Panzer Corps Tournament 2020

PC : Turn based WW2 goodness in the mold of Panzer General. This promises to be a true classic!

Moderators: Slitherine Core, Panzer Corps Moderators, Panzer Corps Design

goose_2
Tournament Organizer of the Year 2017

Re: Panzer Corps Tournament 2018

Post by goose_2 »

NightPhoenix wrote:Goose_2,

I see everybody playing with undo ON, but you want us to not be able to undo our movements right? I'm slightly confused here. The box was already ticked while setting up the game, which means that you will be allowed to undo your moves.

NightPhoenix

There is a glitch in the game, where you click undo off, but it does not show on the multiplayer display, it is a design flaw.

We will have to trust that everyone set up there game correctly.
goose_2
Lutheran Multiplayer Tournament Organizer. :-)

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCRHQShaOv5PWoer6cP1syLQ
goose_2

Post by goose_2 »

Oh yeah and for the next few hours I will be at work so you will either have to post here or private message me on the forum to ask questions as I do not have access to email.

So excited to see all of the games already posted.

You are all in for great fun. :D :D :mrgreen:
goose_2

PoorOldSpike
Colonel - Ju 88A
Colonel - Ju 88A

Post by PoorOldSpike »

I've never played multiplayer before. I issued my challenge, so do I now have to wait til my opponent (Bubblebox) e-mails his turn to me or what?
Is it all done by email?
goose_2

Post by goose_2 »

PoorOldSpike wrote:I've never played multiplayer before. I issued my challenge, so do I now have to wait til my opponent (Bubblebox) e-mails his turn to me or what?
Is it all done by email?
Bubblebox will go into multiplayer and go to accept challenge enter the password tournament and play his first round.

You, PoorOldSpike, will receiv an email from Slitherine letting you know that someone has accepted your challenge and that someone has played their first turn.

You will then go into multiplayer and see that you have 2 games for Poland, 1 you are playing as Germany, the other as Poland.

Play both your first round as Germany, and First Round as Poland, and Bubblebox will receive 2 emails letting him know it is his turn.

He will play...and so on until one of you beats the other.
goose_2

PoorOldSpike
Colonel - Ju 88A
Colonel - Ju 88A

Post by PoorOldSpike »

Thanks, I think I've got it right, this is how my screen looks below, I've un-ticked the Undo option, but haven't touched any of the other options or the handicap slider. Shall I leave "Show opponents moves" ticked?
PS- as a matter of interest what happens in multiplayer games if two players tick or untick various options and have different slider settings, will the game still work if each player is using different options and settings?

Last edited by PoorOldSpike on Mon Feb 05, 2018 2:52 pm, edited 2 times in total.
goose_2

Post by goose_2 »

yeppers
goose_2

AlbertoC
Slitherine
Slitherine

Post by AlbertoC »

Here's a little visual help. :wink:

sn0wball
2nd Lieutenant - Elite Panzer IVF/2
2nd Lieutenant - Elite Panzer IVF/2

Post by sn0wball »

My game gives of a warning that my files have been modified. They are not, I make a fresh reinstall through Steam, all files date from the same day a few weeks ago, no mods installed. Does anyone else have this issue ?
goose_2

Post by goose_2 »

Yes, it is based on Soviet Corps and 1.3 update, now all people that have 1.3 upgrade has those in the games description...so...we should be g2g
goose_2

alexrommell
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA

Post by alexrommell »

Not played a bunch of paired games- it would make sense the weather should be consistent in both games. :shock: Bad weather hurts the Germans.
TigerTiger007
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by TigerTiger007 »

This is my first time trying multiplayer. I opened the game, and clicked the Multiplayer button and it says Initializing Multiplayer, but it has been doing that for about 20 minutes now... is this normal?
"It's a wasted trip baby. Nobody said nothing about locking horns with no Tigers."
goose_2

Post by goose_2 »

no reload and try again
goose_2

TigerTiger007
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by TigerTiger007 »

Completely logged out off the computer, restarted it, opened ONLY Panzer Corps and still the initializing thing keeps spinning on mine. I have all the DLC but no mods currently open. Looks like my tournament will end before it starts.
"It's a wasted trip baby. Nobody said nothing about locking horns with no Tigers."
TigerTiger007
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by TigerTiger007 »

PoorOldSpike wrote:Thanks, I think I've got it right, this is how my screen looks below, I've un-ticked the Undo option, but haven't touched any of the other options or the handicap slider. Shall I leave "Show opponents moves" ticked?
PS- as a matter of interest what happens in multiplayer games if two players tick or untick various options and have different slider settings, will the game still work if each player is using different options and settings?

How did you get there? I open Panzer Corps, click Multiplayer and my screen spins and says Initializing Mulitplayer, this goes on for over 20 minutes, and it never changes... have rebooted my PC three times now and can't get mine to work. Are we supposed to go through a special website to get multiplayer to work like Steam?
PoorOldSpike
Colonel - Ju 88A
Colonel - Ju 88A

Post by PoorOldSpike »

TigerTiger007 wrote:How did you get there? I open Panzer Corps, click Multiplayer and my screen spins and says Initializing Mulitplayer, this goes on for over 20 minutes, and it never changes... have rebooted my PC three times now and can't get mine to work. Are we supposed to go through a special website to get multiplayer to work like Steam?
Beats me mate, I'm in the same boat as you, this is the first time I've tried multiplayer and I got a "Panzer Corps has stopped responding" error message so I'm up the creek and it looks like i'll have to quit the tourney before I've even begun because my computer is on the blink..:)
PS- does anybody know how can I contact my opponent to ask how things are going at his end?
StahlRat

Post by StahlRat »

Hi PoorOldSpike

Total noob myself in Panzer Corps multiplayer. Imho best way to contact your opponent is to send him private message from forum. Your opponent should be registered here under the same nick, so it might work.

Regards,
PoorOldSpike
Colonel - Ju 88A
Colonel - Ju 88A

Post by PoorOldSpike »

StahlRat wrote:Hi PoorOldSpike
Total noob myself in Panzer Corps multiplayer. Imho best way to contact your opponent is to send him private message from forum. Your opponent should be registered here under the same nick, so it might work.
Regards,
Thanks, I thought of that but how do I find his name "Bubblebox" to drop him a PM? I looked under 'B' in the members list but there are a zillion people whose name begins with B and it's a needle in a haystack thing..:)
StahlRat

Post by StahlRat »

You should use yours "User Control Panel", you can send Private message from there. Use the "Find a member" link and put "Bubblebox" in the username. There is "Bubblebox" and he is the only one :)
Here's link to his profile:
http://www.slitherine.com/forum/memberl ... le&u=66578
PoorOldSpike
Colonel - Ju 88A
Colonel - Ju 88A

Post by PoorOldSpike »

StahlRat wrote:You should use yours "User Control Panel", you can send Private message from there..
Thanks, done..:)
goose_2

Post by goose_2 »

I apologize for not responding to most of my emails that I received yesterday, I was just too busy with home life, but I will respond before I go to bed tonight.

With that said I will be monitoring the forum page and my private message inbox, so please post or shoot me your urgent questions here.

Those of you having tech problems I would post on tech support your questions because I do not know tech questions but they should be able to handle.

Let me know anything else, I hope you have all been able to start your matches and are busy trying to win Poland faster than your opponent
goose_2

Return to “Panzer Corps”