Am I screwed?

PC : Turn based WW2 goodness in the mold of Panzer General. This promises to be a true classic!

Moderators: Slitherine Core, Panzer Corps Design, Panzer Corps Moderators

ptje63
Sergeant First Class - Panzer IIIL

Re: Am I screwed?

Post by ptje63 » Sun Apr 24, 2016 10:51 am

Dont make wide detours. Go straight for your goals and cover your flanks. Inf in cities. Tanks in open field OR with sufficient arty. RECON!!! ;-)

captainjack
Sr. Colonel - Battleship
Sr. Colonel - Battleship

Post by captainjack » Sun Apr 24, 2016 8:47 pm

Stalingrad - defensive artillery and good spotting.
Kerscher with an extra spotting hero for range 5 made things easier than usual last time round, but good use of units with spotting heroes is important even then.

Defensive artillery - Stug, towed nebelwerfer and towed 105s. They have good rate of fire 110% for Stug and 100% for the others. This means while they don't kill much they suppress more. Against conscripts (with 15 attacks against your close defence this matters). They also have decent ammo stocks (the 21cm nebelwerfer is getting a bit marginal with 5). Defensive artillery needs to work when needed - your Wurfrahmen with four shots is brilliant but won't help against the fifth or sixth attack which will wipe out your unit. In Stalingrad, you can expect a lot of attacks from four or five hexes away (which is where 5 spotting Kerscher was particularly good).

After a few turns, you should have cleared enough enemy aircraft so your aircraft can do the job of attacking artillery provided you have spotted the AA guns so you can either avoid them or send ground troops to take them out.

And finally, I formed distinct battlegroups and gave them objectives (complete with intermediate targets) and tried to stick with them. It looked a bit slow at first, but I ended up getting a DV without too much stress. Good luck!

NotOneStepBack
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by NotOneStepBack » Tue Apr 26, 2016 3:09 am

Yeah, got through storming stalingrad, but lost my captured KV-1. Artillery, inching through the city and keep tanks in streets is the only way to go.

These scenarios are just a slog. Looking forward to '43.

NotOneStepBack
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by NotOneStepBack » Sun May 01, 2016 8:37 pm

Made it to Stalingrad Ruins, 31.1k prestige after replacements and upgrades to FW-190's. Been a while since I updated, work had me pre-occupied for a little bit. Almost back to '43!

This scenario isn't so bad at least, only shooting for MV and getting the heck out of Stalingrad.

NotOneStepBack
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by NotOneStepBack » Thu May 05, 2016 2:01 am

Finally made it back to '43 Campaign! I have 5 SE Tiger Tanks and 27k Prestige after upgrades. Forward to the end now! :)

Going blind from here on out.

Stephen1024
Staff Sergeant - Kavallerie
Staff Sergeant - Kavallerie

Post by Stephen1024 » Thu May 05, 2016 7:14 am

Good Luck and enjoy!

ptje63

Post by ptje63 » Sat May 07, 2016 9:10 am

NotOneStepBack wrote:Finally made it back to '43 Campaign! I have 5 SE Tiger Tanks and 27k Prestige after upgrades. Forward to the end now! :)

Going blind from here on out.
Five SE tanks... aaaahhhh... wish I had exchanged more during the game... I missed that....
I am in jan. 45:
3 SE INF
1 SE FW190
2 SE Jagdtiger (!)
1SE King Tiger

NotOneStepBack
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by NotOneStepBack » Sun May 22, 2016 8:32 pm

Made it to '44 for the first time. After upgrades and repairs, I start Korsun Pocket with 17k prestige. '43 was utterly brutal. Hopefully I have enough to make it to the end of '45, but I think I'll make it.

rcbricker
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA

Post by rcbricker » Fri Jan 06, 2017 5:16 pm

New to the series.

I have to ask. What does SE stand for?

goose_2
Tournament Organizer of the Year 2017
Tournament Organizer of the Year 2017

Post by goose_2 » Fri Jan 06, 2017 6:02 pm

Special Equipment
goose_2
Lutheran Multiplayer Tournament Organizer. :-)

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCRHQShaOv5PWoer6cP1syLQ

Return to “Panzer Corps”