Patch 1.40

PC : Turn based WW2 goodness in the mold of Panzer General. This promises to be a true classic!

Moderators: Slitherine Core, Panzer Corps Moderators, Panzer Corps Design

Yrfin
1st Lieutenant - 15 cm sFH 18

Patch 1.40

Post by Yrfin »

After depressing news about PzC II's future, i want to know about fate of Patch 1.40.
Any information ?
When im died - I must be a killed.
VPaulus
Slitherine
Slitherine

Re: Patch 1.40

Post by VPaulus »

As far as I know there won't be more patches for Panzer Corps.
I believe the Gold patch 1.30 was the last one.
Musketeer
Senior Corporal - Destroyer

Post by Musketeer »

VPaulus wrote:As far as I know there won't be more patches for Panzer Corps.
I believe the Gold patch 1.30 was the last one.
When two subs with "attacksub" fights there are still all zeros...
wargovichr
Sergeant - 7.5 cm FK 16 nA

Post by wargovichr »

wargovichr wrote:Recently, I (and many others!) made excellent suggestions how to improve PC when asked directly by Staff, then most of us were very disappointed when few of these excellent suggestions and fixes were carried out for the latest patch(1.30).
Hopefully, they'll show up in PC II, but I make the cynical note that that strategy of a new iteration was more profitable then giving them out free as a comprehensive patch to interested long time loyal game purchasers and fans.
There, I said it.
Yes! Excellent point, as I made. Lets DO have patch 1.40 since we were asked what improvements/changes were desired for patch 1.30. We got very little, instead that information presumably was high-jacked into PC2.
Musketeer

Post by Musketeer »

wargovichr wrote:
wargovichr wrote:Recently, I (and many others!) made excellent suggestions how to improve PC when asked directly by Staff, then most of us were very disappointed when few of these excellent suggestions and fixes were carried out for the latest patch(1.30).
Hopefully, they'll show up in PC II, but I make the cynical note that that strategy of a new iteration was more profitable then giving them out free as a comprehensive patch to interested long time loyal game purchasers and fans.
There, I said it.
Yes! Excellent point, as I made. Lets DO have patch 1.40 since we were asked what improvements/changes were desired for patch 1.30. We got very little, instead that information presumably was high-jacked into PC2.
I bought Gold 1.3 as "working attacksub". Now I got it and nothing, no refunds and no patch! Great.
terminator
Field Marshal - Elefant
Field Marshal - Elefant

Post by terminator »

Musketeer wrote: When two subs with "attacksub" fights there are still all zeros...
A Fix should correct this :!:

We have the impression that "attacksub" works :D
attacksub(1).jpg
attacksub(1).jpg (23.23 KiB) Viewed 9066 times
But there is nothing after all :cry:
attacksub(2).jpg
attacksub(2).jpg (114.51 KiB) Viewed 9066 times
Musketeer

Post by Musketeer »

I told it 3-4x times here.
Rudankort
FlashBack Games
FlashBack Games

Post by Rudankort »

wargovichr wrote:Yes! Excellent point, as I made. Lets DO have patch 1.40 since we were asked what improvements/changes were desired for patch 1.30. We got very little, instead that information presumably was high-jacked into PC2.
Do you really think that we needed to device some cunning plot and trick the players into telling us their most secret desires regarding how Panzer Corps shall be improved? :)

Ever since Panzer Corps was released, people have been posting their suggestions to this and other forums. Now that Panzer Corps 2 is officially announced, the players have already started posting their ideas in the new forum, and we already have lots of great suggestions there. Seriously, we don't need any tricks to get this kind of feedback. I think, most Panzer Corps players are interested in a great sequel as much as we are.

Regarding the 1.30 patch. I don't remember the details already, but we had several meetings with Slitherine and very carefully considered the feedback and what to include in 1.30. We never promised that we'd include all suggestions. I can understand how some people are disappointed, but it's hard to please everyone. Our criteria for choosing things for 1.30 were like this:
- Don't break the game and cause balance issues, like infamous soft cap did some time ago.
- Implement things which most players would benefit from.
- Finish the patch in reasonable time, because we could not realistically invest another half a year into making it.

In any event, we certainly tried our best, and I think 1.30 stands out as one of the most significant feature patches in the whole game's lifetime.
Musketeer

Post by Musketeer »

Understandable.
terminator
Field Marshal - Elefant
Field Marshal - Elefant

Post by terminator »

Musketeer wrote:I told it 3-4x times here.
This time it was the good one ! :wink:
Kerensky
Content Designer
Content Designer

Post by Kerensky »

You found the Panzer Corps 2 announcement... depressing? :?
Yrfin

Post by Yrfin »

Kerensky wrote:You found the Panzer Corps 2 announcement... depressing? :?
Sure.
Instead announcement:
"PzCorps 2: now with the most devious and dynamic AI ever created in a wargame -- matched with an unparalleled number of diverse scenarios crafted by the best designers, with a branching campaign 3 times the size of the original.",
I have seen announcement:
"Hundreds of World War 2 units will be shown with a level of quality and detail never seen before in awargame.
The move to a fully 3D engine is ....."

Of couse I dissapointed. I dont need high quality details and nasty flashing animation of Units. I want PzCorps 2 to focus on AI, on historical accuracy, on balanced scenario scale and better campaign's design.
When im died - I must be a killed.
Musketeer

Post by Musketeer »

Exactly my song! You forget 5-6x more resource hungry + unplayable on basic notebooks and netbooks. But I tell ya - what they gain on new attracted players with eye candy (who do not care about hardcore strategy anyway), they lost on old fans... Developers develop on best/latest CPUs and SSDs, so do not expect the game will be faster on common HDD system without really good 3D card.
JagdpanzerIV

Post by JagdpanzerIV »

Yrfin wrote:
Sure.
Instead announcement:
"PzCorps 2: now with the most devious and dynamic AI ever created in a wargame -- matched with an unparalleled number of diverse scenarios crafted by the best designers, with a branching campaign 3 times the size of the original.",
I have seen announcement:
"Hundreds of World War 2 units will be shown with a level of quality and detail never seen before in awargame.
The move to a fully 3D engine is ....."

Of couse I dissapointed. I dont need high quality details and nasty flashing animation of Units. I want PzCorps 2 to focus on AI, on historical accuracy, on balanced scenario scale and better campaign's design.
This is exactly what is needed!
My cat plays better PzC than the IA in this game.
proline
2nd Lieutenant - Panzer IVF/2

Post by proline »

Yeah, there's already other threads in the PzC 2 area that go through the details so I won't belabor it here, but for most of your current fans PzC 2 quashed our dreams of a more interesting PzC in favor of marketing gimmicks like 3D that are unlikely to expand the player base while also dropping support for important platforms like the iPad where PzC really shines.
DeMeza
Lance Corporal - SdKfz 222

Post by DeMeza »

@proline

Where do you read that iPad will not be supported?
AMDonline
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by AMDonline »

3D graphics for PanzerCorps2 is bad news for me
i hope it wont be bad when the game comes out.
proline

Post by proline »

DeMeza wrote:@proline

Where do you read that iPad will not be supported?
There is an iPad thread in the PzC 2 area. It confirms that the game will be designed for the PC and only the PC and that there will be no simultaneous iPad release. While they left the door open to a later iPad release, that would be a dumbed down 'port' not expected to reach the same gameplay quality as the PC version.
DeMeza

Post by DeMeza »

I don't read it the same way as you do, proline.

As I read it, they will focus on releasing for PC - but I don't see that an iPad version will be dumbed down. In fact, wouldn't that way of sequencing releases look exactly how they released PzC? First a PC version, then an iPad version. And as far as I know, the iPad version of PzC is not a dumbed down version.

"But PzC 2 will have 3D graphics - and that will be hard to make on an iPad". I don't think so. The iPad has amazing graphics capability now and will only get better, since Apple has apparently decided to start developing own gfx silicone.
proline

Post by proline »

DeMeza wrote:As I read it, they will focus on releasing for PC - but I don't see that an iPad version will be dumbed down.
Let's quote Rudankort "we have decided early on that we wanted to provide best experience possible on the PC and other desktop platforms, without "dumbing down" the game with tablets in mind". Translation, the game will be specifically designed around PCs and the features they offer, such as precise pointing devices, large screen, and unlimited electricity. If the game is designed from the start without giving any thought to the tablet version, it is more than likely the tablet version will turn out to be inferior. Good designers design for their most limited platform first so that if they can ensure the game will be fun there they know it will be fun everywhere. Designing for your best platform first is ok, but it makes it very difficult to make the game fun on the more limited platforms later.
DeMeza wrote:In fact, wouldn't that way of sequencing releases look exactly how they released PzC? First a PC version, then an iPad version. And as far as I know, the iPad version of PzC is not a dumbed down version.
Have you played it? The iPad version has always been dumbed down beyond belief. For the longest time you couldn't view combat calculations or the prestige cap, both essential to learning the game. They also left in numerous bugs- text appears on top of other text all the time in briefings. V weapons can refuel and rearm at airports so you can win the western campaign with them alone. They chose not to support the larger screen iPads such as the iPad Pro and the forthcoming 10.5" iPad (which you can actually support already if you design your app to have a scalable UI). Ironically, despite the poor quality the iPad is still the better version because you can play it in bed and on airplanes.
DeMeza wrote:"But PzC 2 will have 3D graphics - and that will be hard to make on an iPad". I don't think so. The iPad has amazing graphics capability now and will only get better, since Apple has apparently decided to start developing own gfx silicone.
The iPad graphics are fantastic- better than most PC laptops out there. However, that doesn't matter here. To take advantage of that you have to make a native app that uses as many native APIs as possible. To get the very best performance you need to uses the new Metal APIs. PzC 2 will be made using 3rd party tools that aren't fully optimized for each individual platform they run on- they are designed to be cross platform at the expense of doing any one platform very well. The result will be some combination of worse than expected performance or worse than expected battery life. Will the game be playable? Sure, newer iPads have tons of horsepower to overcome a poorly optimized app. But what a lot of commenters here have pointed out is that the game will look better and perform better without 3D. Double the resolution of the current sprites and add a little more detail and it would be beautiful for a decade to come. Or stick with 3D and a decade from now it will look like a gaudy mess the way PG 3 does.

Return to “Panzer Corps”