Operation Sealion

PC : Turn based WW2 goodness in the mold of Panzer General. This promises to be a true classic!

Moderators: Slitherine Core, Panzer Corps Design, Panzer Corps Moderators

KlaiggeB
Lance Corporal - SdKfz 222
Lance Corporal - SdKfz 222

Operation Sealion

Post by KlaiggeB »

I'm at the scenario where you must take all 3 train stations at Reading.

I take all 3, NEVER lose them, get congratulated and received the bonus prestige.

I destroy the HQ...and I STILL get the LOSS screen at the end of turn 30 with the message that says I under estimated the importance of the train stations.

I'm at a loss of what to do.

Help!
ThvN
Panzer Corps Moderator
Panzer Corps Moderator

Re: Operation Sealion

Post by ThvN »

Hello KlaiggeB, when you say you have taken the train stations, did they change flags and did you get a message each time one was converted? The hangars must switch sides by moving several units next to them, and survive the scenario. Did that work for you?

The message you mention with the congratulations and the bonus prestige is for repairing the bridges, if you capture a train station it simply says 'Train station captured' each time.
lav72
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA

Re: Operation Sealion

Post by lav72 »

Hello,

I completed this scenario a couple of weeks ago but there could be another objective on top of capturing the train stations and destroying HQ.

I remember repairing two rail bridges near the three train stations that you have to capture. There are two hexes marked on the map with a letter (A or B or both). An engineer is given to you within the first few turns and I remember putting this guy on the hex that is marked on the map with said letters. The bridge is repaired on the next turn.

That could be the reason why you're getting a loss at the end of this scenario... just a thought.

Either that or the train stations you captured are destroyed by the enemy on later turns. I remember the enemy aggressively attacking them after they were captured.

Anyhow, I obtained a decisive victory by repairing the two rail bridges, capturing the three train stations (and not allowing them to be destroyed) and destroying the enemy's HQs.

Lav

Return to “Panzer Corps”