Formation Structures In-Game

PC : Turn based WW2 goodness in the mold of Panzer General. This promises to be a true classic!

Moderators: Slitherine Core, Panzer Corps Moderators, Panzer Corps Design

AnalogGamer
Sergeant - 7.5 cm FK 16 nA
Sergeant - 7.5 cm FK 16 nA

Formation Structures In-Game

Post by AnalogGamer »

Greetings all,

After perusing the historical core thread, I began pondering how I actually set up and play my formations, and was wondering how others approach it.

The majority opinion seems to be that each counter is a battalion. I scale up a level and always have. It just seems more natural to think in regimental terms, with the numer of discrete units in play at any given time. This paradigm also allows me to maneuver my forces in compact, useful formations.

A division for me looks like this... 2-3x inf, 2-3x tank-a/t, 1x aa, 2-3x art. Everything can cover and support everything else. To the majority of the community, this would be a smaller Kampfgruppe, or regimental formation. I usually have two or three discrete attack routes, and can deploy two or three discrete formations or "divisions".

This way of thinking is most likely a product of my large-scale strategic gaming history(rise and fall on paper, hearts of iron on pc, etc.), and a desire to streamline my internal immersion book-keeping. :D

How do you actually deploy and fight your formations? Do you internally assign them "identities"? Do prefer a regimental or divisional outlook? Inquiring minds, and bored grogs, want to know. :)
lennis29
Sergeant Major - SdKfz 234/2 8Rad
Sergeant Major - SdKfz 234/2 8Rad

Re: Formation Structures In-Game

Post by lennis29 »

Greetings, in these two links you can find a lot of information.

viewtopic.php?f=121&t=46302

viewtopic.php?f=147&t=40391
- GerMOD
- VolksMOD
- XXIX Le PzKorps

Return to “Panzer Corps”