Sealion 41

PC : Turn based WW2 goodness in the mold of Panzer General. This promises to be a true classic!

Moderators: Slitherine Core, Panzer Corps Moderators, Panzer Corps Design

codman
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA

Sealion 41

Post by codman » Thu Jun 21, 2018 10:11 pm

Looking for some tips on the original campaign for Sealion 41. Playing on FM and unfortunately most of my units have only 1 star of experience. For the opening turn I've tried to weaken the British capital ship directly across from Calais and block the rest of the British fleet from interfering as I try to swarm ashore around Dover. I also send FJ units to grab the far western objective but somehow turn 14 comes too quickly and I have to settle for a marginal.
So far I'm trying to land all my units (except for the FJ) around Dover after knocking out the radar station to the north.
My invasion force consists of 2 strategic bombers, 2 tactical planes, 3 fighters, 5 tanks, 5 artillery, 1 pioneer, 2 krads and 4 wehr infantry.

Any suggestions or ideas would be appreciated.

Thanks - Codman

captainjack
Colonel - Fallschirmjäger
Colonel - Fallschirmjäger

Re: Sealion 41

Post by captainjack » Fri Jun 22, 2018 12:05 am

It's a while since I played Sealion. Dover/Calais coast should be very heavily defended as it was the shortest route across, but if I remember correctly attacking further west can be useful.

sn0wball
Master Sergeant - Bf 109E
Master Sergeant - Bf 109E

Post by sn0wball » Fri Jun 22, 2018 6:24 am

Buy additional strategic bombers. Once you have destroyed most British fighters or the capital ships move out from the cover of AA or fighters, even a He111 will destroy a battleship two or three attacks. They are cheap and disposable. Also, as you have tried, use FJ, preferrably in a group of three. With their high Ini two can destroy the unit defending a city hex while the third moves in.

braccada
Staff Sergeant - StuG IIIF

Post by braccada » Fri Jun 22, 2018 8:28 am

You have to split your forces a bit. I usually send a small force to the northeastern corner by sea, land the main force in the center (a bit spread out) and optionally you can send Fallschirmjäger to an additional target. It is enough to block them from buying reinforcements. If you need more tips, here is how to do it five turns ahead of time: https://youtu.be/F4YTx2nE-XY
Follow my Grand Let's Play series: Rommel, Manstein and Guderian
http://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=145&t=53035

codman

Post by codman » Sun Jun 24, 2018 9:47 am

braccada wrote:You have to split your forces a bit. I usually send a small force to the northeastern corner by sea, land the main force in the center (a bit spread out) and optionally you can send Fallschirmjäger to an additional target. It is enough to block them from buying reinforcements. If you need more tips, here is how to do it five turns ahead of time: https://youtu.be/F4YTx2nE-XY
Thanks for the link and your suggestions worked great. FJ units to the west and north, with a Pz IV I managed to slip between the western radar stations during overcast and rain. A small eastern fleet for the objective in the upper right corner. Everyone else slogged through London. I did get some help from the AI as it would come out of a defensive position to attack and the lack of entrenchment made it easier to eliminate.

Thanks again - Cod

braccada

Post by braccada » Wed Jun 27, 2018 8:21 am

Your welcome! And giving them room for counter attacks often is a very effective strategy. Works wonders against more aggressive enemies :)
Follow my Grand Let's Play series: Rommel, Manstein and Guderian
http://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=145&t=53035

turn4441
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 232 8Rad
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 232 8Rad

Post by turn4441 » Wed Jun 27, 2018 6:00 pm

At least that's the case if you're playing with the AI at level 2. At that level, they are more aggressive but will also stupidly leave a highly entrenched position in order to impale themselves on some weak bait unit backed up by artillery whereas, at level 1, you would need to spend numerous rounds of artillery/air attacks to root them out of their entrenchments which is much more costly in terms of the time required.

Return to “Panzer Corps”