Panzer Corps Tournament 2020

PC : Turn based WW2 goodness in the mold of Panzer General. This promises to be a true classic!

Moderators: Slitherine Core, Panzer Corps Moderators, Panzer Corps Design

goose_2
Tournament Organizer of the Year 2017

Re: Panzer Corps Tournament 2018

Post by goose_2 »

I will be gone this weekend and will be unable to check any news being reported to me about results...so please be patient as I will respond by Monday at the latest...Hopefully everyone is at least halfway done by now...

My defeat is imminent, but I am still enjoying the challenge of this tournament.

This has been a lot of fun, at least when we focus on the game it has been.

Thanks for the continued interest and positive feedback.

Blessings on your weekend! :mrgreen:

and as always...Stay Lutheran My Friends
goose_2
Lutheran Multiplayer Tournament Organizer. :-)

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCRHQShaOv5PWoer6cP1syLQ
a432
OoB Tournament Winner
OoB Tournament Winner

Post by a432 »

I have defeated signum both as axis and allies on rush to Moscow.

As axis I won on turn 19 by capturing all objectives.

As allied I won on turn 18 by the enemy surrendering

Just as I named my Barbarossa strategy after Zapp Brannigan's kill bot strategy, I name my Moscow strategy after Gaara's Absolute Defense: Sand(conscript) shield strategy. The character Gaara is from the anime Naruto.

My absolute defense strategy really involves 3 parts.

Conscript shied: Use conscripts as a shield to protect Moscow
Conscript tomb: Once enemy is adjacent to Moscow surround the enemy with conscripts
Conscript burial: Once surrounded apply pressure (artillery) and crush (surrender) the enemy

Once the 3rd step in started there is no escape, only certain death.

Notable names have all fallen to this strategy, Urban, Ins07, Robterdam, jimthechip have all see its power and lost. The only exception lifever proved it has a weakness.
Attachments
rushtomoscowallied3.jpg
rushtomoscowallied3.jpg (585.11 KiB) Viewed 4001 times
rushtomoscowallied2.jpg
rushtomoscowallied2.jpg (614.9 KiB) Viewed 4001 times
rushtomoscowallied1.jpg
rushtomoscowallied1.jpg (637.22 KiB) Viewed 4001 times
rushtomoscowallied1.jpg
rushtomoscowallied1.jpg (637.22 KiB) Viewed 4002 times
Last edited by a432 on Wed Jul 25, 2018 8:33 pm, edited 2 times in total.
a432
OoB Tournament Winner
OoB Tournament Winner

Post by a432 »

Axis screen shots
Attachments
rushtomoscowaxis3.jpg
rushtomoscowaxis3.jpg (575.44 KiB) Viewed 4005 times
rushtomoscowaxis2.jpg
rushtomoscowaxis2.jpg (639.15 KiB) Viewed 4005 times
rushtomoscowaxis1.jpg
rushtomoscowaxis1.jpg (653.57 KiB) Viewed 4005 times
rushtomoscowaxis2.jpg
rushtomoscowaxis2.jpg (639.15 KiB) Viewed 4008 times
goose_2

Post by goose_2 »

Ok with about 10 days left in the match ups I am hopeful that the remaining participants will be able to finish with 2 more weekends left to factor in.

Here are the remaining match ups I have yet to hear an update on:

Lifever vs Gwaylare
Cougarranger ** vs PAK_Paule **
woken * vs alfredoallu *
Mkoki77 * vs Urban *
jimthechip * vs fcastrotello *
agentj23 ** vs SSIGeneral **
Warhomer ** vs sn0wball **
Yoky ** vs Muwattali **
Indywise ** vs gilgul **

If you remaining players could give me an update on where you are at in your match up I would greatly appreciate it.

Here are the results so far:

Winners Both sides
hansstory **
A432 *

won as Axis better than their opponent
Ins07 *
DCK **
paulwalvoord **
Riker **
NightPhoenix **
coombes545 *

Won because of problems with opponent
pelocho08 **
Ratprince **

Loser Both sides
Signum **

won as Axis just not better than their opponent
rag116 **

Lost and are eliminated from the Tournament 3 losses
armstein ***
texasboy ***
drkjell ***
Tschemo ***
DeaconBlue ***
goose_2 ***
alexrus ***
treacypr ***

I was defeated by 1 day, exactly how I wanted to go...knock down drag out fight is the best kind of battle...

Thanks for all of the participation and continued interest. Even though I have been eliminated I am still excited to find out the results of this Tournament.
It continues to be fun for me.

Blessings!
goose_2
Lutheran Multiplayer Tournament Organizer. :-)

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCRHQShaOv5PWoer6cP1syLQ
PAK_Paule
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA

Post by PAK_Paule »

Good morning

From the sunny Germany.
I won as Axis after 15 turns.
Cougarranger won as Axis after 20 turns.

P.Paule(Master of rush)
Lifever
Panzer Corps World Champion

Post by Lifever »

a432 wrote: Wed Jul 25, 2018 8:20 pm Notable names have all fallen to this strategy, Urban, Ins07, Robterdam, jimthechip have all see its power and lost. The only exception lifever proved it has a weakness.
Congratulations on your enormous win! That strategy really looks glorious in full effect... those three empty Sturmpanzers next to each other. Signum knows how to stage an epic screenshot! And the watermarks - very original. Awesome effort..

Now since you mentioned our Rush game: Does that mean you are the final member of our team? You sure deserve to be... scoring the first victory member vs member. You won't leave us hanging with a resigned player on the list, now will you? :[
Lifever

Post by Lifever »

PAK_Paule wrote: Thu Jul 26, 2018 6:52 am Good morning

From the sunny Germany.
I won as Axis after 15 turns.
Cougarranger won as Axis after 20 turns.

P.Paule(Master of rush)
Now I wanted to congratulate you on the 15 turns, which is a really good time against tough competition.
And then you had to put that "Master of Rush" out... *sigh*

If 15 turns are Masterclass... what would you call 10 with 2 turns of rain and one turn of mud? Impossible? I just call it: Living the dream! :D

So if you are interested in getting that master degree certified... the Austrian Panzer Corps University is closed over the summer holidays.. but I can jam you in afterwards. Deal?
Keen
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 251/1
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz  251/1

Post by Keen »

Lifever wrote: Fri Jul 27, 2018 12:17 pm
Have you finished the scenario against Rishat?
I want to finally see the real result.
Lifever

Post by Lifever »

Keen wrote: Fri Jul 27, 2018 1:08 pm
Lifever wrote: Fri Jul 27, 2018 12:17 pm
Have you finished the scenario against Rishat?
I want to finally see the real result.
I want a space shuttle, but I just got the message by mail "Look at the forum, the cohorts are out..."
"Oh, it's just good ol' Keen again..." :(

Thanks for the reminder, good job! The whole forum is buzzing for weeks now about that incident as you saw.
I had strange people ambushing me in the streets of Vienna screaming at me "Coward! Go back and play Rishat...!" and "You are a disgrace and not a real man!" (they did in german, I translated it) Gladly it seems like a minority.. At least the prime minister of Austria was on my side as he ensured me in an emergeny meeting, but he is younger than I am, so what does he know? Still glad he got me off that tax dodging thingy for an autograph on his panzer corps replay collection (strange... doesn't he do anything else on his airbook retina display?)
So don't worry - I still have to deal with the media and sure won't care about Kiev and ins07 and all your teamefforts directed against me. :)

Dear Keen, is this your best shot? The self proclaimed best Panzer Corps player sure can set up a better distraction - you are better than this, you just have to try harder. Be creative... think out of the box man! Make it happen.
Glad you got your head back into the actual tournament proceedings though...

I honestly expected ins07 to be able to fight his own battles... and with dignity. He acts that way. But I don't hold it against him if he brings the cavalry... Maybe you are still in football fever, 11 guys all pumped after disecting that map for weeks straight to finally score a point. You may have found the first eastereggs there..

Now imagine the irony if you are knocking on the wrong door. :D
PAK_Paule

Post by PAK_Paule »

Hi Lifever

Ist die "the Austrian Panzer Corps University" das gegen stück zur Dt. Förderschule ;) .

P.Paule(Dekan of the early moskau Panzer General Akademie )
Keen

Post by Keen »

Lifever wrote: Fri Jul 27, 2018 3:26 pm Dear Keen, is this your best shot? The self proclaimed best Panzer Corps player sure can set up a better distraction - you are better than this, you just have to try harder. Be creative... think out of the box man! Make it happen.
Glad you got your head back into the actual tournament proceedings though...
No offense please. I didn't mean anything wrong. :D

And this is really the truth - i am the best strategic player ever!
I did not lose to any opponent in any strategic game i played.

The Panzer Corps only one of them. I played 9 or 10 times against tournament players and won all of them for both sides every match. My strongest opponents in my opinion were rishat, Ins07 and Urban.

I just want to play only against the best players. So if you really defeat Rishat then I must fight with you. I am not interested in a medium level players.
Lifever

Post by Lifever »

PAK_Paule wrote: Fri Jul 27, 2018 3:32 pmIst die "the Austrian Panzer Corps University" das gegen stück zur Dt. Förderschule ;) .
Oh, you are looking for the "special school"?
Now actually I didn't know you are in need of assistance on that basic level, but there will probably be some deep dive tutorials for you to find helpful. You can enlist later anytime you feel ready.. :)
Lifever

Post by Lifever »

Keen wrote: Fri Jul 27, 2018 3:58 pm And this is really the truth - i am the best strategic player ever!
I did not lose to any opponent in any strategic game i played.

I just want to play only against the best players.
That's perfectly understandable. As a solution tournaments were organized.

I'm not going to argue with the truth. :) It's just hard to imagine a grown up person is still interested in the outcome of a game of another dude from weeks prior. It's really really hard to relate to that. That's where my answer was coming from.

Another truth is: It doesn't matter. There is no "one best". There are always some tastes and approaches to be "the best". The best in what exactly? By which rules? So for your logic it shouldn't matter whom somebody beat or did not beat.
That's "martial arts math": If A beat B on day x and B beat C on day y, A will beat C on any given day. Reality more often than not has a problem with that logic because there are more layers to it.
A really great player (in any given game including life) should know that - and I don't mean that as an insult mind you. :)

In other words: Everybody still in the tournament has proven he is at least a very capable player... and although I may be one of the more dominant players around in voicing my opinion or building textwalls - I don't like it when people just make it about one or two posterboys and the rest is just scenery. Everybody on that level is somehow worthy and probably in at least some regards dangerous and interesting to play against. This is a game were this holds true more than in others since you can do funny stuff or have a nice talk... which is much more rewarding than just to play for a result.
There are also players already out of the tournament who are definitely great at it.
Keen

Post by Keen »

Lifever wrote: Fri Jul 27, 2018 4:37 pm That's perfectly understandable. As a solution tournaments were organized.
I bought the game when the tournament has already started. It was 28.02.2018
Anyway the title means nothing. I know i am the best.
Lifever wrote: Fri Jul 27, 2018 4:37 pm I'm not going to argue with the truth. :) It's just hard to imagine a grown up person is still interested in the outcome of a game of another dude from weeks prior. It's really really hard to relate to that. That's where my answer was coming from.
Believe or not I'm for justice. I'm 95% sure that you will lose if you continue the game against Rishat.

If you want we can organize command tournament.
The russian players from our forum against the world best players command.
I mean our command versus world wide command.
But I think it will be a formality and absolutely without a chance for you. :D

What do you think about that? Will you play?
SSIGeneral
Lance Corporal - SdKfz 222
Lance Corporal - SdKfz 222

Post by SSIGeneral »

SSIGeneral wins in 17 or 18 moves as Axis
SSIGeneral wins as allies in 22

Agentj23 played very well. Thanks.
John
ratprince
Panzer Corps Tournament 5th Place
Panzer Corps Tournament 5th Place

Post by ratprince »

Are some of these guys trolling? Or are they for real?

Seriously...its a game. Does this Keen dude believe the stuff he types or is it a translation issue?

Hahahahahahah...wow...rich....
AMDonline
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by AMDonline »

wait a minute, So Keen claims he only started playing the game 5 months ago and he actually went to defeat rishat both sides???
rishat who play this game for years and participated in many tournaments was defeated by a player of 5months and 0 tourney experience ???

why are you replying to him with seriousness Lifever, he is just spewing lies and fantasies
AMDonline
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by AMDonline »

i wish this tournament was broadcasted on twitch......
Keen

Post by Keen »

AMDonline wrote: Sat Jul 28, 2018 3:42 pm wait a minute, So Keen claims he only started playing the game 5 months ago and he actually went to defeat rishat both sides???
rishat who play this game for years and participated in many tournaments was defeated by a player of 5months and 0 tourney experience ???

why are you replying to him with seriousness Lifever, he is just spewing lies and fantasies
Rishat is a very strong player but i defeat him in "Low Countries" scenario for both sides. Нe can confirm that.
I have replays of our battle. That was my fifth play in multiplayer. I still think he was the strongest player in this tournament.

Two more very strong players did not participate in the tournament Leon2210 from Germany and Wolfram1951 from Russia. Each of them I think could win the tournament. I defeated them too.
Robterdam

Post by Robterdam »

Lifever said:

I'm not going to argue with the truth. :) It's just hard to imagine a grown up person is still interested in the outcome of a game of another dude from weeks prior. It's really really hard to relate to that. That's where my answer was coming from.

Not if the other dude is- ehhh- "special" to the other dude, mr Lifever. You do care about that!? Now dont you?

If i was still in tournament. A432 would have killed me in Rush to Moscow bigtime anyway. I suggest you all go out and play some more. Next year all your base are belong to me..

Return to “Panzer Corps”