BABY UPDATE

PC : Turn based WW2 goodness in the mold of Panzer General. This promises to be a true classic!

Moderators: Slitherine Core, Panzer Corps Moderators, Panzer Corps Design

goose_2
Tournament Organizer of the Year 2017

BABY UPDATE

Post by goose_2 »

I know this is not game related, but I have to share as this is just crazy!?!

Hey Hey My Peeps,

Ok this is just crazy!!!!

We are now back from the hospital after our stay there. We now have a birth story that out does Oliver's story, and any of our other kids birth stories by a lot.

If you didn't know Oliver was a rare birth indeed. We did our best to go up at the last minute, but when we got up to the delivery area, Carrie slowed down. So the Doctor tried to stir things up by breaking Mom's water, but found himself unable to do it, but instead really angered Carrie with the prodding. So Oliver came out in his sac. We called him our bag boy, and that is extremely rare, especially nowadays.

Well I went to work on Friday asking my wife if today was going to be the day, she said no, so I drove to work. (I had to take the van because our Dart van was not going because our van driver was going to go sky diving. Yikes!)

So when I get to work, my wife calls me early in the morning letting me know that she is leaking fluid, but nothing is really happening yet. This means the baby is coming just maybe not today, but soon for sure. She proceeds to continue to teach school when her water breaks completely. Eeeeewwwww! Mommie, did you pee on the floor? No, Mommie is just going to have a baby today. She calls and lets me know, but again says not to come home yet because things are not really progressing that fast, but to get ready for when they do. I set everything up so I can jet out of my job as soon as I get the call. At about 1:30, I get the call so I jet out and rush home. Thankfully grabbing a full tank of gas before I get home. When I get home I quick eat lunch, and she tells me that she doesn't think we can wait for her mother and to grab towels. Towels!?! Why more than one? But I simply do as she asks and proceed to pack the van and head out calling her mother on the way, letting her know what is happening.

My wife is in a panic as the contractions are right on top of each other, and we are normally at the hospital when that happens. I tell her to breathe through it and everything is fine, we will make it. She is not so confident. I am calm, but once we hit the interstate she becomes increasingly agitated as we begin to hit rush hour traffic. Then she takes off her seat belt, and finally admits to me that she doesn't think we will make it. Now, I become a little frightened. I asked her if she wanted me to go to the West Des Moines Methodist, but was unsure how to get there. She pushed the seat back and I said, "Breathe through it!"

"THERE IS NO BREATHING THROUGH THIS!!!"

My beautiful wife of 8 beautiful children proceeds to push out our 9th child right there in the van as we are about to hit the Jordan Creek area of Des Moines! She asks me, "What do I do?!?" as it starts to come out. What can I say? What can I do!?!

Pick him up, I say as the arms flail and the baby starts to cry she puts it on her belly and instantly everything calms down as my wife just gave birth to her own baby in a van on the freeway while I am going as fast as humanly possible.

What did we have?!? We did not even look to check until about 5 minutes in she lifts her up to see that it is a girl. Little Miss Molly Mae was born at 3:27pm near the Jordan Creek exit on the way to the hospital.

I continue to go to the hospital at a more reasonable pace now as the safety of the 2 unfastened passengers becomes my greatest concern. We get to the hospital and I jump to the receptionist and let her know my wife gave birth to our child in the van. Within seconds 40 Doctors and Nurses rushed the van to help my wife and baby get to where they needed to go.

Mom and I are back safe at home learning again what the new normal is.

Blessings on your First day of Fall!

and as always...Stay Lutheran My Friends
goose_2
Lutheran Multiplayer Tournament Organizer. :-)

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCRHQShaOv5PWoer6cP1syLQ
Rag116
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Re: BABY UPDATE

Post by Rag116 »

Congrats to you and your family !!! Crazy story man, glad all went well there !
What you going to call your baseball team !
Lifever
Panzer Corps World Champion
Panzer Corps World Champion

Post by Lifever »

Got your email...

You should really start to incorporate Panzer Corps rules to master life.

Looking at your AAR:
That whole incident is exactly like Rush to Moscow about a year ago.
The most important lessons are timing, preparation and of course the right piece of equipment.
Like in Rush - a good bike with 2 stars could have gotten the job done for you... but you chose the slow van... the mission objective was not well entrenched, so you still made it.

Congratulations on a marginal victory.

Your babygirl has more hair than her father. :D
Sweet... and impressive!

All the best - enjoy the time.
PeteMitchell
Major-General - Tiger I
Major-General - Tiger I

Post by PeteMitchell »

Congratulations man, hope all is well!
Comprehensive Battlefield Europe AAR:
http://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=145&t=86481
rubyjuno
Sergeant First Class - Panzer IIIL
Sergeant First Class - Panzer IIIL

Post by rubyjuno »

Wow, massive congratulations and best wishes to all of you :D

How do you find time for Panzer Corps lol 8)
hugh2711
Sergeant Major - SdKfz 234/2 8Rad
Sergeant Major - SdKfz 234/2 8Rad

Post by hugh2711 »

congratulations
Elkarlo
Senior Corporal - Destroyer
Senior Corporal - Destroyer

Post by Elkarlo »

Congratulations. And the aar for a baby delivery is pretty awesome as well. Way to be awesome this forum
Cerberus51
Sergeant - 7.5 cm FK 16 nA
Sergeant - 7.5 cm FK 16 nA

Post by Cerberus51 »

Congratulations to both of you.
kop101
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by kop101 »

Congratulations to your family! Fantastic story, I nearly experienced the entire adventure :)
PanzerCro
Sergeant - Panzer IIC
Sergeant - Panzer IIC

Post by PanzerCro »

Congrats ! :)
goose_2

Post by goose_2 »

Thanks for all of the congrats. I have been home for 6 weeks now, enjoying time with the family and time concentrating on making content for my channel. She is doing great and I am really getting used to not working. :shock: :shock: :shock:

Better be careful. :roll: :wink:
goose_2
Lutheran Multiplayer Tournament Organizer. :-)

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCRHQShaOv5PWoer6cP1syLQ
DrkCon
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by DrkCon »

Wow, congrats! And a wonderful story to boot!
sn0wball
2nd Lieutenant - Elite Panzer IVF/2
2nd Lieutenant - Elite Panzer IVF/2

Post by sn0wball »

Congratulations!

Return to “Panzer Corps”