Choppy scrolling

PC : Turn based WW2 goodness in the mold of Panzer General. This promises to be a true classic!

Moderators: Slitherine Core, Panzer Corps Design, Panzer Corps Moderators

Epperaliant
Sergeant - 7.5 cm FK 16 nA

Re: Choppy scrolling

Post by Epperaliant »

Here's my dxdiag :cry:
Attachments
DxDiag.zip
(13.99 KiB) Downloaded 65 times
Epperaliant

Post by Epperaliant »

Also, is there any way to brute force v-sync?
zakblood
Most Active User 2017
Most Active User 2017

Post by zakblood »

Operating System: Windows 10 Pro 64-bit (10.0, Build 17134) (17134.rs4_release.180410-1804)
Language: ******* (Regional Setting: ********) < is this correct or have you edited it?

Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-6600K CPU @ 3.50GHz (4 CPUs), ~3.5GHz
Memory: 8192MB RAM

Card name: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660
Display Memory: 6044 MB
Dedicated Memory: 1998 MB
Shared Memory: 4045 MB
Current Mode: 1360 x 768 (32 bit) (60Hz)
Monitor Model: SAMSUNG
Monitor Id: SAM0530
Native Mode: 1360 x 768(p) (60.015Hz)
Driver Date/Size: 10/10/2018 date upto date

Realtek High Definition Audio
Date and Size: 16/05/2017 old version, but not much of an issue

and yes there's a lot of app crashes on AppCrash_PanzerCorps.exe so something is conflicting, but what is anyone guess, for me i'd do a wipe and reinstall and add in all the pre requisites as well and see if it worked better on a new install, if it didn't, but that's just me i'd reinstall windows from scratch, and not a upgrade, just grab the latest ISO and download it, place it onto a USB thumb drive and reinstall and wipe the old version first, eg remove the partition and let windows makes it's own new one, then again that's my answer to anything when a conflict is about
zakblood
Most Active User 2017
Most Active User 2017

Post by zakblood »

I am on windows 10, already tried all compatibility modes, windowed full screen, no cache and messing with Nvidia panel.
games works fine with none of this needed and works out of the box, eg the install with no settings which need altering, compatibility wise or Nvidia etc

so check your AV logs and see if that's stopping anything or conflicting, as it will be logged etc, but apart from that, unless a developer chips in with something else, all i'd do is empty your start up and run the game with nothing else running, like in safemode, and if it works correctly then you have no hardware issues, if it doesn't, you do, it's really that simple, as you have more than enough to run the game with issues on windows 10, unless you have a error in windows, or are running something else in the background which conflicts, without know what you run, that's a harder one to sort as well,...

what you can try, is take off mouse trails if you have it on, makes sure no USB devices are installed, eg plugged in, extra ones like space mice, controllers etc and retry.

i use a high end gaming mouse of my gaming rig, which does have a higher than normal DPI, which causes issues with some games, as mostly i'm using my test pc here so far it's never been an issue, but some mice, none standard ones do cause issue, this again isn't game related, it's hardware, so something else to think on, same as anything driver related, bad drivers for devices cause errors in some games and not others, that's life, one is sound blaster, others are early versions of razor drivers, which weren't windows 10 compatible, so newer compatible drivers are needed, which helped
Epperaliant

Post by Epperaliant »

Good point on the safe mode, will try that tomorrow.

I also installed the 1.31 hotfix from the forum.
Epperaliant

Post by Epperaliant »

Tried safe mode, game actually runs worse.

As I already said, significant improvement was gained by running the game as admin, and also trying that reduced overlay from the steam thread, it significantly decreased choppiness while selecting aircraft while using those smaller movement png images.

By the way, the issues get much worse by scrolling DIAGONAL.
Epperaliant

Post by Epperaliant »

Now it looks like I have a memeory leak too, even the animations gets progressively choppier with more time played.

and I even bought the DLCs :(
Epperaliant

Post by Epperaliant »

"This game doesn't look that good, but at least it will run perfectly and I won't have to spend days to mess with settings and workarounds to get an acceptable performance...I think I'll pay the steep price and enjoy some stress-free gaming during the few precious free time I got from work."

That was me a month ago :(
Moniker
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by Moniker »

Try posting in the Tech Support area in top section of page. You might receive additional help there.
zakblood
Most Active User 2017
Most Active User 2017

Post by zakblood »

if there were a memory leak, don't you think it would be affecting other players and not just your own setup?

Tech support or full staff support by a ticket will give you the same answer but by all means try, i may have overlooked something so a fresh pair of eyes might just suggests something new which helps, good luck
Epperaliant

Post by Epperaliant »

Thanks guys, I really appreciate your help.

Return to “Panzer Corps”