are they the same?

PC : Turn based WW2 goodness in the mold of Panzer General. This promises to be a true classic!

Moderators: Slitherine Core, Panzer Corps Moderators, Panzer Corps Design

hugh2711
Sergeant Major - Armoured Train
Sergeant Major - Armoured Train

are they the same?

Post by hugh2711 » Tue Sep 10, 2019 3:29 pm

Can anyone tell me is the 'rush to moscow' in the basic campaign the same as 'moscow 41' just at a different timeline. Are all the starting positions, units etc exactly the same or are they 2 similar but actually distinct scenarios. thanks for info.

faos333
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Re: are they the same?

Post by faos333 » Tue Sep 10, 2019 5:59 pm

We are talking about the so called the vanila campaign, it has been some time I played this one, so I might no be totally correct.

In 1941 the map is similar to 43, but entrenchment characteristings of russian units are different and starting positions different. All in all 41 is much tougher to get a decisive victory, than 43.

Also you have to face lots of snow. Consider buying some artillery very handy in the final turns

George_Parr
Lance Corporal - SdKfz 222
Lance Corporal - SdKfz 222

Post by George_Parr » Wed Sep 11, 2019 5:13 pm

They are two seperate scenerarios sharing the same map. If you take the Rush to Moscow one you have the easier path, because the Soviets haven't managed to setup up defenses and dig in yet. Haven't played them in ages, but I think there were less units arounds. The weather should be better as well. First going after Kiev and then the Moscow 41 scenario is quite a bit harder.

goose_2
Tournament Organizer of the Year 2017
Tournament Organizer of the Year 2017

Post by goose_2 » Wed Sep 11, 2019 5:25 pm

George_Parr wrote:
Wed Sep 11, 2019 5:13 pm
They are two seperate scenerarios sharing the same map. If you take the Rush to Moscow one you have the easier path, because the Soviets haven't managed to setup up defenses and dig in yet. Haven't played them in ages, but I think there were less units arounds. The weather should be better as well. First going after Kiev and then the Moscow 41 scenario is quite a bit harder.
Rush to Moscow is much much easier than Moscow 41, but you miss on unit grinding and prestige building in Kiev. So if you are kicking butt and want to rush to America go to rush, but if you want to build up the experience on your units ...go to Kiev
goose_2
Lutheran Multiplayer Tournament Organizer. :-)

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCRHQShaOv5PWoer6cP1syLQ

Return to “Panzer Corps”