42 west core choice, what and why would you choose?

PC : Turn based WW2 goodness in the mold of Panzer General. This promises to be a true classic!

Moderators: Slitherine Core, Panzer Corps Moderators, Panzer Corps Design

Stephen1024
Sergeant First Class - Panzer IIIL

Re: 42 west core choice, what and why would you choose?

Post by Stephen1024 »

Yes I be doing US Corps. Will be fun
goose_2
Tournament Organizer of the Year 2017

Post by goose_2 »

simcc wrote:Had to abandon GC44 hahaha US corps is out. I will begin to look into US corp this weekend and maybe we can share tactics and findings hahaha was hoping to seek Stephen, Captainjack, BNC and goose advice. Will you guys be doing US corps?
I will be purchasing this weekend, but it will be probably a year before I start as I really want to finish blind Grand Campaign and Sea Lion Campaign.

Since I helped with Beta Testing I kind of already played quite a bit of it. Still I am super excited to get a great layout of some of the most studied battles of my youth. :twisted: :mrgreen:
goose_2
Lutheran Multiplayer Tournament Organizer. :-)

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCRHQShaOv5PWoer6cP1syLQ
simcc
Staff Sergeant - Kavallerie

Post by simcc »

Started today lol found a artillery unit from Vichy french but it's not easy the scenarios hahaha bad choice doing field Marshall. Will be hard to locate all goodies with this difficulties
simcc

Post by simcc »

Heads up, you get free unit from destroying some unit. That's new and fresh hahaha but it's very tough on US corps as german unit is very superior now I know panzer are very good especially when you are getting bash by it
Stephen1024

Post by Stephen1024 »

Played first 3 missions, did Casablanca.

I have been awarded 2 SE fighters, had infantry made into SE Rangers and was given Tac bomber +3 attack +2 initiative.

No core losses, fought American, British and French in that order so far, the first appearance of Germans is next. Interesting and very fun so far, looking forward see what comes later.

Air and arty going be very important in this campaign.
simcc

Post by simcc »

Dear frends
Oh I have completed GC 42 and below are the goodies I have found but I won't mention where I found to avoid spoilers, please update me if you found others as I am doing FM level didn't get all flags

1. 2 rangers upgrade (1 is SE unit)
2. Sdkfz 243/2
3. Sherman crap
4. Panzer III N
5. Panzer IVF/2

Only found those 5 above. No SE armor either only infantry and planes
simcc

Post by simcc »

By the way anyone of you guys manage to get the information of US artillery RoF? By far my favorite is M3 75GMC (found in AT) that dude is only 200 prestige and I can overstrength it to max and it's an AT/artillery combo nice vehicle for infantry support
goose_2

Post by goose_2 »

simcc wrote:By the way anyone of you guys manage to get the information of US artillery RoF? By far my favorite is M3 75GMC (found in AT) that dude is only 200 prestige and I can overstrength it to max and it's an AT/artillery combo nice vehicle for infantry support

I used 75 GMC to gain fast experience to create decent Anti tank platforms later either the Hellcat or Wolverine that once they reach 2 stars experience can do some real damage.
Too bad Germany doesn't have a decent equivalent, at least not yet I am in 43 Campaign.
goose_2
Lutheran Multiplayer Tournament Organizer. :-)

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCRHQShaOv5PWoer6cP1syLQ
Stephen1024

Post by Stephen1024 »

Oh guys don't leave me behind.

Decorating sucks, want play more panzer corps, but likes been man, knows wife will kill me if decorating not finished.

I sure I catch up soon, atleast I get hear whats happening before I get their.

Have fun guys
simcc

Post by simcc »

Goose, I did that too hahaha. I think my army now have change to AT heavy as US have very decent AT. Hellcat by far is the best monster I like with 7 mobility hahaha haven't seen anything that is that fast on the ground and he can at least put some damage to Tigers.

On GC 43 on a scenario 2 tigers appear and roll over my 2 Sherman 2 artillery and an infantry before being bought down by my AT/Air combo. Also I really really hate stukas they are just so devastating. Another thing I hate about US is the price tag on the strategic bombers all 600+- prestige and I can't use them much (soft cap rule in mind). Also I haven't receive any SE tanks so far only planes and infantry, is there SE tanks option for US?

I am currently at Sicily Italy trying to cross to mainland italy hehehe.
Stephen1024

Post by Stephen1024 »

Simcc if they stick to similar Allied Corps infantry and fighter SE units only no tanks.

Just remember that AT units are very weak to infantry on bad ground so arty back them, make sure train them early.

You need get few cheap units so can throw in couple tacs and stra bomber, Allied air important.
simcc

Post by simcc »

Allied air is so expensive that if I field too many I would blow the soft cap hahaha. Basic strategic bomber is 600+ prestige and tactical bomber also only 1 is below 400 prestige.

My current build is AT heavy with hellcats and M3 75 acting as arty support and mop up after hellcat shot. I have 2 SE Rangers with them also so it's a very solid task force at the moment.

I find that the recon (hound) is really bad compare to my captured sdkfz and ally have sweet mobile artillery hehehe.

Have fun going to Italy mainland now

Return to “Panzer Corps”