Where are the Waffen-SS?

PC : Turn based WW2 goodness in the mold of Panzer General. This promises to be a true classic!

Moderators: Slitherine Core, Panzer Corps Moderators, Panzer Corps Design

PoorOldSpike
Lieutenant Colonel - Elite Panther D

Where are the Waffen-SS?

Post by PoorOldSpike » Mon May 14, 2018 4:37 pm

Sorry if this has been asked before, but I haven't noticed any W-SS units in the DLC standalone scenarios, for example not even in the Kursk scen where they had a massive historical presence, why is this?

dalfrede
1st Lieutenant - Grenadier

Re: Where are the Waffen-SS?

Post by dalfrede » Mon May 14, 2018 5:21 pm

It's a pragmatic response to EU politics.
Products can be banned in Germany for being too Nazi.
So why take the chance.

There are mods that include SS units.

There are suggestions that SE units were originally SS,
but giving players in Allied Corps bonus SS units does not make sense.
There comes a time on every project when it is time to shoot the engineer and ship the damn thing.

PoorOldSpike

Post by PoorOldSpike » Mon May 14, 2018 6:53 pm

dalfrede wrote:..but giving players in Allied Corps bonus SS units does not make sense.
Sorry I'm not sure what you mean. They were historically used weren't they?
Correct me if I'm wrong but at the moment it seems the only way we can incorporate SS units into the standalone scenarios is if we open the scens in the Editor and delete a bunch of ordinary Wehrmacht units and replace them with SE units which have better combat capabilities, and rename them "Waffen-SS".

dalfrede

Post by dalfrede » Mon May 14, 2018 8:45 pm

PoorOldSpike wrote: Sorry I'm not sure what you mean. They were historically used weren't they?
Correct me if I'm wrong but at the moment it seems the only way we can incorporate SS units into the standalone scenarios is if we open the scens in the Editor and delete a bunch of ordinary Wehrmacht units and replace them with SE units which have better combat capabilities, and rename them "Waffen-SS".
Slitherine is in business to make money, not to be historically accurate. The are based in the UK
Their official position is SS ? What SS ?

For a longer take on the topic go to youTube and type in "i was not a Nazi polka'. By the Michell Trio, Who had John Denver as a member. Yes THAT John Denver. The song is real and a parody.

The easiest way to use SS units is Nico's equipment file. It includes SS units with better specs and higher cost. You have to buy them, or upgrade to them at full cost, they have their own upgrade paths. They use the SE icons but are not SE.

My post 'How to install Mods for Dummies' has it, and instructions on how to install it without overwriting [for DLCs anyway]. Will work on Mac.
http://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtop ... 21&t=85316

Edit: if are trying to place them in a custom scenario, I think you will have to replace the equip file in your main Data folder for the editor to see the SS unit.
You will have to experiment.
When playing a standalone mod scenario the game may look into your main Data folder, for a mod campaign it looks first in the Data folder with the mod campaign file.
Have I confused you enough?
There comes a time on every project when it is time to shoot the engineer and ship the damn thing.

PoorOldSpike

Post by PoorOldSpike » Wed May 16, 2018 5:18 am

Thanks guys I'm getting back into Pz Corps because I've got a hankering to bust SS ass..:)
Hey kiddoes, I'm calling you out-

KeldorKatarn
Lieutenant Colonel - Panther D
Lieutenant Colonel - Panther D

Post by KeldorKatarn » Wed May 16, 2018 9:29 am

Yeah.. so fun killing 16-17 year olds that got pressed into service and didn't know better. Fun killing kids isn't it.

Honestly sometimes...
Panzer Corps - Dossier Tool - http://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=121&t=39151
Epic Chronological Let's Play - https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLb_qLVfViPTbD7C7gN8cVOxG_mEgDYO91

PoorOldSpike

Post by PoorOldSpike » Thu May 17, 2018 9:05 pm

The "kids" were Nazi fanatics and were killing Allied troops in Normandy, so I'd like to give them a clip round the ear even if you wouldn't..:)

dalfrede

Post by dalfrede » Fri May 18, 2018 1:30 am

KeldorKatarn wrote:Yeah.. so fun killing 16-17 year olds that got pressed into service and didn't know better. Fun killing kids isn't it.
Honestly sometimes...
Wikipedia wrote: The 3rd SS Panzer Division "Totenkopf" (German: 3. SS-Panzerdivision "Totenkopf")[1] was one of 38 divisions of the Waffen-SS of Nazi Germany during World War II. Its name, Totenkopf means "death's head" in German) and it is thus sometimes referred to as the Death's Head Division.

Prior to achieving division status, the formation was known as Kampfgruppe (battlegroup) "Eicke". Most of the division's initial personnel belonged to the SS-Totenkopfverbände (concentration camp guards), and others were members of German militias that had committed war crimes in Poland
Mitchell Trio wrote:I was not a Nazi Polka
- Did you not think Adolf great?
- I did not, Adolf who?
- Adolf who?
- Ja, Adolf who?
- Fritz, you're putting me on.
- Was bedeutet dieses 'putting me on'?
- Are you kidding me or something?
- Nein, I'm not kidding you. Adolf who?
- Adolf Hitler!
- Should I know him? Is he a folksinger?
- You don't remember?
- Nein, I don't remember him. Who was he?
- Well...
/sarc off

VPaulus
Slitherine
Slitherine

Post by VPaulus » Fri May 18, 2018 9:09 am

Thread locked

Return to “Panzer Corps”