Friday Night Fever part 5

PC : Epic WW2 grand strategy game covering the European theatre.

Moderators: Slitherine Core, Time of Fury Design

doomtrader
Lieutenant Colonel - Fw 190A

Friday Night Fever part 5

Post by doomtrader » Fri Feb 25, 2011 9:05 pm

It is the right time to post fifth part of the Friday Night Fever.

I really hope that you enjoy my posts, so don’t be shy, post your comments, even if you just like it or not.

Motto of the today’s issue is “Stukas – the long range artillery”.
During this week, we have got discussion in the betatesters forum about possibility to capture Warsaw before historical date. One of the betas claimed it’s impossible, even if Poles will make a clear way.
As you can see at the image below, it is not true.

I was able to enter the Polish capital in turn third. However I was a assiduous student of Clausewitz, Schlieffen and Guderian. I know that for successful strategy following conditions must be meet:
- Tactical bombers used to clear the way
- Armored (and other fast) units must get into enemy lines as far as possible, at the edge of overstretching
- Supply lines must be secured
If all above is adhered, then there is a high probability to accomplish the task successfully.

During the Fall Weiss (also called Case White or September Campaign) Germans were dominant in all aspects. They have got more air power, much more fast units, and the supremacy in firepower and number of troops was so high, that they can fulfill the third principle. But in terms of the game it means, capturing cities on the way to Warsaw. Of coure sending all the Armored divisions to siege Poznan and Lodz is a mistake. This is an infantry job, and the Panzers might help only if they are crossing nearby.
Time of Fury as the real war are unforgivable. Fortunately, there is a forum and load game option.

So to sum up the most basic strategy, this is what you should do if you would like to end Fall Weiss very quick:
1. Send all your bombers to clear a path south of Lodz. Attack as many polish units as possible.
2. Try to destroy as many Polish units at the border using your infantry which is mostly stronger, try to attack with at least two units.
3. If you have successfully made a breach wide on four or five hexes, try to send there as many armored and motorized units as possible
4. Move as many infantry to the Poznan and Lodz as possible.
5. It is crucial to capture Lodz in turn two, if you have to, use support of your tanks in multidirectional attack, but later move them forward to Warsaw.
6. Also in the first turn try to capture whole railroad between Germany and Lodz, there is a chance that on the end of turn 2 connection will be estabilished.
7. At the beginning of turn three, Warsaw should be in range of Armored units. Try to soften some of the units in Warsaw and next to it.
8. You should be able to move your troops to Warsaw at the end of turn 3 or 4 at the latest.

I’m hoping this will help you in successfully accomplish of your first campaign. Good luck.

Razz1
Panzer Corps Moderator
Panzer Corps Moderator

Post by Razz1 » Fri Feb 25, 2011 11:01 pm

Is there any way to make those icons clearer?

Like GG did in world at War Divided. I think it was that game that had a Gold circle as a base for those units.

The center of the base was clear.

I have a hard time distinguishing the icons from the map. A new base would make it work.

Other people have commented on the depth perception using those icons.

EDIT: It's the men that are the problem. The other icons are ok.

doomtrader

Post by doomtrader » Sat Feb 26, 2011 7:35 am

I don't have save game from that play anymore, but have you been thinking about something like that?

Razz1
Panzer Corps Moderator
Panzer Corps Moderator

Post by Razz1 » Sat Feb 26, 2011 9:47 pm

I copied your post and put the overlay on the men.

When it is applied correctly it enhances the pieces on the terrain, especially in the woods.

http://www.photoshop.com/users/razz1234 ... 37772d709f

Return to “Time of Fury”