How to play Canterbury scenarion in "Sealion"?

PC : Turn based WW2 goodness in the mold of Panzer General. This promises to be a true classic!

Moderators: Slitherine Core, Panzer Corps Design, Panzer Corps Moderators

MonsterZero
Private First Class - Opel Blitz
Private First Class - Opel Blitz

How to play Canterbury scenarion in "Sealion"?

Post by MonsterZero »

My Luftwaffe paratroops are annihilated by air, infantry and Matilda attacks before they can accomplish anything. My core forces cannot be deployed? How to play this scenario?
hurly
Sergeant First Class - Panzer IIIL
Sergeant First Class - Panzer IIIL

Re: How to play Canterbury scenarion in "Sealion"?

Post by hurly »

Just From the Top of my Head

1) drop all troops you have immediately
2) right Next to the airport in the lower middle of the Map there is a Radar Station -- you Need to Place 2 Units Next to it then you can deploy 4 Air Units with your Next turn
3) the Area is guarded by 2 Enemy Infantry, pound them with your Arty and attack the surpressed One, Let the other One attack you. Should be gone quickly
4) there is a Hangar slightly to the Northwest of the Airport, destroy it and you get an aux Matilda
5) choose your 4 Air Units - i would recommend 4 Fighters
5) Blow the RAF out of the Air --- it has 2 Hurricanes, 1 Beaufighter and 2 Bombers
6) once you have Air Superiority you can Exit the Fighters in the lower left Corner of the Map, Replace them with Bombers
7) Bomb the Matildas and the 2 Units defending the Left Bridge in the Middle of the Map
8) once you eliminated the Tanks and the Bridge Defenders Bomb the Pillbox North of the other Bridge to weaken it (not really necessary if you choose to drop a para, but helpful nonetheless and you won't have enough targets that makes sense at the time anyway. Avoid to Bomb the Pillbox to the South of the Bridge cause you might get into the Range of enemy AA)
9) there is a derrick and 2 Hangar Close to the Left Bridge, if you have a little Bit of Time destroy these for Bonus Prestige.
10) don't bother to fight in the city or other unnecessary Side Shows
11) to get the final Victory Hex on the Right Bridge you can either Sweep around the Pillboxes North of the River or drop a para right in there
Both approaches Work, but don't drop the Para before the Final Turn to Max out Awarded Prestige and you won't have to Deal with counterattacks

Only the 4 Air Units you can deploy are Core Units so use them with Care. Also One of the Paks is a Keeper if it Survives .
All other Units are Auxiliaries so don't hesitate to sacrifice them, later is better then sooner or you might lose some Punch.

A rather Easy Scenario once you get a Grip of the Setup.

Return to “Panzer Corps”