Different display of the units in Time of Fury

PC : Epic WW2 grand strategy game covering the European theatre.

Moderators: Slitherine Core, Time of Fury Design

doomtrader
Lieutenant Colonel - Fw 190A

Different display of the units in Time of Fury

Post by doomtrader »

In Time of Fury there are implemented couple of sets of units. Player can choose one of them or even create new ones.
This feature allows to customize everything what is controled by the player to fit into the individual taste.

Doing this is a two step procedure that can be done anytime during the game.
To do so, please follow this steps:

Open preferences menu

Open the Units tab (1) and select one of the skins (2)

Sprites - default display of units in Time of Fury, small 3D models displayed in 2D, almost every level of unit is represented by different model, so it's very easy to check the strength of the enemy with a one glance

Sprites Plus - in Time of Fury it is possible to modify not only the graphical display, but also amount/type of information displayed. Much more information shown here.

Stylized - a real masterpiece, something special for those who would like to feel like in real HQ, best works with Stylized map settings

Counters - nice and shiny counters with national or military emblem

Counters combination mod - classic counters which allows to feel like playing real boardgame, with the advantage that you don't need the whole floor for yourself

doomtrader

Post by doomtrader »

Of course those aren't all the skins implemented into the game, but what is even more important the number of possibilities is unlimited. Modification of existing skins or adding new ones is simple and easy.
anguille
2nd Lieutenant - Panzer IVF/2
2nd Lieutenant - Panzer IVF/2

Post by anguille »

I like to play with counters and the stylised map...(that's how i play Storm over the Pacific).
Rasputitsa
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 251/1
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz  251/1

Post by Rasputitsa »

Thanks for the SSs, they look good, nice to see the option to chose icons is available, the counters look good. :D
gunhojr
Sergeant - Panzer IIC
Sergeant - Panzer IIC

Post by gunhojr »

so doom is it possible to change like for example if its a png file use another picture like you can do in panzercorps im starting to experiment in this im new to it but done a few new planes for panzercorps ok i guess.but is that possible in this to change the look.
doomtrader

Post by doomtrader »

Every skin has got at least one spreadsheet for all unit types, which can be used for all countries. in the file there are all unit's types of all levels.
In some of the skins, there are also a files for specific countries, so you can create customized files for every country.
PETER123
Private First Class - Opel Blitz
Private First Class - Opel Blitz

Post by PETER123 »

Impressive variety of graphics in a game. Just another couple of examples (S.0.P. mods):

upload images

image hosting[/img]
doomtrader

Post by doomtrader »

PETER123

Really impressive work!
gunhojr
Sergeant - Panzer IIC
Sergeant - Panzer IIC

Post by gunhojr »

quit showing pictures im getting impatient j/k really thanks for pictures it looks like a great game ive been playing time of wrath to get myself ready to play time of fury.so doom is beta testing over what i mean is i asked to be invited but said wait but i rather just get the game if its almost released.

Return to “Time of Fury”