Victory Condition Logic and Goldap

PC : Turn based WW2 goodness in the mold of Panzer General. This promises to be a true classic!

Moderators: Slitherine Core, Panzer Corps Moderators, Panzer Corps Design

huckc
Master Sergeant - U-boat
Master Sergeant - U-boat

Victory Condition Logic and Goldap

Post by huckc »

So got an unexpected marginal victory in Goldap ('45 East) then pulled up the scenario file to see why.

Does it check from top to bottom, going with the first match? So in my case I only satisfied the bottom decisive condition but also the marginal, the latter getting hit first since it's on top and returns that one hypothetically. If so that can't be the intent of the designer for this scenario can it?

Or I can be dumb and completely missing something obvious of course.
TSPC37730
Sergeant First Class - Elite Panzer IIIL
Sergeant First Class - Elite Panzer IIIL

Re: Victory Condition Logic and Goldap

Post by TSPC37730 »

The key to getting a DV in this scenario is to eliminate all of the Russian units west of the Pregel river. Did you view the map at the end of the scenario to see if there were any units you missed? I know there are some paratroops that appear in the far west, so, that's a possibility.
huckc
Master Sergeant - U-boat
Master Sergeant - U-boat

Re: Victory Condition Logic and Goldap

Post by huckc »

TSPC37730 wrote: Tue Jan 29, 2019 2:23 pm The key to getting a DV in this scenario is to eliminate all of the Russian units west of the Pregel river. Did you view the map at the end of the scenario to see if there were any units you missed? I know there are some paratroops that appear in the far west, so, that's a possibility.
Yep double checked the end screen no enemy units in zone 10.

Based on some testing my hunch is confirmed, if you destroy the last unit in zone 10 on the very last turn you'll get the marginal since that condition now becomes live being the final turn [-1, -1] and gets hit first in code presumably. If you do that prior to the final turn you will get the DV on the spot which might also be not what you want haha.

Return to “Panzer Corps”