Rename units in the Editor

Open beta forum.

Moderators: Slitherine Core, The Lordz, Panzer Corps Moderators, Panzer Corps Design

Acererak
Staff Sergeant - Kavallerie

Rename units in the Editor

Post by Acererak » Mon May 30, 2011 10:38 pm

How to do it? Alt+N is not working for me.

Finnally jumped into it and finalized a Dieppe scenario. Will post some challenges in MP if anyone would like to try it.....soon. :)

Rudankort
FlashBack Games
FlashBack Games

Re: Rename units in the Editor

Post by Rudankort » Mon May 30, 2011 11:50 pm

Acererak wrote:How to do it? Alt+N is not working for me.
Shift+click on the unit.

Acererak

Post by Acererak » Tue May 31, 2011 1:22 am

Great, thanks.

Not sure how to use the Special Tiles either. What are the little tank/plane icons for? How about the yellow star? The shadowed hex?

In any case, it´s much more intuitive than I expected. I see many fan made scenarios and campaigns coming. Great job!

Rudankort
FlashBack Games
FlashBack Games

Post by Rudankort » Tue May 31, 2011 1:31 am

Acererak wrote: Not sure how to use the Special Tiles either. What are the little tank/plane icons for? How about the yellow star? The shadowed hex?
Tank/plane icons designate deployment hexes, for ground and air units respectively. Star is used to mark important VHs, like capitals. Normally a scen has just one such hex, maybe a few. This does not effect gameplay in any way, but we plan to use it in unit battle history. Shadowed hex is neutral hex, like the ones used in Norway, Stalingrad and Germany scenarios (for Sweden, Turkey and Switzerland respectively).

Hex with yello border - primary objective, with red border - secondary objective.
Acererak wrote: In any case, it´s much more intuitive than I expected. I see many fan made scenarios and campaigns coming. Great job!
Thx. :)

Acererak

Post by Acererak » Tue May 31, 2011 1:43 am

Rudankort wrote: Tank/plane icons designate deployment hexes, for ground and air units respectively.
Starting deployment only?

I noticed if you don´t place any flag in a city hex it does not serve as deployment hub for new purchased units. If you mark it as an objective it does appear with a white flag though. If you place a deployment icon for one side in one of those white flags it serves as deplyment for new units afterwards, when conquered?

Rudankort
FlashBack Games
FlashBack Games

Post by Rudankort » Tue May 31, 2011 12:22 pm

Acererak wrote: Starting deployment only?

I noticed if you don´t place any flag in a city hex it does not serve as deployment hub for new purchased units. If you mark it as an objective it does appear with a white flag though. If you place a deployment icon for one side in one of those white flags it serves as deplyment for new units afterwards, when conquered?
Deployment hexes are used in campaign for initial deployment only. Other purchases follow general rules. City without a flag is city terrain (with its corresponding combat effects), but with no ownership and so no purchases/upgrades there. To place units next to a city, you need to own it - have your flag established on it.

Return to “Panzer Corps Open Beta”