DLC '44 #4: Strachwitz Offensive

Open beta forum.

Moderators: Slitherine Core, The Lordz, Panzer Corps Moderators, Panzer Corps Design

VPaulus
Slitherine
Slitherine

DLC '44 #4: Strachwitz Offensive

Post by VPaulus » Sat Mar 24, 2012 2:39 pm

Please post here your comments about this scenario.

produit
Staff Sergeant - Kavallerie

Re: DLC '44 #4: Strachwitz Offensive

Post by produit » Sun Mar 25, 2012 10:50 am

Pursuing my campaign, preset core, FM.
DV on turn 17/22, capturing every VH.
Ending prestige 3643

At the beginning of the scenario, prestige was still very thin. However, it became better during this scenario. It is interesting to go to the offensive again.
An interesting point is that the front is wide, but you units limited. As a result, you really have to take care of your artillery and infantry. It changes a lot with 43 DLC, were there was a sufficient amount of tanks to protect everything.

There is a point not so interesting with this map: the VH located on bridges. That means that the AI will always try to put a unit on the bridge. As a result, if keep units near the bridge without taking it, the AI will always move a unit on it, resulting in a turkey shot... It is so much easier to wait 2-3 turns that entrenched units leave their entrenchment to come on the bridge. As a result, the mission was quite easy, given the number of bridges were the suicidal AI units will come to get shot.
Last edited by produit on Tue Mar 27, 2012 9:14 am, edited 1 time in total.

charonjr

Post by charonjr » Sun Mar 25, 2012 10:36 pm

Rommel - pre-build core

Starting with 3.7k prestige, down to 1.4k after selective reinforcements (artillery/bombers/SE Panzer).

OKW has send me another SE tank, PZ IIIJ/1 this time. I sell off one of my SE Grenadiere to have room for another SE Panzer, leaving me with 1.8k prestige.

After upgrading 2 SE Panzer to Tiger I and Panther G as well as upgrading all my Panther A to G I am left with 0.4k prestige and finally 15 prestige after buying my 2 15cm better transports.

By turn 6 I controlled the western side of all the bridges with only a few Soviet units remaining on the western side of the Navra.

Around turn 10 the Soviets seem to run out of steam and send even their AT guns onto the bridge in some cases. Due to this I start to attack across the river at turn 11.

Lost my recon to a new enemy wave at turn 15 - it got shot by a T34 and a ISU-152, no chance despite being covered by 2 artillery pieces.

DV at 22/22 with 3.1k prestige, but a couple of fairly beat up units.

Overall a nice scenario, maybe a bit to easy due to the AI killing itself happily on the bridges, but this is a old problem. There were a bit more bombers than I would have expected from the briefing, but it was still ok.

Zhivago
Master Sergeant - Bf 109E
Master Sergeant - Bf 109E

Post by Zhivago » Tue Mar 27, 2012 1:04 am

DV at turn 12/22 on FM strength. I enjoyed the map and the battle, but there could have been more resistance west of the river.

Longasc
Lieutenant Colonel - Panther D

Post by Longasc » Sat Mar 31, 2012 1:22 pm

2327 Starting Prestige, FM with 1944 DLC Core.
1746 after repairs etc.

Let's see. (WIP)

Longasc

Post by Longasc » Sun Apr 01, 2012 10:24 am

Uh, doesn't look good. Lost many units. OK I made a mistake by trying to attack in the rear with 2 Tigers and 2 StuG IV.
Didn't think there would be so many powerful soviet units at the river.

http://www.filedropper.com/strachwitzoffensive

Too hard for me. Will have to try new tactics and stuff but honestly don't have the motivation and time at the moment.
This is my unconditional surrender already in 1944, sorry. :?

Return to “Panzer Corps Open Beta”