Again Russian DOW

PC : Epic WW2 grand strategy game covering the European theatre.

Moderators: Slitherine Core, Time of Fury Design

Beruldsen
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Again Russian DOW

Post by Beruldsen »

Another new game...same result...this time Russia attacked in October 1940. No questions regarding Romania popped up...though Romania was also attacked. The patch was installed.

I've started 5 or 6 games all with the same outcome...Russia attacks in the summer or fall of 1940. I should add...there is never a message that indicates they have declared war.

What keeps triggering this?
Razz1
Panzer Corps Moderator
Panzer Corps Moderator

Post by Razz1 »

Which file was replaced by your download?
Beruldsen
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

File

Post by Beruldsen »

This file...
territorial_demands_soviets_romania.xml
Beruldsen
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Finland

Post by Beruldsen »

Are you sure Finland isn't triggering the Russians to mobilize? It is the only option I've used...Finland not conceding to Russian demands...
gwgardner
Lieutenant-General - Nashorn

Post by gwgardner »

if this is ruining your game, go into the folder documents/<user>/my games/Time of Fury and find the save game folder. Edit the relations.csv file, using either notepad or openoffice calc or excel (delimiter is semi-colon), and set the USSR back at peace.
Beruldsen
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Thanks but..

Post by Beruldsen »

I'm happy to do that...but is that the intent of the game for the Russians to attack in the summer of 1940? As the Germans and Italians...I've done nothing to provoke the Russians...though the Italians did send aid to Finland.
gwgardner

Post by gwgardner »

Was supposed to happen as a result of events or player actions, but apparently it is triggering too much. If the patch to stop it isn't working, the developers will have to review it. Could be the Finland issue.
Beruldsen
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Russian DOW

Post by Beruldsen »

I would think most players would want to play (if playing as Germans) the events as they more-or-less happening in real terms...including preparing for Barbarossa. I've tried to do that...
Razz1
Panzer Corps Moderator
Panzer Corps Moderator

Post by Razz1 »

Finland is not triggering the war between Soviets and Germans.

The patch works for me and a few others have downloaded it. None of them have complained that it doesn't work.

I'm at a loss to help you, other than the fact you may not have over written the file correctly.

What is the date of the file you have?
Rasputitsa
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 251/1
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz  251/1

Re: Russian DOW

Post by Rasputitsa »

Beruldsen wrote:I would think most players would want to play (if playing as Germans) the events as they more-or-less happening in real terms...including preparing for Barbarossa. I've tried to do that...
As Axis v AI, I have been dragged into war with the Soviets in 1940, I would not want it to happen in every game, but it is a new experience to fight the war in the East as something different from standard Barbarossa. It is the wrong time of year to have to start fighting into the USSR, by the time I had finished with the French, it was September before I could start an offensive and I had to send a major part of the force South, through Lvov to save the Romanians and the oil fields.

Spectacular success in the frontier battles and got to Ploesti and Bucherest just in time, but the Romanian army is devastated and now it is snowing.

Again, I don't want this to be a standard game start every time, but the unpredictable makes the game a lot more interesting. :D

Return to “Time of Fury”