we're pleased to announce a public beta of Panzer Corps v1.21.
You can download the patch here:
****************** THE BETA IS NOW COMPLETE AND THE FILE HAS BEEN REMOVED - TO GET THE PATCH CHECK FOR UPDATES FROM YOUR GAME MENU *************************
Please note you must have a copy of Panzer Corps already installed. The public beta is a full build that must be installed to a separate folder - if in doubt use the defaults. Do not install it on top of your normal version of the game or you will break it!
The public beta can be used along with your full version. The public beta uses test server and you will not be able to see games in the live version and vice versa.
If you see any issues please let us know by posting in this forum. Thanks for your help!
The Panzer Corps & Slitherine Team
Patch 1.21 is primarily intended to resolve the issues which people have with the game in 1.20 (we used this topic as the reference).
- Fixed advaced options in GC
- Fixed the issue with too generous hero assignment in GC
- Fixed default game layout: if the patch is installed on PzC Wehrmacht, UI will not default o Allied skin after install.
- Kamikaze units (like V weapons) no longer get to reform list.
- Fixed AK intro movie - should play correctly now if AK expansion is activated.
- When starting GC, UI skin should switch to german, unless Allies in the only installed expansion.
- Disbanding 0-strength no longer gives prestige. Disbanding understrength units (e. g. 1-strength) gives proportionally less prestige.
- The game should now display an error in case it fails to save the game (bad file name etc.)
- Replays no longer display danger dots when moving airplanes.
- If "Custom difficulty" checkbox is not checked, difficulty sliders are updated to reflect the currently selected difficulty level.
- Unlocked a few more experimental options which were used in the Allies beta, available via gamerules.pzdat file.
Code: Select all
MaxShootingStrength (default=0) # Max strength which participates in combat (any strength above this is considered reserve). 0=no limit RangeAttackPenalty (default=0) # Attack penalty per hex of range beyond 1 OverstrengthDependsOnExp (default=1) # Is overstrength connected to experience (1 point per star)? 1=yes 0=no
What to look out for
The most important thing to check is that all fixes work and no new issues are introduced. In particular, we need to make sure GC is now working with advanced settings without issues in any and all possible combinations. To implement this, I changed the code to merge gamerules settings from base game file (gamerules or gamerules114, depending on the ruleset selected) with gamerules settings from the GC campaign. Note that this logic will apply to user mods too.