Panzer Corps Tournament 2020

PC : Turn based WW2 goodness in the mold of Panzer General. This promises to be a true classic!

Moderators: Slitherine Core, Panzer Corps Design, Panzer Corps Moderators

huckc
Master Sergeant - U-boat
Master Sergeant - U-boat

Re: Panzer Corps Tournament 2018

Post by huckc »

goose_2 wrote: Mon Nov 19, 2018 6:32 pm Please if there are any triggers for Gustav Line, please post them here as this will be the next map, and I am unfamiliar with looking up code.
No scripts/triggers on Gustav Line.

That being said, the scenario might still have its own particularities that might interest the discerning general looking for an edge, but that's not my place to spoil here :D
goose_2
Tournament Organizer of the Year 2017

Post by goose_2 »

huckc wrote: Wed Nov 21, 2018 12:07 am
goose_2 wrote: Mon Nov 19, 2018 6:32 pm Please if there are any triggers for Gustav Line, please post them here as this will be the next map, and I am unfamiliar with looking up code.
No scripts/triggers on Gustav Line.

That being said, the scenario might still have its own particularities that might interest the discerning general looking for an edge, but that's not my place to spoil here :D
All players should practice and become familiar with their maps...as such...I have made a decision for a Round 13 map...This one will be a no win situation for the Germans, but simply how long can you last.

Bagration will be Round 13 final map. Whoever lasts the longest as the Germans will win, if they both finish on the same round then it will come down to 2ndary objectives. If that is the same then it will come down to how much prestige Is retained on their Soviet side.
goose_2
Lutheran Multiplayer Tournament Organizer. :-)

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCRHQShaOv5PWoer6cP1syLQ
Gwaylare
Panzer Corps Tournament 3rd Place

Post by Gwaylare »

Bagration will end before turn 20 if and only if all units of one side are eliminated. So if allies manage to take all objectives and germans manage to hide at least one unit on the map the tiebraker will be prestige.
goose_2

Post by goose_2 »

Gwaylare wrote: Wed Nov 21, 2018 6:49 pm Bagration will end before turn 20 if and only if all units of one side are eliminated. So if allies manage to take all objectives and germans manage to hide at least one unit on the map the tiebraker will be prestige.
Nope...as soon as you take over all objectives screen shot the map and send me the screen shot stating I did it first, I will check with your opponent and as long as everyone agrees that person will be declared the winner of the match.
goose_2

Gwaylare

Post by Gwaylare »

That sounds good Goose, thanks for clarification. Then we have another race for victory, but with different roles.
goose_2

Post by goose_2 »

Gwaylare wrote: Wed Nov 21, 2018 7:52 pm That sounds good Goose, thanks for clarification. Then we have another race for victory, but with different roles.
exactly...it is painful, extremely painful to play this role, and as such most players will be playing it fresh, I see only needing this to decide between 2 players to decide either 1st and 2nd or 3rd and 4th depending on the outcome of Round 13 Gustav Line which is an extremely fun map, I have just played again recently, and just love the frustration and joy of that difficult yet balanced late game map.
goose_2

PeteMitchell
Major-General - Tiger I
Major-General - Tiger I

Post by PeteMitchell »

So is this still on, do we have any exciting news and/or maybe even first-hand screenshots? ;)
Comprehensive Battlefield Europe AAR:
http://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=145&t=86481
woken
Panzer Corps Tournament 2nd Place

Post by woken »

PeteMitchell_2 wrote: Sun Dec 02, 2018 4:19 pm So is this still on, do we have any exciting news and/or maybe even first-hand screenshots? ;)
Germans having some difficulties with their northern pincer.
Attachments
axis ne1.jpg
axis ne1.jpg (366.04 KiB) Viewed 6381 times
Lifever
Panzer Corps World Champion

Post by Lifever »

Dear fellow generals,

I need your help with some serious trouble in Kursk.

All was good when I halted the advance of axis troops pushing in from the northwest. When they pulled back I overtook on the right, cut them off and speared their support units. By now my troops have reached the red line I edited in and can't go further west.
Is this a bug? How am I supposed to take Berlin anytime soon under those conditions?

Awaiting further instructions,
LiFever out
Attachments
End of the World 02.jpg
End of the World 02.jpg (362.9 KiB) Viewed 6228 times
woken

Post by woken »

heh, very nice
Gwaylare

Post by Gwaylare »

Yes Lifever got me quite unprepared in the Northwest with a really massive counterattack. This was real Kursk feeling with the minor exception, that germans had to take the majority of losses.
I think the major problem was that Lifever had not enough time to prepare this map and thought we were playing Bagration. How should anyone encircle the soviet army if they just decide to go to Berlin insteed :shock:

Overall I am not able to win this map anymore. So Lifever is the winner of our match and we can go on the tournament.

So he is back on stage again ;-)
goose_2

Round 11 Kursk Results and Round 12 Gustav Line

Post by goose_2 »

OK it just went official this morning, before I went to work but not enough time to type this up before work, so I have time before I go to work to get this out.

Here are the final four:
Lifever *
Gwaylare **
Woken **
alfredoallu **

These 4 have outlasted all other competitors to bring this triple elimination all of 2018 of insanity to an epic conclusion.

The match ups for Round 12 Gustav Line are as follows:
This side sets up the match vs this side accepts:
Lifever * vs alfredoallu **

If Lifever wins this match up he is the winner of Panzer Corps and can concentrate on taking care of that new baby, Congrats,
if alfredoallu wins we will have to face off the winner and a rematch with Lifever double match up elimination speed round in Bagration.
Bagration is pain...pain on every level, no one can win as the Germans in that battle so the task is to be eliminated last.

The other match up is:
woken ** vs Gwaylare **
whoever wins this match up will either play a double match up between Lifever and alfredoallu for a final free for all for 1st, 2nd, and 3rd...or will play speed round versus alfredoallu for 2nd and 3rd place.

I hope this makes sense, let me know if it does not. Please set up battle and join battle and do first move by Sunday 12/16/18 so we can get playing, and if you finish early let me know so maybe we can actually get this done in 2018? Still possible?

Either way same rules apply:

No reloading as always...

Players should be playing both sides subsequently and you will have until Monday January 14th, 2019 to complete your match so I can have time to set up final speed round 13 Bagration.

Please everyone accept the challenge by Friday, November 16th so you can get started and get enough time to finish the match.

Again the Rules for winning:

How do you win a scenario?
Winning conditions will be based on the following:
1) Who wins the match up first. IE: You are playing your opponent and you get the last victory Objective on Turn 12, they do it on Turn 13 You win because you were faster.

2) If you both win on the same day, then it will be determined based on who has the most 2ndary Objectives. IE: You both win on Turn 12, but you have 4 2ndary Objectives and your opponent has only 3. You win because you took over and held more stuff.

3) If you both win on the same day and have the same number of 2ndary Objectives. It will come down to who ends with the most prestige to determine the winner. IE: You both win on the same day and with same number of objectives taken, but you have 500 in prestige and they have 499, you win because of your asset management.

So...If both opponents lose as the Germans, but than it will come down to how much territory the Germans were able to maintain.
Starting with Primary Objectives:

1) You have 3 Primary and your opponent has 2 Primary...You win.
If those are the same...
2) It will then come down to 2ndary Objectives. You and your opponent both have 2 Primary Objectives, but you have 1 2ndary and your opponent has none. You win.
If those are the same...
3) If those end up being the same, the 3rd condition will be a little different, it will come down to how many surviving units you have on the map, not prestige.
So, you have 2 Primary and your opponent has 2 Primary and you both have no 2ndary Objectives, but you have 5 units remaining, 4 infantry and 1 tank, and your opponent has 4, 2 tanks and 2 inf...you win.

Let me know if there are any questions.

Blessings on your match ups, and as always...Stay Lutheran My Friends!

goose_2

sn0wball
2nd Lieutenant - Elite Panzer IVF/2
2nd Lieutenant - Elite Panzer IVF/2

Post by sn0wball »

This sounds pretty exciting ...
Lifever

Post by Lifever »

Goose...
You must be the worst warmonger of all Lutheran people in history.
You would probably force us to drop bombs on unsuspecting pixel men on Christmas eve - so I know it's no use to ask for a ceasefire over the holidays.

But 4 days to START the next round? Until now we had about a week and I hope we can go back to that.
We battle over 300 days now; +/-3 doesn't make a difference, now does it?

---

There's another thing that was brought to my attention.
Apparently the game does not end by meeting the victory conditions. All troops of one side need to be wiped out for the game to end - similar to Italy.

Just want to double check so there are no custom rules announced during the game.
goose_2

Post by goose_2 »

Lifever wrote: Thu Dec 13, 2018 11:09 pm Goose...
You must be the worst warmonger of all Lutheran people in history.
You would probably force us to drop bombs on unsuspecting pixel men on Christmas eve - so I know it's no use to ask for a ceasefire over the holidays.

But 4 days to START the next round? Until now we had about a week and I hope we can go back to that.
We battle over 300 days now; +/-3 doesn't make a difference, now does it?

---

There's another thing that was brought to my attention.
Apparently the game does not end by meeting the victory conditions. All troops of one side need to be wiped out for the game to end - similar to Italy.

Just want to double check so there are no custom rules announced during the game.
Everyone will have a tough time with this battle, a clear winner for the match should emerge. If it comes down to a real close match than screen shot progress, or send me the unzipped file replay so I can watch the results, or if you are really ambitious add it to the forum for people to downloand, as I am sure people are very interested how this will end. ;)
goose_2

ClaireRedfieldU
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by ClaireRedfieldU »

The tournament is still going??? God bless America.
Lifever

Post by Lifever »

ClaireRedfieldU wrote: Mon Dec 17, 2018 8:02 am The tournament is still going??? God bless America.
Isn't America blessed enough with their president?

The next game also could use a good blessing against the curse of Italy... OR ELSE... LiFever may defect to Russia.
ClaireRedfieldU
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by ClaireRedfieldU »

Goose_2 it's time to announce the winner of this protracted tournament! Lifever deserved this victory, he won all the strongest players and one cheater, I think Lifever's announcement as the winner will be the best gift for him for the new year !. For me personally, Lifever is the winner of the panzer Corps tournament 2018.
Congratulations to all with the new 2019 year (salute)
Lifever

Post by Lifever »

ClaireRedfieldU wrote: Wed Dec 19, 2018 3:42 pm Goose_2 it's time to announce the winner of this protracted tournament! Lifever deserved this victory, he won all the strongest players and one cheater, I think Lifever's announcement as the winner will be the best gift for him for the new year !. For me personally, Lifever is the winner of the panzer Corps tournament 2018.
Congratulations to all with the new 2019 year (salute)
You speak words of truth and great wisdom. You have totally changed your ways once you've been blinded for life by the light of the LiFever experience.
You are on the verge of becoming a well of great fortune for this community in the years to come!

It's obvious you can't await the championship reign and age of decadence that lies ahead. Practice patience if you want to adopt a stance of dominance over all players reeking of modesty and restraint.

Remember:
A win is not a gift for a winner. It's his right, earned and enforced by the law of the jungle.
Much like a Venezuelan jungle the young Alfredoallu ventures in brave and full of hope to find thrills, glory and a trophy.
He feels good about himself, seasoned guy, did his homework, set up all the traps, scouted out any advantage to exploit...
But somewhere in all that nifty procedure he made one tiny mistake...
A mistake any man could make; a mistake no man should pay for.
He hopes it won't matter; he hopes it will go away by itself... but deep down he knows by the cold shivers running down his spine:
This was all it took. It's not a game anymore. He is game... for the apex predator.
woken

Post by woken »

Merry Christmas all !

Return to “Panzer Corps”