Gettysburg: The Tide Turns is out!

Get all the latest news on Slitherine.

Moderator: Slitherine Core

Daniele
Slitherine
Slitherine

Gettysburg: The Tide Turns is out!

Post by Daniele »

The Battle of Gettysburg, fought between the Army of the Potomac and the Army of Northern Virginia, is considered by many the turning point of the American Civil War.

Lasted three days, from July 1st to July 3rd, 1863, the battle saw many epic and tragic moments, culminating in the famous Pickett's Charge, the desperate frontal assault of the confederates against the unionist defensive lines at Cemetery Ridge.

Today, Shenandoah and Slitherine are very proud to release Gettysburg: The Tide Turns, the brilliant hex-based wargame that will make you relive all the hard tactical choices the Confederates and the Unionists had to take during these long and crucial days of fierce fighting.

But the news is not over! We have just opened the gates for the first Gettysburg: The Tide Turns Tournament!

Take the challenge and defy your human opponents! The tournament will start on Wednesday 19th! Click hereto sign up!

IMPORTANT! Only 8 players will be allowed initially, so first come first served! We will add more players in future matches once we will collect enough feedback! Even if we did beta testing during the development stage, “no plan resists contact with the enemy”!

What are you waiting? Grab Gettysburg: The Tide Turns now!

freightweezul
Private First Class - Opel Blitz

Re: Gettysburg: The Tide Turns is out!

Post by freightweezul »

When will the Kickstarter reward keys be sent out? No huge hurry but it would be good to know.
zakblood
Most Active User 2017
Most Active User 2017

Post by zakblood »

All backers of the original Kickstarter project will soon receive an email detailing all the granted rewards. At this point in time, there are some rewards that are impossible to distribute. Nevertheless, we came up with a plan to reward all backers and hopefully make everyone who decided to invest in this game pleased and positive.
http://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtop ... 49&t=78273
freightweezul

Post by freightweezul »

My understanding is that Slitherine is under no legal obligation to provide copies to people who pledged to Shenandoah Studios. It is very handsome to fulfill the rewards that they can. I was only wondering about the when of it. I got an email with the text you posted here. But nothing since.
zakblood
Most Active User 2017
Most Active User 2017

Post by zakblood »

as it's only just been released a few minutes ago, the emails have only just gone out to testers, but please bare with them, they will be coming
bru888
Order of Battle Moderator

Post by bru888 »

As for the rest of us, as The Tide Turns, so does my bank account balance once again. To the south by $9.99! :x ( :wink: )
- Bru
IainMcNeil
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by IainMcNeil »

Hi guys,

we're waiting for Steam code approval before sending out anyone's steam keys. Hoping that will be today or tomorrow morning.

Thanks!
xIGuNDoCIx
Private First Class - Wehrmacht Inf
Private First Class - Wehrmacht Inf

Post by xIGuNDoCIx »

You guys are going to fix the game breaking issues prior to running this tournament right? Having to back out to the main menu in hopes of the game working correctly after an "Advance After Combat" is something that should have been caught by the playtesters. Don't get me wrong I like the game very much when it works as intended.
Kolbex
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA

Post by Kolbex »

Thought I'd see if this had shown up in my list of owned products since I was a Kickstarter backer, but due to some internal server error (which I have detailed in the Site Feedback forum), I am unable to access that page. Annoying. Also, I get a message that I am not authorized to view the G:TTT forum when I click on it.
Patrick Ward
Slitherine
Slitherine

Post by Patrick Ward »

The servers have picked just about the perfect time (not) to have a hiccup. The team is aware of it and are doing their best to get it up and running.

Pat a Pixel Pusher

ldenning

Post by ldenning »

I think it's great that you have stepped up to try to fulfill as much as you can for the Kickstarter buyers like me. You were under no legal obligation. When this was first released, I checked Steam and saw that they have not released it yet, so you can't exactly send us what doesn't exist yet.

Thanks!
mboog12
Slitherine
Slitherine

Post by mboog12 »

xIGuNDoCIx wrote:You guys are going to fix the game breaking issues prior to running this tournament right? Having to back out to the main menu in hopes of the game working correctly after an "Advance After Combat" is something that should have been caught by the playtesters. Don't get me wrong I like the game very much when it works as intended.
I'm working to push a patch asap. I think I've fixed the AI freeze.
best75
Master Sergeant - U-boat
Master Sergeant - U-boat

Post by best75 »

I forgot how long I been waiting for this. Great to see its finally come out
bru888

Post by bru888 »

mboog12 wrote:I'm working to push a patch asap. I think I've fixed the AI freeze.
I always like seeing this type of prompt developer response to address an issue.
- Bru
Kolbex

Post by Kolbex »

Ok, I can now access my owned games page, and the answer is no, it doesn't show up there. Sigh.
VPaulus
Slitherine
Slitherine

Post by VPaulus »

Kolbex wrote:Ok, I can now access my owned games page, and the answer is no, it doesn't show up there. Sigh.
Kickstarters will receive an email with the Steam key. Then they can register manually the game in the account.
rentee

Post by rentee »

Lovely looking game, Enjoyed playing
played first day as both sides. CSA won fairly easy so will increase difficulty. USA ended nearly historically.
Some bugs?
Spinning units? bits of unit left behind on map.
AI hangs occasionally; once after advance after combat, after artillery bombardment, occasionally random.
Some graphics not refreshed, Artillery bombard arrow, units left behind in previous position.
Problem with continuing game from previous save? Sometimes fails especially after an AI freeze. This is a bit frustrating as I've had to restart all my last few games.
would be interesting to have some form of options such as leaders,
mboog12
Slitherine
Slitherine

Post by mboog12 »

hi. do you have a save with an AI freeze that I can look at? i can fix it relatively quick if i have a save.
TokyoDan
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 232 8Rad
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 232 8Rad

Post by TokyoDan »

I was in the Beta and the version was b18 which was never updated. Is the release version any different than the beta? Was anything fixed/changed/improved?
tokyodan on Steam
GrumpyInTokyo on twitter and GETTR
Ted Hussman on Facebook
mboog12
Slitherine
Slitherine

Post by mboog12 »

Hi. Last beta was 20b. I don't know why you haven't received the last 2 versions.
Fixes since the 18b are:
- Fixed some cases where the AI would freeze (during advance after combat)
- Improved PBEM error messaging
- Changed the Union AI
- Minor tweaks on the map ui
- Minor bug fixes
- Art change in the Learning slides.

Return to “News & Announcements”