Grand Campaign 1939

Open beta forum.

Moderators: Slitherine Core, The Lordz, Panzer Corps Moderators, Panzer Corps Design

maho1973
Staff Sergeant - StuG IIIF

Grand Campaign 1939

Post by maho1973 »

Hello everyone,
some remarks to the first mission of GC 1939 - Poznan (Posen) german version:
1.) missing note concerning to the SE-Units in the german briefing: --> Hinweis: Das SE-Einheitenlimit für diese Kampagne ist 2. Die Erfahrungswertgrenze beträgt 225.
2.) in the victory conditions window the "ä" should be "Ä" (a capital letter) --> instead of ACHSENMäCHTE RUNDE... ===> ACHSENMÄCHTE RUNDE
3.) hex 11,9 and hex 12,14 still called "Polish Checkpoint" ---> "polnischer Kontrollpunkt" or "polnischer Grenzübergang"
4.) hex 16,15 still called "Rail Station" ---> "Bahnhof"
5.) missing tooltip concerning the prestige and prestige per turn in the upper right corner of the ui - there is only a white dot
6.) the ingame message at the beginning of round 2 has not been translated into german. It could sound like this:
"Wir senden Ihnen eine besondere Aufklärungseinheit, um Ihre Streitkräfte zu ergänzen!
Obwohl der Staffelführer dieser Einheit für den Kampf für ungeeignet gehalten worden ist, gibt es diejenigen, die glauben, dass er ungenutztes Potenzial haben könnte.
Aus diesem Grund empfehle ich Ihnen nachdrücklich, diese Aufklärungsflugeinheit nicht aufzulösen, sondern aus ihr den maximalen Nutzen in jeder kommenden Schlacht zu ziehen"
7.) the "Kradschützen" unit should be available from the beginning of the war
8.) the unit description of the granted Stuka is not translated --> "Reconnaissance Flight" ==> "Aufklärungsflug"
sgocart6298
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Re: Grand Campaign 1939 (Platek)

Post by sgocart6298 »

Upon having reached a Decisive Victory early on I had to continue clicking through the Platek scenario all the way to the end move to finally be informed of a "Decisive Victory". In other words, when I achieved a "Decisive Victory" I should have been able to move on to the next game???
sgocart6298
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Re: Grand Campaign 1939 Errrata

Post by sgocart6298 »

The post Platek Communique:

"...If you decline their offer, you and your men will instead [being] returning to Germany for some well deserved rest and refit.
Should read be
maho1973

Re: Grand Campaign 1939

Post by maho1973 »

Mission 03 - Lodz:
1.) Turn 2: ingame-message not translated --> "Besondere Verstärkungseinheit eingetroffen!"
2.) Warning message not translated --> "Es wird Ihnen dringend empfohlen, die befestigten Verteidigungsanlagen vor Lodz zu umgehen, statt sie frontal anzugreifen."
semper_fidelis
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by semper_fidelis »

The irony of receiving this BETA invite is that I just finished the 1939 campaign (again, since beta-testing it). The addition of Ruddel is both amusing and a value-add to entice us DLC owners to buy the MEGA-PACK (presuming appropriate discounts to give us credit for what we have already purchased). I am thinking to put him in an ME110C, since he stinks in a Stuka.
Kerensky
Content Designer
Content Designer

Post by Kerensky »

Rudel is actually a very special case. While other historical German heroes have obvious benefits of being multi-stat heroes, Rudel is lumped with severe negative stats. There is good reason for this though, both historical and for game play purposes too! I wonder if anyone will figure it out (probably will, as spoilers are in the changelog).
sgocart6298
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Re: Grand Campaign 1939 (Lillehammer) Errata

Post by sgocart6298 »

Post Lillehammer Communique:

"...Your first battle against the British has been [proved] to be an overwhelming victory...."

SHOULD BE [PROVEN]
maho1973

Post by maho1973 »

Mission 07 - Modlin
1.) Turn 2: ingame-message not translated --> "Besondere Verstärkungseinheit eingetroffen!"
maho1973

Post by maho1973 »

Mission 09 - Spoils of War
Xitax
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 251/1
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz  251/1

Post by Xitax »

sgocart6298 wrote:Post Lillehammer Communique:

"...Your first battle against the British has been [proved] to be an overwhelming victory...."

SHOULD BE [PROVEN]
No, this is wrong. It should be "...Your first battle against the British has [s]been[/s] proved to be an overwhelming victory...."

EDIT: Hrm, strikeout not working. You get the idea...
sgocart6298
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by sgocart6298 »

Xitax wrote:
sgocart6298 wrote:Post Lillehammer Communique:

SHOULD BE [PROVEN]
No, this is wrong. It should be "...Your first battle against the British has [s]been[/s] proved to be an overwhelming victory...."

EDIT: Hrm, strikeout not working. You get the idea...

You can use both however, proven is an adjective and proved refers back to verb (inflection). Yes,I would use "proved". I didn't want to change too much of the script. :wink:
taffjones
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by taffjones »

Not sure if this is a bug. But if I have a air unit above a ground unit, after the ground unit has fired or moved under the air unit, the air unit becomes selected automatically without me toggling between Air/Ground modes.
RichardL58
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by RichardL58 »

maho1973 wrote:7.) the "Kradschützen" unit should be available from the beginning of the war
Agree on that. Kradschützen where used mostly 1939-41 (in Poland all panzer and motorized divisions have at least one battallion of them), in 43 the last of them were upgraded into to elements of the recon battalions and where re-equipped with halftracks.
captainjack
Brigadier-General - 15 cm Nblwf 41
Brigadier-General - 15 cm Nblwf 41

Post by captainjack »

I've bought Kradschutzen units in the first scenario of DLC 39 using the [All eqp] cheat, and had become quite attached to them by 1943, when they became totally underpowered. Upgrading them into Grenadier 43 with halftracks when these become available would have been a good way to retain continuity if I'd known.

Sounds like there could be a case for making Kradschutzen available earlier and treating them as switchable recon (similar to Sahariana), with a possible upgrade to halftrack/switchable recon in 43.

Return to “Panzer Corps Open Beta”