AK: Dash to the Wire

Open beta forum.

Moderators: Slitherine Core, The Lordz, Panzer Corps Design, Panzer Corps Moderators

Resolute
Sergeant First Class - Panzer IIIL
Sergeant First Class - Panzer IIIL

Re: AK: Dash to the Wire

Post by Resolute » Mon Jul 23, 2012 10:23 pm

The only thing which I don't like about this map is the vague location of those hangars. I lost my recon early on and I had a really hard time finding those buildings.

LostAgain
Senior Corporal - Destroyer
Senior Corporal - Destroyer

Post by LostAgain » Mon Jul 23, 2012 11:47 pm

I've played this scenario 3 times now, and it was only on the third time while I was reviewing the battlefield that I finally saw the wire that the title refers to. I may be alone in this but I had wondered up to that time why it was called Dash to the Wire. Perhaps the wire could be made a little more prominent?

Rudankort
FlashBack Games
FlashBack Games

Post by Rudankort » Tue Jul 24, 2012 6:51 am

LostAgain wrote:I've played this scenario 3 times now, and it was only on the third time while I was reviewing the battlefield that I finally saw the wire that the title refers to. I may be alone in this but I had wondered up to that time why it was called Dash to the Wire. Perhaps the wire could be made a little more prominent?
AFAIR, the wire was added only in beta 3, so no surprise you did not see it before. ;)

uran21
Panzer Corps Map Designer

Post by uran21 » Fri Jul 27, 2012 5:23 pm

At this point, Beta 4, this scenario in overall should have more clear messages, better timing of messages, wire terrain overlays and different icons for supply dumps. Rewarding extras use hangar icon for differentiation.

ivanov
Sergeant Major - Armoured Train
Sergeant Major - Armoured Train

Post by ivanov » Sat Jul 28, 2012 2:21 am

I had all the victory hexes captured and the three supply dumps destroyed around 15 turn, but game lasted unitl the last turn ( the the DV was announced ). There was also no prestige bonus for the destruction of the dumps.

Note: I still played on beta3, so maybe it has been already corrected.
Mickey Mouse

\m/ \m/

uran21

Post by uran21 » Sat Jul 28, 2012 6:29 am

This scenario is designed to be played to the last turn. Although player starts first it is actually some form of defensive scenario (Operation Crusader) and even if you had all objectives AI will in this way have a chance to try to capture it more than once. For example Tobruk garrison will try to breach later on as well as some other units will try to go to capture that hexes from other direction (if they are still alive). So it plays as intended in this respect.

Kamerer
2nd Lieutenant - Elite Panzer IVF/2

Post by Kamerer » Sat Jul 28, 2012 4:16 pm

Dash to the Wire – Beta 4
Level: Field Marshal
Begin Prestige: 2,600. End: 2,600. Net: 0.
Result: DV at 18/18.

- Message – turn 2, “near THE frontier wire.”
- 2nd message is worded incorrectly, too. Maybe:

“Hurry troops to the assembly area, or the opportunity will pass!”

Otherwise, the scenario played well, looked good. The two prizes were nice. The timing of the messages seemed good. tough, fun scenario now.

Razz1
Panzer Corps Moderator
Panzer Corps Moderator

Post by Razz1 » Sat Jul 28, 2012 10:31 pm

General
start 3894
last AT and 88 core units
end 1451
DV 18/18

Kamerer

Post by Kamerer » Tue Jul 31, 2012 9:03 pm

Dash to the Wire, RC2

Level: Rommel
Begin prest: 825. End: 875. Net +50.
Units deployed: all + 2 SE
Result:

Oh yeah, forgot to mention before: Sandstorms. Nice touch!

Also forgot to mention:

Problems:
  • 1. AI playbar – now that arty fires first, It makes the playbar go to the end. Then it resets and starts progressing again. Needs tweaking.
    2. Message in turn five says to send four units. Prior message does not say how many. Maybe “our troops” is supposed to be “four troops?”
    3. I also think that perhaps the artillery fire switch interferes with the allies’ autosave? If you have the “view combat/move” boxes off, then turn them on and reload the allies turn to see what happened, it reloads with much combat already done and never shows certain parts.
    4. Also when this happened, I had a panzer unit that was awarded a hero, but I was not notified (happened in allied turn on reload). I found it later, and am sure I got no award screen. I would have noticed it; it was an a+3. Weirdly, the same unit (SE Pz. III) got another a+3 bonus the last turn of the scenario. Very weird to get two a+3 bonuses, and in the same scenario?

ThvN
Panzer Corps Moderator
Panzer Corps Moderator

Post by ThvN » Wed Aug 01, 2012 7:44 pm

Kamerer wrote: AI playbar – now that arty fires first, It makes the playbar go to the end. Then it resets and starts progressing again. Needs tweaking.
I checked this, and it sure looks strange. When artillery fires at the start of the AI turn, the AI progress bar jumps to the end as each artillery unit fires, than back to the beginning when other units start acting.

uran21

Post by uran21 » Fri Aug 10, 2012 9:00 pm

Kamerer wrote:2. Message in turn five says to send four units. Prior message does not say how many. Maybe “our troops” is supposed to be “four troops?”
I didn't even got the message in last test. But know where the problem is. Something like four issues reported prior to release were not included because it was too late to make changes. This is one among them.

Return to “Panzer Corps Open Beta”