Panzer Corps Tournament 2020

PC : Turn based WW2 goodness in the mold of Panzer General. This promises to be a true classic!

Moderators: Slitherine Core, Panzer Corps Moderators, Panzer Corps Design

goose_2
Tournament Organizer of the Year 2017

Re: Panzer Corps Tournament 2018

Post by goose_2 »

The Good News:
This weekend we reached my goal of reaching 100 participants.
Super Happy about this. :D :D :D

The Bad News:
I have not received any additional sign ups in over 24 hours, so...

I feel like a gauntlet has been thrown down. (Read that as challenge presented.)
The powers that be at Slitherine informed me that the largest Tournament they have ever sponsored is for their new game Field of Glory 2, which is going on right now.
128 participants, but they assure me that this is super easy to set up and since it is a newer game there is more interest.

I say phooey! This game Panzer Corps is the fan favorite and destined to take the top spot despite it's age. So this challenge is now placed before you, fans of Panzer Corps. Recruit at least 28-30 more people so we can show the folks at Slitherine that this game still has a huge fan base.

In all seriousness I am elated that we have reached 100 and am content with that if that is what the final numbers end up being.
Then I go in my super secret base to set up First Round match ups. (Trying to set people up in similar time zones)
Monday February 5th the match ups will be posted and instructions on who and how to set up the matches.

1st Round should be concluded by Friday February 16th, so I can get time to set up for Round 2.

Any questions let me know.
goose_2
Lutheran Multiplayer Tournament Organizer. :-)

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCRHQShaOv5PWoer6cP1syLQ
Victor_K
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by Victor_K »

Hi Goose will be registering should be fun!
Bubblebox
Private First Class - Wehrmacht Inf
Private First Class - Wehrmacht Inf

Post by Bubblebox »

This game has over 400 playing on steam most of the time at the moment which is quite amazing for this type of game and considering it's age, and that's just on one platform, so yeh the player base is very healthy, and it's looking good for PC2 so long as the release is done well.
texasboy
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA

Post by texasboy »

Hi,
I just sent you an email with all of my info. I've never played in one of these tournaments but I'm very much looking forward to the competition.

texasboy
JasinSwift
Private First Class - Opel Blitz

Post by JasinSwift »

Cant wait.Hype!
goose_2

Post by goose_2 »

Quick Update:

2 weeks in and we are now at 108 signed up as of this morning.

That means with 10 days left to take additional contestants we only need 2 a day to match the current record holder for largest multiplayer game hosted by Slitherine.
Field of Glory 2...

So target is within our sights.

Keep them coming in, as I love seeing all of the new players and old players revisiting a classic. ;)
goose_2

Indywise

Post by Indywise »

Hi,

Just to confirm my sign-up for the tourney.

I emailed you my details yesterday - but at that point I didn't yet have an account.

Looking forward to it - even though I'm a noob who discovered the game over Christmas.
sss0216

Post by sss0216 »

Goose, To confirm I am on the forum: sss0216
the_white_whale

Post by the_white_whale »

Heyo! I was involved in last year's and had a great time.

Lost my forum P/W and old e-mail addy in the meantime, though, so I had to set up a fresh one. Wouldn't let me PM you (too 'spamy') my details, so I sent an e-mail instead. :D
Markusr1307

Post by Markusr1307 »

I can not participate in the tournament !!!
Because slitherine claims that i have broken off the party at the party.
I had the last few days really problems when I downloaded a game that the system often aborted the download there was then downloading failed please internet connection check what nonsense is because of my connection, it has never been. Because they have not got their system under control they blame me for it. When I contact you, you never get an answer or help. So you do not deal with people!
AlbertoC
Slitherine
Slitherine

Post by AlbertoC »

Markusr1307 wrote:I can not participate in the tournament !!!
Because slitherine claims that i have broken off the party at the party.
I had the last few days really problems when I downloaded a game that the system often aborted the download there was then downloading failed please internet connection check what nonsense is because of my connection, it has never been. Because they have not got their system under control they blame me for it. When I contact you, you never get an answer or help. So you do not deal with people!
Hi Markus, sorry that you've been having issues. Have you sent an e-mail to support@slitherine.co.uk detailing your problem?

If you do, they will surely get back to you. It might take a few hours though.
Markusr1307

Post by Markusr1307 »

I have been waiting since yesterday for an answer from those but so far nothing came
Markusr1307

Post by Markusr1307 »

here comes the answer that totally contradicts:
It was important that you contact us to solve these issues, but you have not shown any willingness to work with us. Therefore, I am extremely reluctant to grant access to the multiplayer again, as you continue to have problems, do not contact us. to solve them and answer only when you are finally banished, unless you can give an extremely good reason to allow access. Unfortunately, we do not want to allow you access. I contacted them but would not be ready to solve the problem I have 8 tickets open because the question arises who is not ready to solve the problem. the build measures and pushes me in the shoes because they have not processed the tickets or, moreover, had no desire to do so!
JosephM
Slitherine
Slitherine

Post by JosephM »

Hello Markus,

Sorry, but as I explained in the email you sent, this is not just a one-off. We have had several emails, often numerous ones a month, stating that you are downloading the turns more than you are uploading these, and therefore you have received tens of emails from us over the last year or two asking that you explain the issue and work with us to fix this. But you do not. You only ever contact us when we ban you from Multiplayer, and then when we re-enable this so you can test this you then again stop replying to us until we ban you again in the future.

As a result you have again been banned from the Panzer Corps multiplayer to avoid your actions having a negative impact on other users. You say that you have tried contacting us for this, but I can see from the records that you have not unless we ban you from multiplayer. Your previous forum posts involve one from the 6th August 2016, where we replied stating to try in a different browser as this seemed to relate to the issue downloading the file on the forum, and one on the 15th May 2015 where my colleague asked that you contact us at support.

Then you also have emailed us about this, but again only when we have taken action against the account. I will not disclose the nature of the emails on the forum, but under tickets 2015051410000392, 2016011910000058, 2016030610000015, 2016080510000026 and 2016122410000296 we sent the final reply on these and were awaiting your reply to continue to help with this, and the only ticket where your reply was the last reply was 2015081210000167 where your final reply stated that this was hardly crashing at all.

However the forums are not a place to assist with this or where we can explain further so please can you await my reply to your most recent email, but as this stands, due to your unwillingness to work with us to fix the issue, I am very reluctant to re-enable access for another time when you do not work to resolve the issue due to the impact this has on other users. Please do not continue this on the forums
goose_2

Post by goose_2 »

All Right. I got to ask do you want the Good News or the Bad News first?
goose_2

Striped_Soul
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by Striped_Soul »

goose_2 wrote:All Right. I got to ask do you want the Good News or the Bad News first?
bad news first,pls.. :shock:
Robterdam

Post by Robterdam »

goose_2 wrote:All Right. I got to ask do you want the Good News or the Bad News first?
I agree with Striped Soul. Give us the bad news first :D
goose_2

Post by goose_2 »

Ok you asked for it...

The Bad News!
We are coming down to the last minute to sign up...Tomorrow is the last day that you will have an opportunity to sign up for this great Tournament.
You say that isn't bad news, and I agree, I just like to tweak you a little. ;)

The other Bad News!
One of you has to sign up to take on me. I want this to be as transparent as possible. So I have been practicing for this moment for over 3 years and even played some recent games with opponents on Poland and I still get beat in this map as my opponent is able to best me quicker than I can best them, but one of you has to sign up to be my victi...I mean opponent, opponent, I meant opponent. So whoever volunteers first here on this thread will get the "honor" of being the first to challenge the organizer. ;)

So this leads me to the Good News!

The Good News is we as of this morning have 129 contestants signed up which officially makes us the largest Tournament ever conducted by Slitherine. This means so much to me you can't even understand my elation. I am overwhelmed by the support and enthusiasm for one of the true joys in my life.
I mean it guys this is something that truly humbles me. I was so excited when Slitherine sponsored a Tournament back in 2015 where 32 participants signed up, and then last year I was able to double this number and acquired 64 participants.
Now we have more than doubled that amount and I couldn't be more excited than I am right now. So thank you so much for all that you guys have done to make this possible.

I have met so many great people form all around the world through this great game, and so now I will take the day off from work to celebrate my eldest sons 17th Birthday and to begin to organize the first match ups.

Here is my thought patterns for First and 2nd match Ups.
First match ups will be based on region only. (To the best of my ability)

2nd Round match Ups will be in Norway and will be based on how well you do in the First Round.
If you win both sides of the match up, you will be playing against other opponents who did the same in the First Round.
If you lose both sides in the First Round you will be paired up against another opponent who also lost both sides in the First Round.

Other players will be playing those that won as Germans but last as the Poles.

Here are the guidelines for winning again:
How do you win a scenario?
Winning conditions will be based on the following:
1) Who wins the match up first. IE: You are playing your opponent and you get the last victory Objective on Turn 12, they do it on Turn 13 You win because you were faster.

2) If you both win on the same day, then it will be determined based on who has the most 2ndary Objectives. IE: You both win on Turn 12, but you have 4 2ndary Objectives and your opponent has only 3. You win because you took over and held more stuff.

3) If you both win on the same day and have the same number of 2ndary Objectives. It will come down to who ends with the most prestige to determine the winner. IE: You both win on the same day and with same number of objectives taken, but you have 500 in prestige and they have 499, you win because of your asset management.

Again I am trying to be as transparent as possible.
I love this game and love this opportunity to serve.

Let me know if there are nay questions or things I could clarify.

Blessings!
And as always...Stay Lutheran My Friends. ;)
goose_2

eddieballgame
Sergeant Major - SdKfz 234/2 8Rad
Sergeant Major - SdKfz 234/2 8Rad

Post by eddieballgame »

I will volunteer to be your first win. I might as well learn from the best. :)
goose_2

Post by goose_2 »

eddieballgame wrote:I will volunteer to be your first win. I might as well learn from the best. :)
Done. Kuddo's to you for signing on to be the first lamb to the slaughter...I mean first contestant.

But seriously in 2 of my matches in preparation for this Tournament I got beat, so I am not top dawg, well at least not on this scenario...too many people know my secrets...;)
goose_2

Return to “Panzer Corps”