Panzer Corps Tournament 2018

PC : Turn based WW2 goodness in the mold of Panzer General. This promises to be a true classic!

Moderators: Slitherine Core, Panzer Corps Moderators, Panzer Corps Design

goose_2
Tournament Organizer of the Year 2017
Tournament Organizer of the Year 2017
Posts: 2085
Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2014 5:22 am
Location: Winterset, Iowa

Re: Panzer Corps Tournament 2018

Post by goose_2 » Thu Jun 28, 2018 11:56 pm

Hello,

You all are the last battles left to report.

I want to set up Round 7, Rush to Moscow, next week, so with that, I hope you all have some reports coming.

Here are the matches left:



rishat
vs
Lifever



gilgul **
vs
Robterdam **



Wolfepanzer **
vs
pelocho08 **



sss0216 **
vs
Yoky **
alexrus **
vs
httpouille **



Signum *
vs
IronCouncil **
djinnwind **
vs
Cougarranger **


If you have all ready reported the results I apologize for missing them, otherwise give me an update at least, hoping many of you may even finish early, early is always good. ;)

Blessings Goose
goose_2
Lutheran Multiplayer Tournament Organizer. :-)

Robterdam
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA
Posts: 13
Joined: Fri Jun 02, 2017 8:39 am

Re: Panzer Corps Tournament 2018

Post by Robterdam » Fri Jun 29, 2018 8:33 pm

Robterdam vs gilgul. Robterdam managed to win with the Axis on turn 20 but Gilgul did the same on turn 19. That means i am out.


I have had a great experience and met some realy nice people playing this great game/tournament! I wish the remaining participants some good battles and lots of fun. May the best man win.Do we have any woman in game? If so..wanna play? mail me!

I thank Goose for organizing this wonderfull tournament. I hope this will be an annual event. Thanks to slitherine for making this all possible!

regards Rob

Lifever
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint
Posts: 60
Joined: Fri Feb 02, 2018 9:35 pm

Re: Panzer Corps Tournament 2018

Post by Lifever » Sat Jun 30, 2018 7:38 pm

Robterdam wrote:That means i am out.
What happened? How? Why? WHY!? Nooooo.... *raises arms to the heavens*
(This game really needs a team-mode... multiple players in one game playing different factions. It's slow to play, but could be extremly funny if you know your friends and foes)

goose_2
Tournament Organizer of the Year 2017
Tournament Organizer of the Year 2017
Posts: 2085
Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2014 5:22 am
Location: Winterset, Iowa

Re: Panzer Corps Tournament 2018

Post by goose_2 » Sat Jun 30, 2018 9:22 pm

OK,

Results are in I am working to post the results...the thing is...
I am going with my Mom, wife, and one of my Daughter's to the Tim McGraw Faith Hill Concert tonight...and as such, might not get it organized fully.


But know this...

I am hoping to organize Round 7, Rush to Moscow tomorrow...hopefully...very busy this weekend as meeting with other Lutheran Home Scoolers tomorrow....so super excited about this because I did not realize we lived so close to a group of fellow Confessional Lutheran Homeschoolers, but we do and we will be getting together with them for the first time tomorrow. Super Excited.


For now working to post results.
goose_2
Lutheran Multiplayer Tournament Organizer. :-)

goose_2
Tournament Organizer of the Year 2017
Tournament Organizer of the Year 2017
Posts: 2085
Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2014 5:22 am
Location: Winterset, Iowa

Re: Panzer Corps Tournament 2018

Post by goose_2 » Sat Jun 30, 2018 9:27 pm

Here are the official results:

Please let me know of any corrections.
* star means 1 loss
** stars means 2 losses

Winners Both sides
PAK_Paule **
treacypr **
A432 *
hansstory **
woken *
Ratprince **
jimthechip *
Mkoki77 *
alfredoallu *
Ins07 *
Gwaylare
texasboy **
Tschemo **
Riker **
agentj23 **
DCK **
alexrus **
Yoky **
Signum *


won as Allies better than their opponent
Urban *


won as Axis better than their opponent
Muwattali **
fcastrotello *
SSIGeneral **
gilgul **
pelocho08 **


Won because of problems with opponent
rag116 *
Cougarranger **
Lifever

Loser Both sides
sn0wball **
NightPhoenix **
drkjell **
Indywise **
paulwalvoord **
Warhomer **
coombes545 *

won as Allies but not as well as their opponent
goose_2 **

won as Axis just not better than their opponent
DeaconBlue **


Lost because of problems finishing
armstein **

lost because of unable to finish and out of the tournament
Rishat *

Lost and are eliminated from the Tournament 3 losses
Hugh Moore ***
StahlRat ***
dolphin0810 ***
Mordigo ***
Netballman ***
Nicknilsbart ***
Elpatriarche ***
herrmann***
Vincat ***
jad43 ***
Alexrommell ***
djinnwind ***
httpouille ***
Robterdam ***
sss0216 ***
Wolfepanzer ***
IronCouncil ***

Understand that I have yet to eliminate all emails of those who have been eliminated, but I will work on it after this weekend.

Blessings to all and prepare as soon we will all feel the RUSH!!!
goose_2
Lutheran Multiplayer Tournament Organizer. :-)

rishat
Lance Corporal - SdKfz 222
Lance Corporal - SdKfz 222
Posts: 22
Joined: Sat Jul 02, 2011 8:18 am

Re: Panzer Corps Tournament 2018

Post by rishat » Sat Jun 30, 2018 9:47 pm

goose_2 wrote:Here are the official results:
lost because of unable to finish and out of the tournament
Rishat *
[/size]
This is disgusting meanness. Lifever deliberately wasted time in the lost game, and counted the defeat to me. I have not met a more disgusting tournament .

rishat
Lance Corporal - SdKfz 222
Lance Corporal - SdKfz 222
Posts: 22
Joined: Sat Jul 02, 2011 8:18 am

Re: Panzer Corps Tournament 2018

Post by rishat » Sat Jun 30, 2018 9:47 pm

goose_2 wrote:Here are the official results:
lost because of unable to finish and out of the tournament
Rishat *
[/size]
This is disgusting meanness. Lifever deliberately wasted time in the lost game, and counted the defeat to me. I have not met a more disgusting tournament .

Lifever
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint
Posts: 60
Joined: Fri Feb 02, 2018 9:35 pm

Re: Panzer Corps Tournament 2018

Post by Lifever » Sat Jun 30, 2018 11:29 pm

rishat wrote:Lifever deliberately wasted time in the lost game, and counted the defeat to me. I have not met a more disgusting tournament .
I don't know all the details and I don't want to know. I just have to object to the lost game part (ok, and to the disgusting tournament as well). From what I am understanding you requested a restart of the matchup that you sandbagged nearly for two weeks or such... I had to complain and get a reminder twice to get you back to playing. Now you state as reason for your leave of absence and the unfinished game emotional stress because of the video and heavy losses in the game? Come on... Let's just keep it real.

Reality is: You missed a week until you were warned - twice.
Reality is: You defended in the back... which is not the best course of action if you sandbag 2 weeks. That's your choice of strategy.
Reality is: You lost every armoured vehicle apart from a p3 and 5 inf on foot + 1 Pio as whole "backbone" when you ran out of prestige and have not even captured Minsk or Brest, while at the same time my whole axis army with minor losses (p2, t38) is down to the last main objectives... Karl at the front and no troops with real bite left but to crack those entrenched boys in the cities.
Reality is: Let's keep the war in the game and out of the forum this time. I left sarcasm out as you see.. I will not mention you again so you don't feel disturbed. I really had enough of all that nonsense before... It was stressful and depleted the game. Not going into details again.

Can't say I'm sorry you lost. I'm sorry that it doesn't say "winner axis faster as opponent" as it should, but I'm not mad at you. I can only imagine how impossible losing feels for you. But it happened. If anybody is interested enough to see the final screenshot, he can ask me personally. The authorities here have seen it, maybe ruled by it, I don't know, since I only got the message that it's over.

For whatever else happened or was decided: Talk it through with whomever it may concern.
I will not comment on the subject any further since I have an even bigger fish to fry.


[2x Edit to restore original post after accidently replacing it with the 2nd answer]
Last edited by Lifever on Sun Jul 01, 2018 10:59 pm, edited 2 times in total.

rishat
Lance Corporal - SdKfz 222
Lance Corporal - SdKfz 222
Posts: 22
Joined: Sat Jul 02, 2011 8:18 am

Re: Panzer Corps Tournament 2018

Post by rishat » Sun Jul 01, 2018 6:10 am

Lifever wrote:
rishat wrote:Lifever deliberately wasted time in the lost game, and counted the defeat to me. I have not met a more disgusting tournament .
I don't know all the details and I don't want to know. I just have to object to the lost game part (ok, and to the disgusting tournament as well). From what I am understanding you requested a restart of the matchup that you sandbagged nearly for two weeks or such... I had to complain and get a reminder twice to get you back to playing. Now you state as reason for your leave of absence and the unfinished game emotional stress because of the video and heavy losses in the game? Come on... Let's just keep it real.

Reality is: You missed a week until you were warned - twice.
Reality is: You defended in the back... which is not the best course of action if you sandbag 2 weeks. That's your choice of strategy.
Reality is: You lost every armoured vehicle apart from a p3 and 5 inf on foot + 1 Pio as whole "backbone" when you ran out of prestige and have not even captured Minsk or Brest, while at the same time my whole axis army with minor losses (p2, t38) is down to the last main objectives... Karl at the front and no troops with real bite left but to crack those entrenched boys in the cities.
Reality is: Let's keep the war in the game and out of the forum this time. I left sarcasm out as you see.. I will not mention you again so you don't feel disturbed. I really had enough of all that nonsense before... It was stressful and depleted the game. Not going into details again.

Can't say I'm sorry you lost. I'm sorry that it doesn't say "winner axis faster as opponent" as it should, but I'm not mad at you. I can only imagine how impossible losing feels for you. But it happened. If anybody is interested enough to see the final screenshot, he can ask me personally. The authorities here have seen it, maybe ruled by it, I don't know, since I only got the message that it's over.

For whatever else happened or was decided: Talk it through with whomever it may concern.
I will not comment on the subject any further since I have an even bigger fish to fry.
You constantly lie. You did not win. You have no troops and prestige behind the USSR, and I will quickly take your strategic cities. You know this and so you cheat, you delay the game. I played the whole tournament honestly from the very beginning. And you started our game with slander against me. It was a special moral pressure on me.

I created the game as soon as I learned my opponent: 01/06/2018
Screenshot: https://yadi.sk/i/qBFT3ts23YbZER
After waiting for 5 days, I began to worry that my game is not displayed. I asked my friends from Russian forum to check it. They checked it and made screenshot: https://yadi.sk/i/mgJd2e593YbZYu
Link to the forum: https://www.strategium.ru/forum/topic/8 ... 18?page=36
Lifever joined to the game only the 7th, but did not make any turn. Why??? And he made his first turn for the first time after a day after he joined: at the very end of the day on 8.06.2018. Maybe he planned that I wouldn't manage make my turn and I would be excluded? After all, he had time to shoot his infamous video and write on the forum .
I responded almost always in the course of an hour after his first 4 turns, hoping that we will play a few turns a day, but Lifever made 2 turns same day only once for the whole game , even when after his first turn I finished my first course around the same time, when he was finishing the second.
Provoked by slander in the video that Lifever shot, the forum started a smear campaign against me. I played the whole tournament honestly from the very beginning. I am a very proud person and this insulting slander has offended me very much. I no longer wanted to play in this disgusting tournament. Because of this, I stopped making turns twice for 5-6 days.
Lifever after my turns, too, did not respond immediately, but after 1-2 days. And if I had a moral reason not to play, then he had no such reason. In the end, I calmed down and decided not to give such an unscrupulous man a victory without a fight. Since the 23rd I started walking at the first opportunity, often right after his turn. I was hoping that we could play a few turns a day. But Lifever always answers either the next day or in a day. I complained about this at the forum: https://www.strategium.ru/forum/topic/8 ... 18?page=38
This is about a break between his turns from 25 to 27: https://yadi.sk/i/LYHobd2M3YbcCx
At the same time he went into the game on the 26th, but he did not play for the whole day.
Screenshot 26.06.18: https://yadi.sk/i/OTusXkxp3YbeGr
Screen 27.06.18: https://yadi.sk/i/lmwzRbl23YbeSw

rishat
Lance Corporal - SdKfz 222
Lance Corporal - SdKfz 222
Posts: 22
Joined: Sat Jul 02, 2011 8:18 am

Re: Panzer Corps Tournament 2018

Post by rishat » Sun Jul 01, 2018 6:21 am

I missed the script when Lifever joined the game: https://yadi.sk/i/4VqlAPZS3Ydr7i

Lifever
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint
Posts: 60
Joined: Fri Feb 02, 2018 9:35 pm

Re: Panzer Corps Tournament 2018

Post by Lifever » Sun Jul 01, 2018 7:48 am

rishat wrote: You constantly lie. [...] unscrupulous man [...]
Lie on what? (That's worth another comment, sorry)

You are a special case, against special cases I take special precautions which means: Every replay has to be seen and I do proper thinking, same as with chess over mail. That's why I play round-based rather than RTS. You can answer turns all day long within an hour, that's great (in terms of videogames). I do other stuff until my kids are in bed most of the time (not everytime, otherwise I guess I lie!?) and I am in front of my W7-desktop-computer I keep around just for this tournament so I don't have replays or crashes - speaking of which: that is because of you since before those few crashes weren't an issue for anybody. So you basically are responsible for 3 players quitting.

Our game started within the timeframe. I played one turn a day at least (with one exception of two days), you missed two weeks deliberately without communication after taking heavy losses. I had to "call you back". Simple facts.

Now before you plaster the forum with screenshots of the login-screen or whatnot, rather post screenshots of your "victorious" efforts that made you demand a restart of the match... then I do the same and we all have a laugh.

You know full well that it was the explicit wishes of the organizers that I don't tell publicly about the speciality of your playstyle. That troubles me, because it took a considerable effort to not only play the game, but do all the calculation as well. I abide by those wishes since you claimed emotional stress.

Now if you claim you feel cheated, I guess justice was indeed served in more ways than I could have imagined.

I talked to my wife yesterday if I should finish that game with you regardless just to shut you up. But in her gender words: "F him, you wasted enough time on that."
Now since you chose to drag this out here after we had an amicable agreement, I abide by her wishes too and will not waste another second on you.

In case you missed it or it wasn't fat enough:
Talk it through with whomever it may concern.
I will not comment on the subject any further.

sn0wball
Master Sergeant - Bf 109E
Master Sergeant - Bf 109E
Posts: 473
Joined: Sat Dec 08, 2012 8:22 am
Location: Germany

Re: Panzer Corps Tournament 2018

Post by sn0wball » Sun Jul 01, 2018 7:53 am

I think the 2019 tournament will feature an international arbitration clause. Its winner will be decided by the Permanent Court of Arbitration in The Hague.

Gwaylare
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Posts: 82
Joined: Sun Sep 04, 2011 7:17 am

Re: Panzer Corps Tournament 2018

Post by Gwaylare » Sun Jul 01, 2018 10:41 am

Great news, my team is still complete. Sn0wball**, agentj23**, PAK_Paule**, alexrus**, Signum*, coombes545* up to here this was awesome, keep on going and let's rush to Moscow.

May the dice be with you
Gwaylare

Keen
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Posts: 44
Joined: Wed Feb 28, 2018 1:06 am

Re: Panzer Corps Tournament 2018

Post by Keen » Sun Jul 01, 2018 10:43 am

goose_2 wrote: Won because of problems with opponent
Lifever
In this situation I can't understand two things:

1) what was the problem with his opponent?
goose_2 wrote: lost because of unable to finish and out of the tournament
Rishat *
2) Why Rishat is unable to finish? Maybe its Lifever unable to finish?

How did you determine who exactly could not finish? :?:

Keen
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Posts: 44
Joined: Wed Feb 28, 2018 1:06 am

Re: Panzer Corps Tournament 2018

Post by Keen » Sun Jul 01, 2018 2:25 pm

Lifever start to play only on 8th day of the month. Then Rishat make a pause for about 1-2 weeks.
Then they are both to blame.

I think goose_2 have to calculate who of them lost more time for response turns and show us the results.
I think it would be fair. I do not see the reason why Rishat was chosen by the loser.

ratprince
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint
Posts: 51
Joined: Thu Jun 04, 2009 3:04 pm

Re: Panzer Corps Tournament 2018

Post by ratprince » Sun Jul 01, 2018 3:01 pm

When there are this many problems isolated around one individual (regardless of definitive proof, etc) there is clearly an issue. It cannot be coincidental that a single player creates issues with EVERY opponent.

I am content with the results and seems goose is as well

Carry on those that still live

Parallax
Twitch Fidelity Award 2017
Twitch Fidelity Award 2017
Posts: 97
Joined: Thu Jun 04, 2015 12:22 am

Re: Panzer Corps Tournament 2018

Post by Parallax » Sun Jul 01, 2018 3:17 pm

ratprince wrote:When there are this many problems isolated around one individual (regardless of definitive proof, etc) there is clearly an issue. It cannot be coincidental that a single player creates issues with EVERY opponent.
When a great genius appears in the world the dunces are all in confederacy against him. (Jonathan Swift)

PAK_Paule
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA
Posts: 10
Joined: Fri Dec 09, 2011 10:03 am

Re: Panzer Corps Tournament 2018

Post by PAK_Paule » Sun Jul 01, 2018 3:58 pm

Gwaylare the star maker..............
Gwaylare wrote:Great news, my team is still complete. Sn0wball**, agentj23**, PAK_Paule**, alexrus**, Signum*, coombes545* up to here this was awesome, keep on going and let's rush to Moscow.

May the dice be with you
Gwaylare

AMDonline
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint
Posts: 57
Joined: Mon Aug 15, 2016 5:03 pm

Re: Panzer Corps Tournament 2018

Post by AMDonline » Sun Jul 01, 2018 4:20 pm

i love the drama that this tournament generate on a weekly basis

Keen
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Posts: 44
Joined: Wed Feb 28, 2018 1:06 am

Re: Panzer Corps Tournament 2018

Post by Keen » Sun Jul 01, 2018 4:31 pm

Lifever wrote: Talk it through with whomever it may concern.
I will not comment on the subject any further.
I mean you have to finish the game and show us if you are really winner.
Show us the real result without coward way.

Post Reply

Return to “Panzer Corps”