Difficulty level question

Open beta forum.

Moderators: Slitherine Core, The Lordz, Panzer Corps Moderators, Panzer Corps Design

VPaulus
Slitherine
Slitherine

Difficulty level question

Post by VPaulus »

This is a kind of noob question, but I've been always playing as Colonel, which I suppose is equivalent to Normal.
What i really would like to know is what changes with the different levels. I know it will in terms of challenging be harder, but is the AI better, or what is tone up when you choose for example a higher level?
Thanks.
IainMcNeil
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by IainMcNeil »

Alex is the only one who knows the details but in general AI unit sizes get larger, they get more prestige and I think they are more aggressive.
hawkeye147
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by hawkeye147 »

I was just going to ask the same question as the only obvious change I have noticed is the enemy unit size.

I am sure it will be in the manual but would it be possible to have a pop up when you choose the difficulty level telling you what the changes are?
IainMcNeil
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by IainMcNeil »

No we dont want to actually spell it out to the player. We want people to try the easier settings and then find one that works for them. If we tell people what the settings are exactly they tend to pick ones that are harder as they dont think the AI should have a disadvantage and this can make tehgame too hard. It is the same reason we dont name them easy, normal hard. Most people dont want to play on easy as it makes them feel dumb, even if they woudl have more fun on easy.

So basically its not going to be spelt out to players by design.
VPaulus
Slitherine
Slitherine

Post by VPaulus »

I understand that. I only wanted to know in generic terms not specific.

Return to “Panzer Corps Open Beta”