Panzer Corps 1.30 patch!

PC : Turn based WW2 goodness in the mold of Panzer General. This promises to be a true classic!

Moderators: Slitherine Core, Panzer Corps Moderators, Panzer Corps Design

captainjack
Colonel - Ju 88A
Colonel - Ju 88A

Re: Panzer Corps 1.30 patch!

Post by captainjack » Sat Oct 15, 2016 4:24 am

VPaulus wrote:Soft Cap tooltip added
While I dislike the soft cap, the tooltip is useful because it shows me when I have forgotten to activate the mod that switches it off!

Ballermann
Sergeant First Class - Panzer IIIL

Post by Ballermann » Sun Oct 16, 2016 12:55 pm

asuser wrote:With great enthusiasm I downloaded the new patch and tried some new features. In addition to nice things, there are also critical points such as:

-No abilities for mountain troops (alpini)?
-No abilities for reconnaissance troops (reconmove)?
-No abilities for submarines (Has been announced in the new readme file as "attacksub" to fight with subs against subs)?
-Bridge engineers use also the trait “minekiller”, but it’s missed with the new ability feature?

Is there a chance to get these things later?

Very good question. But where is the response from the developers?

Also interesting is what you can read on the "whatsnew.pdf":

Change History:

v1.30 – October 6, 2016

• Audio library has been updated to newest version
• Special abilities shown in Purchase, Unit Details and New Equipment Available screens.
• Switch type is shown in a popup when "switch" special ability is clicked.
• Extended predictions when planning unit movement.
• Soft Cap tooltip added to old prestige tooltip.
• Fixed issue with extended predictions showing for transports.
• Extended prediction no longer shows on the hex where the unit is moving (to avoid confusion weather click will trigger move or attack)
• Implemented OS scaling setting (via Settings in game launcher)
• Implemented legacy audio setting (via Settings in game launcher)
• Add new Gold images
• Added german localization
• Added Russian localization
• Special abilities correctly shown in case of upgrade
• Extended prediction is shown again when move and attack hex is the same (important case for planning aircraft bombing raids)
• Gold images should appear only when all 18 packages are installed (both Steam and non-Steam version)
• US Corps images added to the Library
• Switch ability tooltip fixed
• Added "attacksub" unit trait which allows submarines to attack other submarines.
• Incorporated some fixes for german localization reported on the forums

In this tread, in the first post, you can read only this:

Change notes:

- Special abilities shown in Purchase, Unit Details and New Equipment Available screens.
- Switch type is shown in a popup when "switch" special ability is clicked.
- Extended predictions when planning unit movement.
- Soft Cap tooltip added to old prestige tooltip.
- Launcher options for selecting legacy audio driver
- Launcher options for selecting windows graphic settings
- US Corps images added to the Library
Sorry, for my bad school english...

KeldorKatarn
Lieutenant Colonel - Panther D

Post by KeldorKatarn » Sun Oct 16, 2016 3:04 pm

if THAT's the only trait that was added that's really stupid. So instead of actually useful AT support fire we get submarines attacking other submarines, something that happened only maybe a couple of time during the entire war and usually wasn't successful?
Panzer Corps - Dossier Tool - http://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=121&t=39151
Epic Chronological Let's Play - https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLb_qLVfViPTbD7C7gN8cVOxG_mEgDYO91

Akkula
Lieutenant Colonel - Elite Panther D

Post by Akkula » Sun Oct 16, 2016 8:32 pm

Keldor,
The attacksub is trait I asked to the developers in order to support my "Modern Conflicts" mod, of course in WW2 there was no sub battle. This one, is just a trait specifically added for the modding community, no vanilla content is changed, dont worry.
In that aspect I think is good sign from the developers to keep supporting the modding community, next step Steam Workshop maybe?.
Eastern Front: Soviet Storm (v1.96): http://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=147&t=50342
Modern Conflicts (v1.1): http://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=147&t=72062

KeldorKatarn

Post by KeldorKatarn » Sun Oct 16, 2016 8:46 pm

Yeah I don't say that it's not nice to have that. But while they were at it why did they not also add the other stuff people asked for. I mean they did a "suggestions" thread specifically for this patch and NONE OF IT go uses. The only stuff they added was stuff that had been asked for years ago. None of the new ideas of that thread were used, literally NONE. That is so disappointing.
Panzer Corps - Dossier Tool - http://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=121&t=39151
Epic Chronological Let's Play - https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLb_qLVfViPTbD7C7gN8cVOxG_mEgDYO91

Akkula

Post by Akkula » Mon Oct 17, 2016 1:06 am

I have a glitch/bug to report.
I put to test the new subs trait and it doesnt work. What I did:

1- Added attacksub to several submarine units
2- Test the scenario, I chose the sub unit and I got the attack option to another sub... so far so good, but
3- I clicked attack but nothing happened: the turn movement of my unit was over but it didnt attack

I tried this with another submarines with and without the trait.

Am I missing something? or it is really a bug?.

Thanks in advance.
Akkula.
Eastern Front: Soviet Storm (v1.96): http://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=147&t=50342
Modern Conflicts (v1.1): http://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=147&t=72062

HapHapablap
Private First Class - Wehrmacht Inf
Private First Class - Wehrmacht Inf

Post by HapHapablap » Tue Oct 18, 2016 3:18 am

Nice additions, especially extended predictions. Thanks! I already can't recall how I played without that.!

Soldberg
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 251/1
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz  251/1

Post by Soldberg » Tue Oct 18, 2016 8:14 pm

The startscreen-background-image-control - which has been controlled so far via the "startscreen.htm" - is now hardcoded ... Please turn it back!

Razz1
Panzer Corps Moderator
Panzer Corps Moderator

Post by Razz1 » Sat Oct 22, 2016 8:29 pm

You are correct. I can not get the attacksub trait to work.

Akkula

Post by Akkula » Sat Oct 22, 2016 11:00 pm

I hope the dev guys make a quick fix for that one.

Magic1111
2nd Lieutenant - Elite Panzer IVF/2
2nd Lieutenant - Elite Panzer IVF/2

Post by Magic1111 » Mon Oct 24, 2016 11:46 am

Akkula wrote:I hope the dev guys make a quick fix for that one.
I don´t think so....

bcnkor5
Sergeant Major - Armoured Train

Post by bcnkor5 » Thu Oct 27, 2016 8:00 am

AlbertoC wrote:Hi all!
This is the changelog of the latest patch for Panzer Corps, the one accompanying the ultimate edition, Panzer Corps Gold :) We hope you’ll enjoy it. Have fun playing, and remember, beware of anti-tank artillery.

You can download the patch here

Mirrors:
http://ftp.us.matrixgames.com/pub/Panze ... e-v130.zip
http://ftp.ca.matrixgames.com/pub/Panze ... e-v130.zip

Change notes:

- Special abilities shown in Purchase, Unit Details and New Equipment Available screens.
- Switch type is shown in a popup when "switch" special ability is clicked.
- Extended predictions when planning unit movement.
- Soft Cap tooltip added to old prestige tooltip.
- Launcher options for selecting legacy audio driver
- Launcher options for selecting windows graphic settings
- US Corps images added to the Library
------------------------------------------------------

2 things that are missing super important to this great game, not an added never Updates, being lame the game:

1-The aircraft carrier hangar, like the Order of Battle Series, unit loaded in hangar and transported by sea to recharge and protection inside the hangar, with the "toggle switch" icon can be added to an aircraft the plane but not transport you by sea.

2- "toggle switch" for torpedoes, you can not put the number of different ammunition to "interuptor of change" since it only has the lowest Munion in two changes of position: Example
for
TORPEDO 1 Ammo> Torp Henschel 8150
for BOMBER 3 Ammo> Bomb Henschel 8150

the only solution I've seen is put both 1 ammo to keep reality in the game, a plane could only load one torpedo but to shoot it you run out of ammo in both positions of the switch (although in the second position you have more active ammo).

Example 1:
5139 Torp Henschel 8 150 1 60 11 4 0 1 0 0 -5 8 21 9 6 2 0 Hs-123_Torpedo.png 01.01.1939 01.01.1946 5 primary 5140
5140 Bomb Henschel 8 150 3 60 11 4 0 1 4 3 5 0 21 10 6 2 0 Hs-123.png 01.01.1939 01.01.1946 5 nopurchase 5139

When firing the first shot, the torpedo ammunition runs out, but also the 3 rounds remaining pumps even if they are two different switch change.
THIS FAILURE: When firing a torpedo spends a munition, leaving zero on both sides of the switch (5139 Torp Hensche ant 5140 Bomb Henschel).

Example:
REAL MEGAMOD - PanzerCorps GOLD v1.30 by BCNKOR SPAIN
http://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtop ... 12#p627112
Attachments
Aichi_D3A1_Torpedo_Torpedo.png
Aichi_D3A1_Torpedo_Torpedo.png (22.13 KiB) Viewed 4159 times
Aichi_D3A1.png
Aichi_D3A1.png (21.76 KiB) Viewed 4159 times
Last edited by bcnkor5 on Sat Oct 29, 2016 6:33 am, edited 7 times in total.

captainjack
Colonel - Ju 88A
Colonel - Ju 88A

Post by captainjack » Thu Oct 27, 2016 8:43 pm

For aircraft with different load capabilities, you can create multiple options (eg Bomber A = torpedo armed with one or two attacks very good against naval units, Bomber B = rocket armed with 1 or 2 shots and very effective against soft targets, and Bomber C = bomb armed with more attacks that are not so effective). If you make the different units the same price, then whenever you are on a carrier or an airfield you can switch the weapons system for no cost. I believe Akkula uses this approach for his modern warfare mod.

It's not a perfect system, but it increases the flexibility of your aircraft, makes reasonable sense (since you'd provide your flight with weapons appropriate to the mission when you set off, but wouldn't be able to change mid flight) and gets round the issue of different ammo levels for different weapons. It can also be tuned to reflect the capabilities of actual aircraft since some could carry almost any combination, while others were torpedo or bombs.

asuser
Sergeant First Class - Elite Panzer IIIL
Sergeant First Class - Elite Panzer IIIL

Post by asuser » Fri Oct 28, 2016 5:40 am

Interesting theme...

Hello developers and administrators!

It would be nice to hear some answers to solve the problems and critical points here in this thread. Is there anything in work process?

Shards
Slitherine
Slitherine

Post by Shards » Fri Oct 28, 2016 9:32 am

pgg23 wrote:Will this 1.30 patch also being applied to the iPad version as well?
Hi,

The iPad update is in development and will be ready soon

Thanks!

bcnkor5

Post by bcnkor5 » Fri Oct 28, 2016 11:21 am

captainjack wrote:For aircraft with different load capabilities, you can create multiple options (eg Bomber A = torpedo armed with one or two attacks very good against naval units, Bomber B = rocket armed with 1 or 2 shots and very effective against soft targets, and Bomber C = bomb armed with more attacks that are not so effective). If you make the different units the same price, then whenever you are on a carrier or an airfield you can switch the weapons system for no cost. I believe Akkula uses this approach for his modern warfare mod.

It's not a perfect system, but it increases the flexibility of your aircraft, makes reasonable sense (since you'd provide your flight with weapons appropriate to the mission when you set off, but wouldn't be able to change mid flight) and gets round the issue of different ammo levels for different weapons. It can also be tuned to reflect the capabilities of actual aircraft since some could carry almost any combination, while others were torpedo or bombs.
-----------------------------------
Mod akula:
Some fighters are mutirole, BUT that doenst means the units will be multipurpose: i.e., it would be unrealistic to equip bombs to a F-16 in mid air :P . To solve this I put the same cost to the bombing and fighter variants (or recon, or naval attack, etc) of those particular aircrafts, so you should be able to upgrade/equip them at the start of the scenario at 0 cost.
-------------------------------------------------------

In testing: Unfortunately it does not work because he was not implemented in the UPDATES, it is a problem of ammunition, not to change the torpedo bomb (rockets wwii Air / land cannon or missile Air / Air Air / Modern Land). >>>to fire the torpedo spent ammunition, leaving zero on both sides of the switch.
When you shoot, the unit will spend one ammo in the two units with the main switch, even changing, and the torpedo is shot, and you can not shoot the plane with machine guns even if you change position switch

In testing Example 2: With another big mistake in the game, you can not buy at cost 0 (change torpedo/bomber weapons), you have to re-pay the entire unit to switch weapons.
In testing: Nor can upgrade the unit on aircraft carriers, leaving the lame game again in the last v1.30 GOLD

idea 2 Example:
5139 Torp/Bom Henschel 8 150 1 60 11 4 0 1 9 9 -4 8 21 9 6 2 0 Hs-123_Torpedo.png 01.01.1939 01.01.1946 5 primary upgrade
5140 Bom/Torp Henschel 8 150 1 60 11 4 0 1 0 0 -4 8 21 9 6 2 0 Hs-123.png 01.01.1939 01.01.1946 5 upgrade
Attachments
l3OezSk (2).jpg
l3OezSk (2).jpg (189.98 KiB) Viewed 4074 times
Last edited by bcnkor5 on Sat Oct 29, 2016 7:34 am, edited 5 times in total.

Ballermann

Post by Ballermann » Fri Oct 28, 2016 4:29 pm

asuser wrote:Interesting theme...

It would be nice to hear some answers to solve the problems and critical points here in this thread. Is there anything in work process?

Yes that would also interest me.

It seems as if the cow was milked now. And that's it then???

bcnkor5

Post by bcnkor5 » Sat Oct 29, 2016 5:03 am

1-Nor it has an animation for parachutists this example does not work. In it summarizes a great game reaches the uptaded GOLD abandoned and missing important things missing.

2-The game not improved with updates (air units can not shoot at a distance and torpedoes or rockets), can not be mixed with rockets and torpedoes or in distance or 1 to 2 hexagon both fighter and light bomber. Even with range of vision 2 hexagons.
Example mulyrole fighter:
9621 Torp TBFAvenger 8 370 1 70 12 2 1 5 0 0 -4 9 19 10 3 2 2 TBF_Avenger_torpedo.png 01.01.1940 01.01.1946 5 primary 9622
9622 Bom TBFAvenger 8 370 3 70 12 2 0 5 6 5 -3 0 19 11 3 2 2 ZEA_CAG_TBF_Avenger.png 01.01.1940 01.01.1946 5 nopurchase 9621

Note: You can only fire torpedoes and rockets if you turn the unit as Earth = 0, but this can not be on top of an enemy unit.
9621 Torp TBFAvenger 0 370
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ask how you can fire torpedoes or rockets with air unit?
http://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtop ... 47&t=74495

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Panzer Corps v1.30 Traits: names and abilities
http://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtop ... 64#p624911

If someone has a list of new skills and old, to add the post to write it, because I do not see any info about it, and it is very important for any mod.

I hope to more ideas or info thanks...
Attachments
Parachuted.png
Parachuted.png (23.12 KiB) Viewed 3990 times
Last edited by bcnkor5 on Fri Nov 04, 2016 7:04 am, edited 5 times in total.

proline
Sergeant Major - SdKfz 234/2 8Rad
Sergeant Major - SdKfz 234/2 8Rad

Post by proline » Wed Nov 02, 2016 6:37 am

Shards wrote:
pgg23 wrote:Will this 1.30 patch also being applied to the iPad version as well?
Hi,

The iPad update is in development and will be ready soon

Thanks!
Then shouldn't there be a beta of it? I don't see any reason not to throw it up on TestFlight while you are finishing it up.

Ballermann

Post by Ballermann » Mon Nov 21, 2016 6:14 pm

Ballermann wrote:
asuser wrote:Interesting theme...

Yes that would also interest me.

It seems as if the cow was milked now. And that's it then???
No answer is also an answer...

Return to “Panzer Corps”