my Impressions

Open beta forum.

Moderators: Slitherine Core, The Lordz, Panzer Corps Moderators, Panzer Corps Design

hgbraun
Private First Class - Wehrmacht Inf

my Impressions

Post by hgbraun »

first look:
-graphics are great, UI simple and easy to handle
-more contrast between core units and auxiliary units would be helpful
-right-click for actions needs some time to adapt to

after tutorial & 1939-45 campaign
-left-click on enemy units for more info would make more sense to me than Alt+LMB
-at the start of a scenerio it would be helpful to know, how many turns are necessary for a decisive/minor victory -> wanted to get in the "eastern front defense branch" of the campaign, but I gave up/had not the right save-games
-small symbol if infantery-units have transport would be helpful
-had a problem with the elite-replacement-button, after moving the mouse-cursor from the supply button over the elite-replacement-button it didn't change the action immediately. clicked on it but just got supplies instead of replacements

though PG1 was great, I always thought PG2 (or PG3D in german) was the best part of the series. that's why 'd like to see more features of this in Panzer Corps.
features I miss the most:
-leaders: great feature to "identify" with your core-troops, tanks with "bridge-laying"-abilities or fighters with "all weather"-ability are just awesome.
-ranged attack of ground units other than artillery ,i.e. later tank models with a range of 2 hexes
-"overrun"-ability of tanks, in PG2 it was just limited by ammo and movement-range, but it would be great to have at least 2 or 3 "overrun"-attacks against weakened enemies
-prototype-units were a great reward for decisive victories
-more air-defense units with switchable abilities, great feature for the 88mm AA-guns with transport. but it would make sense, if all AD-units had these ability (quad-AA in ground-combat against infantry)

general suggestions
-more unit-types: though there's a wide variety already it would be great to see some more exotic german units but maybe this is an aspect for future addons or mods if the game will be this far modable
-maybe some more restraints on what unit can be bought. I immediately changed all tanks to panther/tiger/tiger2 when they became available. makes it too easy and somewhat historically inaccurate

performance
-no issues with that on my notebook
CPU: core i7 620M
RAM: 4GB
GPU: nvidia nvs3100

sorry for any uncomprehensable writing

greetings from germany
Rudankort
FlashBack Games
FlashBack Games

Re: my Impressions

Post by Rudankort »

Thanks for feedback!
hgbraun wrote: -left-click on enemy units for more info would make more sense to me than Alt+LMB
But then, how to invoke info for your own units which are selected with left button?
hgbraun wrote: though PG1 was great, I always thought PG2 (or PG3D in german) was the best part of the series. that's why 'd like to see more features of this in Panzer Corps.
features I miss the most:
-leaders: great feature to "identify" with your core-troops, tanks with "bridge-laying"-abilities or fighters with "all weather"-ability are just awesome.
-ranged attack of ground units other than artillery ,i.e. later tank models with a range of 2 hexes
-"overrun"-ability of tanks, in PG2 it was just limited by ammo and movement-range, but it would be great to have at least 2 or 3 "overrun"-attacks against weakened enemies
-prototype-units were a great reward for decisive victories
-more air-defense units with switchable abilities, great feature for the 88mm AA-guns with transport. but it would make sense, if all AD-units had these ability (quad-AA in ground-combat against infantry)
Some PG2 features do not fit PzC scale and I don't think they suit gameplay either. Thus, on PzC scale no tank can shoot across several hexes. Besides, ranged tanks can easily shoot entrenched infantry in cities with no harm to themselves - while we spefcifically wanted to stress that tanks were not the best tools for such tasks.

On the other hand, we do plan to have heroes and bonus units (SS units in case of germany) which closely resemble leaders and prototypes in PG2.
hgbraun

Post by hgbraun »

But then, how to invoke info for your own units which are selected with left button?
maybe double-click. for me an interface that can be operated with just the mouse would be more comfortable. but I already adapted to Alt+LMB
Some PG2 features do not fit PzC scale and I don't think they suit gameplay either. Thus, on PzC scale no tank can shoot across several hexes. Besides, ranged tanks can easily shoot entrenched infantry in cities with no harm to themselves - while we spefcifically wanted to stress that tanks were not the best tools for such tasks.
this of course makes sense, but I just liked the idea of the improving technology during the years of war. but I also can live with just the range of 1 hex.
On the other hand, we do plan to have heroes and bonus units (SS units in case of germany) which closely resemble leaders and prototypes in PG2.
that's great news. brings some roleplay-feeling into the game.
Rudankort
FlashBack Games
FlashBack Games

Post by Rudankort »

hgbraun wrote: this of course makes sense, but I just liked the idea of the improving technology during the years of war. but I also can live with just the range of 1 hex.
Well, with improving technology your tanks get much higher initiative ratings, which models their superior range and gives them a lot of advantage in combat. Tigers and Panthers are still strong, even with no 2 hex range, and I'm sure you will want to have some of them in your core, when they become available. ;)

Return to “Panzer Corps Open Beta”