New Difficulty Level for Grand Campaign

PC : Turn based WW2 goodness in the mold of Panzer General. This promises to be a true classic!

Moderators: Slitherine Core, Panzer Corps Moderators, Panzer Corps Design

goose_2
Tournament Organizer of the Year 2017

Re: New Difficulty Level for Grand Campaign

Post by goose_2 » Tue Jul 10, 2018 11:06 pm

shawkhan2 wrote:
Tue Jul 10, 2018 9:19 pm
Albert Canal and Arras are two of the most difficult battles to get a Decisive victory. Took me three tries for each in order to get the decisive w/o excessive casualties. Double Rommel is a killer. I play both branches of the campaign and find the French path is much easier on the pocketbook. Going to be interesting to see how far we get.
Agreed thanks for making this journey with me...even if the progressively Manstein is altered slightly it will still be very hard for both of us
goose_2
Lutheran Multiplayer Tournament Organizer. :-)

shawkhan2
Staff Sergeant - Kavallerie
Staff Sergeant - Kavallerie

Post by shawkhan2 » Wed Jul 11, 2018 1:09 pm

Actually, Nikivdd's changes have strengthened the opposition quite a bit. I am fighting overstrengthed units in 1940. 11 and 12 strength units seem pretty common. Fighting overstrengthed Matildas is lots of fun. Even Crusader IVs are quite a handful at times. Already experiencing hitting the prestige wall trying to fight the British. Scraping the bottom of the prestige barrel in 1940 does not bode well for 1941.

goose_2

Post by goose_2 » Wed Jul 11, 2018 7:12 pm

Interesting...I am about 10 days into Albert...Marginal is assured as extremely easy to acquire, but it amazes me how deep a dive I can go on these scenarios playing at this level trying my best to minimize losses and maximize kills...no heroes awarded yet, but I am expecting some soon...I forget how long it kind of takes to get 1st heroes when I play the way I play.

Hoping to finish before this weekend, so I can start setting up Return to Kishinev, unsure when I will finally set up and try Liege...super intimidated still...
goose_2

goose_2

Post by goose_2 » Fri Jul 13, 2018 1:11 pm

OK...I muscled through last night and am probably going to pay for the lack of sleep here today at work...
No heroes rewarded at all in this scenario :? oh well :roll:

I will try and type up my playthrough but unsure I will have time to get it all done today...the important point is I am going to try for The Hague next and remembering my difficulty with this mission on Manstein, I am desiring to get a Decisive at this new level as I want that extra prestige, but am considering trying for a loss and still maximizing prestige, but will try for Decisive first.

I just remember getting upset at seeing so many tanks in a mission that historically had a couple of dozen armored cars and 5 tankettes...not much of an armored force to pull into a scenario, but oh well

I will dive deeper this weekend and may play test, but think I want to concentrate on attempting Return to Kishinev
goose_2

Return to “Panzer Corps”