Overstrenght AI units Afrika Korps

PC : Turn based WW2 goodness in the mold of Panzer General. This promises to be a true classic!

Moderators: Slitherine Core, Panzer Corps Design, Panzer Corps Moderators

ptje63
Sergeant First Class - Elite Panzer IIIL

Overstrenght AI units Afrika Korps

Post by ptje63 »

I dont understand the US overstrenght armor I encounter in Persia, April 12th, 1943:
PC AFRIKAKORPS.jpg
PC AFRIKAKORPS.jpg (243.18 KiB) Viewed 1769 times
The upper M10 Wolverine has 16 strength, but has 300 experience, the lower one, the M4A1 has 14 strength with also 300 experience.

My first comment is the fact that my units, which started fighting around 1938/39 (mod) have accumulated an average of 300-350 experience - that is: the earliest units. None has reached 400.
These US units have accumulated about the same in a far less amount of time and battlehardening.

The second comment is - why overstrength is higher than allowed?

These two units are just a few of the many - in fact, overstrength above experience allowed is more common than exception in the units I have encountered so far (2nd turn), especially for infantry units.
A Soviet Engineers unit has 17 strength with 300 experience...

I can imagine overstrength in case of Soviet Infantry represents higher amounts of soldiers in the unit - is that also the case for the US-units?
sn0wball
2nd Lieutenant - Elite Panzer IVF/2
2nd Lieutenant - Elite Panzer IVF/2

Re: Overstrenght AI units Afrika Korps

Post by sn0wball »

Its simply a decision of the scenario designer. He doesn´t have to follow the rules, he makes them ;-)

Seriously, this happens from time to time and may represent different things - especially big units, especially strong units, units the player has to avoid, units the player cannot beat.
milliethedog
Captain - Heavy Cruiser
Captain - Heavy Cruiser

Post by milliethedog »

An over strength Stuka will make short work of it in 2 turns or at least will cripple it for armour to finish off or use a strat Bomber. Easy pickings with the right tools !
hurly
Sergeant First Class - Panzer IIIL
Sergeant First Class - Panzer IIIL

Post by hurly »

Interesting in my Panzer Corps Installation the Wolverine is 14 strength and the Sherman 12 strength. On 2 different Computers and in Savegames on Colonel and Rommel. And the Convoy Truck is at 7 strength Not 9. Minefields are 10 strength instead of 12.

Is this on Manstein ?
ptje63

Post by ptje63 »

Yes, guess it the MOD's (NIKIVVD) designers changes to the original game, you can find it here:
http://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtop ... taly+korps

I've played DLC 39-45 twice and this is my 2nd run at Afrika Korps, have not been able to meet the requirements to win the final battle with a DV, which (as I understand) unlocks the Manstein etc. levels.
Im playing Field Marshall - player/AI prestige 75%/150%, player/AI exp. 50%/100%, AI level 2, classic/limited.

Return to “Panzer Corps”