Insane Graziani mode?

PC : Turn based WW2 goodness in the mold of Panzer General. This promises to be a true classic!

Moderators: Slitherine Core, Panzer Corps Design, Panzer Corps Moderators

goose_2
Tournament Organizer of the Year 2017

Insane Graziani mode?

Post by goose_2 »

I had the wildest thought for an insane playthrough of this great game.

Has anyone ever tried this?

You know how you have those Italian units in that Storming Stalingrad scenario in 1942 East GC, and Italian Units in Syracuse?

Ok, so has anyone ever tried to capture various cities with Storming Stalingrad scenario and use available cities in Syracuse to purchase an entire core made up entirely of Italian units to then complete the rest of the Campaign with strictly Italian units?

Is that even possible to do?
Has anyone ever tried to purchase an Italian Core unit in either Campaign to take through the remainder of the war?

It would be insane to defend Berlin with strictly Italian units, and darn near impossible.

Maybe after my Manstein playthrough?

Share your thoughts
goose_2
Lutheran Multiplayer Tournament Organizer. :-)

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCRHQShaOv5PWoer6cP1syLQ
hurly
Sergeant First Class - Panzer IIIL

Re: Insane Graziani mode?

Post by hurly »

I don't think you can buy Italian Units in GC West nor East
just like you can buy no Brit Stuff in US Corps

At least not in an umodded Version of the Game

But you can try to go all Italian on Manstein in Afrika Korps

I can give you a savegame of Afrika Korps on Manstein for the Second (or Third Scenario) without any Lost Units and Decisive Wins where all German Stuff is sold off after Scenario Uno and you can use the Prestige to Fill up your Squad with Italians Only

Had that Idea to go all Italian with (hopefully) Decisive Wins in All Scenarios on Manstein Level and without Complete Unit Losses some time ago. I think it is possible to do this, but it will require several retries just like your GC Manstein Project
But it is resting in Savegame Folder for quite some time now as I still have no drive to play PC for some time now
goose_2

Post by goose_2 »

hurly wrote:I don't think you can buy Italian Units in GC West nor East

I can give you a savegame of Afrika Korps on Manstein for the Second (or Third Scenario) without any Lost Units and Decisive Wins where all German Stuff is sold off after Scenario Uno and you can use the Prestige to Fill up your Squad with Italians Only

Had that Idea to go all Italian with (hopefully) Decisive Wins in All Scenarios on Manstein Level and without Complete Unit Losses some time ago. I think it is possible to do this, but it will require several retries just like your GC Manstein Project
But it is resting in Savegame Folder for quite some time now as I still have no drive to play PC for some time now
Hey buddy, good to see you back on the forum. ;)

Are you sure you can't buy Italian units in Grand Campaign?
Can anyone validate Hurly's claim, I may just load up my 1944 West Campaign to check to see if you are correct as I believe that starts in Italy again.
goose_2
Lutheran Multiplayer Tournament Organizer. :-)

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCRHQShaOv5PWoer6cP1syLQ
Buffalohump
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 251/1
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz  251/1

Post by Buffalohump »

Unfortunately you are not able to buy Italian units in either the East or West Grand Campaigns. I generally play Panzer Corps on my IPad but have started playing the US Corp campaigns on my computer. I am starting to learn how to modify scenarios and units to fit my desires. I have always felt the lack of US fighter/bombers was a terrible oversite. The “Jug” and the Lightning were used extensively as ground attack aircraft. I have added a P-47C and gave it stats similar to the ground attack version of the FW-190. I plan to add the P-38J model and give it a similar work over. I am currently playing the US 42 campaign and have added a Sahariana unit with US flag(defector unit) and hero stats similar to the Italian Alpini unit you receive later and a French colonial mountain unit(French Foreign Legion, US Flag) with hero to give it stats similar to a Ranger unit. I have also added two English Beaufighters(personal favorite). I plan to add two Commando units in the 43 Campaign, one US flagged and one Canadian flagged, the 1st Special Service Force( Devil’s Brigade). This is honestly a diversion as I impatiently await Panzer Corps II but I am having fun. I think what you are proposing would be a great deal of fun and may attempt at some time but currently lack the skills to mod it.
dalfrede
Colonel - Fallschirmjäger
Colonel - Fallschirmjäger

Post by dalfrede »

In Nico's: GC DLCs upgrade project
There is a version of GC 39 with an Italian core on page 19.
And instructions on how to mod other campaigns.
see:
GC as Italian army v1 ready
There comes a time on every project when it is time to shoot the engineer and ship the damn thing.
huckc
Master Sergeant - U-boat
Master Sergeant - U-boat

Post by huckc »

Afrika Korps on Manstein with only Italian units would be unbelievably epic.
Buffalohump
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 251/1
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz  251/1

Post by Buffalohump »

dalfrede wrote:In Nico's: GC DLCs upgrade project
There is a version of GC 39 with an Italian core on page 19.
And instructions on how to mod other campaigns.
see:
GC as Italian army v1 ready
Thanks,
I have tried to add nations to my core provisionally, this worked and presents great future possibilities.

Regards,
Buffalohump
hurly

Post by hurly »

huckc wrote:

Afrika Korps on Manstein with only Italian units would be unbelievably epic.
Yeah sometimes I have a few masochistic Tendencies that need to be addressed :wink:

Anyway right now ( and maybe not very soon) I have no time and no real Motivation to touch Panzer Corps at all so it is delayed until further notice

But in my (not so) Beautiful Mind there is some Idea how I can challenge the Collective Wisdom of the Panzer Corps Community Hive

Not very thought through but I will come back to you when I made it up

Return to “Panzer Corps”