DLC text errors

Open beta forum.

Moderators: Slitherine Core, The Lordz, Panzer Corps Moderators, Panzer Corps Design

Soldberg
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 251/1
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz  251/1

DLC text errors

Post by Soldberg » Tue Feb 14, 2012 1:56 pm

The following list is not exhaustive. All errors found are based on the original final English versions of the DLC.

DLC 1: GC39

Danzig Corridor South D_loss.pzbrf
The file name structure of "Danzig Corridor South D_loss.pzbrf" is incorrect... correct: "Danzig Corridor SouthD_loss.pzbrf"

Scenario: Danzig Corridor North & South
- STRING19 - false or incorrect name: Direchau does not exist, the place is called Dirschau
- STRING22 - Schneidemuhl or Schneidemühl do exist, but not at the point where the string is set... It could instead "Falkenburg" or Tempelburg meant to be ... The "real" Schneidemühl (Pila today) is STRING27...
- STRING43 - false or incorrect name: Elbag does not exist, the city - once known under its German name Elbing - called correctly Elbląg
- STRING47 - false or incorrect name: Osle does not exist, the village - formerly known under its German name Osche - called correctly Osie

Scenario: Lillehammer
- STRING24 - false or incorrect name: Vigrom does not exist, the place is called Vingrom

Scenario: Lodz
- STRING25 - false or incorrect name: Piotrkow Trynubalski does not exist, the place is called Piotrkow Trybunalski

Scenario: Wyszogrod & Kampinsoka Forest
- STRING37 - false or incorrect name: Turskaw does not exist, the place is called Truskaw

DLC 2: GC40

Scenario: Albert Canal
- STRING29 - false or incorrect name: Wsterlo does not exist, the place is called Westerlo

Scenario: Amiens
- STRING43 - false or incorrect name: Breteul does not exist, the place is called Breteuil

Scenario: Calais
- STRING29 - false or incorrect name: Vielle-Eglise does not exist, the place is called Vieille-Église

Scenario: Dunkirk
- STRING19 - false or incorrect name & Flagge: Nieuport does not exist, the place is called Nieuwpoort and is one of Belgium, not France
- STRING20 - false flag: Veurne is one of Belgium, not France
- STRING26 - false flag: Vinkem is one of Belgium, not France

Scenario: Eben-Emael
- the river and canal tours (especially Albert Canal) differ significantly in comparison to the real course
- STRING24 - false or incorrect name: Noobeek does not exist, the place is called Noorbeek

Scenario: Maubeuge
- Briefing incorrect: "... at Sedan to sieze Lille", correct: "at Sedan to seize Lille"
- STRING26 - false or incorrect name: Toumai is not a place (it's a name of a apeskull found in Africa), is meant to ensure the city Tournai

Scenario: Reims
- STRING28 - false or incorrect name: Brane does not exist, the place is called Braine
- STRING30 - false or incorrect name: Fere-en-Tardenos does not exist, the place is called Fère-en-Tardenois
- STRING33 - false or incorrect name: Suppes does not exist, the place is called Suippes

Scenario: Sedan
- STRING18 - unknown name: Gaulier does not exist. It could mean Floing...
- STRING26 - false flag: Pussemange is one of Belgium, not France
- STRING30 - false flag: Alle is one of Belgium, not France
- STRING33 - false or incorrect name: Carnigan does not exist, the place is called Carignan

Scenario: The Hague
- STRING24 - false or incorrect name: Dordecht does not exist, the place is called Dordrecht

Scenario: Wassigny
- STRING27 - false or incorrect name: Origny Saint-Benoite does not exist, the place is called Origny-Sainte-Benoite
- STRING46 - false or incorrect name: La Sambrie River does not exist, the river is called Sambre

List will be expanded when needed ...
Last edited by Soldberg on Wed Feb 15, 2012 12:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

El_Condoro
Panzer Corps Moderator
Panzer Corps Moderator

Re: DLC bugs and errors

Post by El_Condoro » Wed Feb 15, 2012 12:20 am

Thanks for your efforts in putting this list together. I think the "bugs" reference in the heading should be removed, though, as these are all text related and not about problems with the game itself.

VPaulus
Slitherine
Slitherine

Post by VPaulus » Wed Feb 15, 2012 1:44 am

This thread should go to Open Beta forum.
Don't you agree, El_Condoro?

El_Condoro
Panzer Corps Moderator
Panzer Corps Moderator

Post by El_Condoro » Wed Feb 15, 2012 2:42 am

Good point. Will move.

Soldberg

Re: DLC text errors

Post by Soldberg » Wed Feb 15, 2012 12:48 pm

Sorry for bad English, but foreign languages ​​are not my thing ... I removed the "bugs"! Thank you for moving my thread to the correct theme. I did not know that it belongs to the "PC open beta."

The errors we noticed in our translation work. We are currently working on unofficial German translations for all PC DLC. In the DMP-Forum already available to the translation for GC39. GC40 will appear in the next few days ... GC41 and GC42 are work in progress...

IainMcNeil
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by IainMcNeil » Fri Feb 17, 2012 10:36 am

We've already transalted 39 & 40 to German :(

When you are done can you let me know if you are hapy for us to use your German translatiosn of 41 & 42 in the official release?

Soldberg

Post by Soldberg » Fri Feb 17, 2012 12:21 pm

Hallo Iain ...

I'm sorry that we now have two German translations of GC39 and GC40 DLC ... your official and our unofficial. But we knew nothing of these plans! We work in pairs on the translations and take about two weeks per DLC ... With a release of GC41 is the end of February to be expected. GC42 we could have finished in mid-March ... We can deliver you our translations, if you is not too late to mid-March...
Last edited by Soldberg on Fri Feb 17, 2012 12:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

mautschi
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by mautschi » Fri Feb 17, 2012 12:29 pm

Hello Guys, next to Soldberg I'm the second translator. ;)

iainmcneil wrote:We've already transalted 39 & 40 to German :(

When you are done can you let me know if you are hapy for us to use your German translatiosn of 41 & 42 in the official release?
Does this mean, you want to use our translations ?
But, remember, we are both working during the week, it will last about 2 weeks to translate a single DLC.

IainMcNeil
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by IainMcNeil » Wed Feb 22, 2012 2:06 pm

If you have 41 & 42 translated we'll certainly review them. We'd want to stick as close to the original style as possible. If all is ok and you're happy for us to use them then I see no point in duplicating your hard work!

Delta66
Sergeant First Class - Panzer IIIL
Sergeant First Class - Panzer IIIL

Post by Delta66 » Fri Mar 09, 2012 8:32 pm

In DLC 39 the Kampinsoka forest shoul actually be the Kampinoska Forest

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kampinos_Forest

mautschi
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by mautschi » Sun Mar 11, 2012 10:51 am

iainmcneil wrote:If you have 41 & 42 translated we'll certainly review them. We'd want to stick as close to the original style as possible. If all is ok and you're happy for us to use them then I see no point in duplicating your hard work!
DLC 41 + 42 are translated... Now we have to optimize our texts, it will last approximately 1-2 weeks...

zappel
Master Sergeant - U-boat
Master Sergeant - U-boat

Post by zappel » Sat Aug 18, 2012 7:22 pm

IainMcNeil wrote:We've already transalted 39 & 40 to German :(
Is the german version of GC39 and GC40 (and the others) available?

Return to “Panzer Corps Open Beta”