become available, I'd like to include Norway's infantry as an optional recruitment possibility. The idea being that by 1945 you could conceivably end up with a very mixed group units from the various allies. Of course... Infantry isn't particularly popular anyway(!) but it's a flavour thing I guess.

MarcosMalo
Lance Corporal - SdKfz 222
Lance Corporal - SdKfz 222
Posts: 23
Joined: Wed Aug 07, 2013 8:41 pm

Re: After Soviet Corps?

Post by MarcosMalo » Thu Feb 25, 2016 9:38 pm

Naxor wrote:I would love to see cold war corps.
Korea Corps? I think that would still retain much of the flavor of the original game. Iirc, (source: M.A.S.H.) use of choppers was mostly limited to medevac, so wouldn't apply to the game. Other than that, it was conventional war. And we have the precedent of paratroopers, so air mobility of troops wouldn't be beyond the pale.

If you're interested in the Vietnam conflict, I've been playing Vietnam 65 on my iPad. I don't know if it's available for other platforms, but I'm enjoying it.

Ebusitanus
Private First Class - Wehrmacht Inf
Private First Class - Wehrmacht Inf
Posts: 9
Joined: Tue Feb 23, 2016 3:30 pm

Re: After Soviet Corps?

Post by Ebusitanus » Fri Feb 26, 2016 4:38 pm

I would think that it would have been great if the Grand Campaign scenarios would also have added some what-if ultimate axis victory maps aside of those (or these same ones) from the wehrmacht campaign.

I also would have loved to have seen some Spanish Civil war scenarios

goose_2
Tournament Organizer of the Year 2017
Tournament Organizer of the Year 2017
Posts: 2724
Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2014 5:22 am
Location: Winterset, Iowa
Contact:

Re: After Soviet Corps?

Post by goose_2 » Fri Feb 26, 2016 5:24 pm

Ebusitanus wrote:
I also would have loved to have seen some Spanish Civil war scenarios

+1

Love love love early war stuff
goose_2
Lutheran Multiplayer Tournament Organizer. :-)

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCRHQShaOv5PWoer6cP1syLQ

Waltero
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 232 8Rad
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 232 8Rad
Posts: 159
Joined: Tue Oct 06, 2015 11:44 pm

Re: After Soviet Corps?

Post by Waltero » Fri Feb 26, 2016 7:39 pm

I honestly try to play against the AI (campaigns/scenario), But I get bored...just can't do it.
Multiplayer, plays so different. So why bother playing against the AI (other than for the story)?
To each his own :? In reality you are playing a game against the Computer programmer...similar to playing solitaire, you can cheat, and even call your own shots (manipulate the results)...I see no fun in that.

I think PC has more than it's share of campaign games...enough with em already.
Please come out with a multiplayer campaign. It is doable...get er done!

spartan18a
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Posts: 31
Joined: Wed Dec 28, 2011 2:26 pm
Location: Spain

Re: After Soviet Corps?

Post by spartan18a » Sun Feb 28, 2016 6:10 pm

Pacific Corps is a MUST!!!!

Post Reply

Return to “Panzer Corps”