Massina_nz vs Suprass- The Great War

After action reports for Commander The Great War

Moderators: Slitherine Core, The Lordz

Suprass
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 232 8Rad

Re: Massina_nz vs Suprass- The Great War (no massina please)

Post by Suprass »

19 AUG 1915

Allied have moved and linked with my possitions. I've decided to counterattack with some sucess. They have two arty in second line and a French bomber unit.

AH has stopped. My corps have ben destroyed as I suspected. Until Russia surrender AH will defend there.

Germans trying to prepare good positions to assault Riga. I hope Russians are unable to make counterattack.

Ottoman Empire push back British force to Sues Cannal. If I can close this convoy road it will be a serious blow for them. In my opinion it can cost even lost of the war so I will push hard.

2 SEP 1915

Allies made another assault. They used two arty and attack with three corps. There was a miracle that my corps survived and was able to move back and get repair (the one up frome my cavalry). I swith it with garrison. I think this poor unit will be destroyed this turn but it will give me time needed to build trench by arty. Then I will move back to unable three direction attack.

AH prepareing defence possitions.

In Russia I have killed one corps and now I wil take defence possitiuons- Germany have run out of ammo so I don't want to waste my manpower. I will try to capture poor defended cities.

Ottomans made another assault to take Sues Cannal. British corps holds at one step. If I'm correct there is fresh garrison behind cannal and it will take position of allmoust destroyd corps. It will then be difficult to brake through.
GogTheMild
Master Sergeant - Bf 109E
Master Sergeant - Bf 109E

Post by GogTheMild »

A pity that this AAR seems to have stopped. I was enjoying it.
We sleep peaceably in our beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on our behalf.
Suprass

Post by Suprass »

Sorry for delay in posting. I was busy last days and didn't have time to write.

This turns was played about week ago so I don't remember details. Sorry for that. This AAR has slipped out of my control but I'll try to fix this.

In short. The goals of this year was to defeat Russia. I think that with 1916 begining Bolshevics will start their revolution. I have sucedded in brakeing line and was able to take a lot of ground. I'm worried about one think- Russian fleet is still alive. I'll try to capture Riga but Massina keeps there art unit and it can be dificult. I have to secure western front. If I will be able I will do it with Bulgarians. Also Romania is geting closer to enter war so there will be a third frontline.
Russia can be my great victory or great defeat. Still I don't know of the result (becouse of fleet still living)

About western front- My plan to stop Allied at their possitions colapsed. French and British forces useing two arty unit and one bomber hit me hard and forced to retreat. If I would take the fight I think my losses could be grater. I had to gave some ground but I was able to mantain front line in trench. Now I can only wait. This is where I will stop and fight untill I can. After Russia colapse (if it will come) I will be able to prepare of new offensive with advantage in number.

Italian front will stop for now. My offensive couldn't do much but I wanted to try. As at western front Italian one is depend on Russia.

Now I'm starting new turn and from now I will try to update it each turn played. I won't let this end befor war is ended.

Suprass

Post by Suprass »

25 NOV 1915

Winter is comming. All is quiet except western front. French desperate try to brake Germans lines and heavy battle was notticed at Moza river(empty hex). Thousands of soldiers (two full corpses- French and German) died only to leave empty ground. I will not take this ground becouse there is a good position to counterattack and destroy another corps who occupy this field. One good thing- Alied lost 14 steps and I "only" 10. But I will one who will sufer from manpower soon... Ammo for Riga offensive was consumed by the Battle of Moza...

This map shows how Italians harras AH economy. They use baloons and Battleship. This means they dont gather ammo for offensive.

Suprass

Post by Suprass »

9 DEC 1915

French with support of two arty unit lounched another wave of infantry. This time they destroyed my corps and hold ground they've captured. My arty was attack and I had to move it back. German High command ordered counterettack with cavlary unit but my action didn't succeded in recapture ground. At last French units are deorganised so I will have one turn of quiet- I hope. I am now producing bomber unit and frome now I will build infantry reinforcement to the western front. I hope that Russians will surrender with the start of the year (this turn Tsaritsyn was captured- I have one of their capital city).

Situation at the start of turn

... and at the end (arty has been repaird to 5)
French bombers are reduced to 4 steps if I've seen correct.

Rest of the fronts are quiet.

And here are my research panels frome Germans and Austro-Hungarians.

Suprass

Post by Suprass »

23 DEC 1915

Battle for Liege. Massina start first assault on Liege. Combined attack of arty, bombers and English-French ground forces reduced german corps to 4 steps. I've swithed it with garrison. We will see if they can hold. Also Germans made counterassault to cover defence operation in the fortress.
Eastern front without hanges. I'm building Bombers for Germans and new fighter squadron fo AH. I'm prepering for long war.
All other quiet. If I will be able I will gather ammo for attack on Riga but if Allies will continue their offensive at the west I will have to forget about any attacks in the east.

Suprass

Post by Suprass »

20 JAN 1916

Last turn Alied only made some regroup moves and they were preparing for another assault. I din't take the picture. Rest was quiet.
This turn They started second assault on Liege. My garrison survived at 4 steps and I disbanded it toto take place with AH corps. I am ready for another assault now. Nothing much happend becouse I gather ammo for Riga. Germans battleship is fireing on Petrograd from three turns. I will do this untill Russia colaps or Riga will be taken.

3 FEB 1916.

Another quiet turn from Alied side. British regroup. They will surly attack next turn. I think that Massina is going to attack my garrison to gain another direction to attack Liege. I have lounch assault with use of arty. I have destroyd french corps and take the hex with cavalry, then finished second one which wasn't repaird last turn. It looks like French have some economy problems or they are prepareing something big. Germans alsoe attacked british corps with good results. My fighter squadron scouted at the end of my moves that I'm right. Alied want to take Liege from new deriction. We will see Massina's answer. If he hasn't got something in reserves he is in trouble unless grond troops go back to old possitions.

Suprass

Post by Suprass »

17 FEB 1916

As I suspected Alied attack my garrison north from Liege. It survived but I had to disband it and replace with corps from Ruhr sorrounding. I've allso take free ground and swithed cavalry with Bulgarians. Saveing ammo for further opperation.
I forget to take a picture after my moves.
Othervise quiet.

Suprass

Post by Suprass »

2 MAR 1916

Stalmate. I can't see eny chance to brake trench line in closest future. German will try once again to force Russia to surrender. Next turn I will start assault on Riga- first I will attack garrison and after I will take their possitions I will lounch general assault on the city. If I will suceed I will turn my atantion to Romania. I will have to use there one art so I've started to build third for Germans. If this half of the year will not bring any hope for brakethrue western lin I will start bombing france.

Suprass

Post by Suprass »

16 MAR 1916

Assult on Riga halted... Just befor starting attack I saw that there will be mustard gas research in two turns and aerial coordination for arty for four turns. I will wait until at last mustard gas to surprise Russians.
French almoust destroyd Bulgarians corps so I had to disband it. If Alied have something in reservs I can be in trouble. First bombs dropped on Paris.
British also try to change somethig at Sues Canal... is this mean no real ofensive in western front? They lounched ground attack with arty cover from land and sea. We will see what will happen. I think there is not enough to brake mu lines.

Romenia will enter war soon. I hope I'm ready. AH arty has been moved to support attack on Bucharest. Also AH fighter squadron can give assist if needed.
Suprass

Post by Suprass »

30 MAR 1916

Nothing special. German corps near Liege has been boombed so I sent it to the fortress. AH corps take it's possition. Rest is quiet...

13 APR 1916

French and British lounch attack. They destroyd AH corps. They attacked arty unit too. This is another month of Battle for Liege. It looks like Alied want to bleed us out.

They will have to pay for this. German bomber droped their cargo at French arty. I've also upgraded and repair German arty. I will fight for evry inch.

All is set. Arty is upgraded and German units waiting for order to lounch attack. I hope this will be my final push in Russia.
Cybvep
Lieutenant Colonel - Panther D

Post by Cybvep »

Still very exciting. Russia is certainly able to take a lot of punishment! Actually, they resemble Russia from WWII, not the fragile country from WWI. I mean, just what you achieved here. You control the whole Ukraine, you even went as far as Tsaritsyn! When will the revolution begin?

The situation in the West is tricky, but it doesn't seem like there is a risk of collapse. I think that if Russia falls soon and you relocate your forces to the West, the Entente will be in trouble.
Suprass

Post by Suprass »

I need to take Riga and destroy Russians fleet. I think this will end war in the east.
Jonathan_Pollard
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by Jonathan_Pollard »

It's possible that Russia will surrender immediately if you upgrade to version 1.30.
"We could blow up a US ship in Guantanamo Bay and blame Cuba" "We could develop a Communist Cuban terror campaign in the Miami area, in other Florida cities and even in Washington" - US Joint Chiefs of Staff, Operation Northwoods, 1962
Suprass

Post by Suprass »

27 APR 1916

Every single newspaper in Germany and Austro- Hungary write about one thing- "Russian Revolution!"

Western front quiet (at last in my turn). I've prapared defence line. Germans suspect another assault on Liege- this one can be sucsessfule one. Bomber made cover operations to pinn down french arty but I don't know if this is enough.

At the start of the turn Game said that Russian Revolution is near. Just to be sure Germans lounched long prepared attack on Riga. It was a sucessfull operation. German High Command didn't expect that this could be done in two weeks (one turn). Last turn Russians attacked my garrison and gain some looses. Germans saw thair chance and changed plan of the operation. First I wanted to take hex occupied by Russian garrisson to enable attack frome three directions but... I decided to attack directly. Result is that I captured Riga- forced Russian fleet to leave port. After this action I decided to start withdraw units to western front- after patch disbanding in enemy territory isn't worth lost of PP. It will be bigest "train opperation" in this war.

Also Ottomans take their prise- armourd train aren't that good in defence after patche (before 1.30 there was 1:1 prognosis- after patche was 1:4 for me :)

This is not good. British started offensive from Sues Cannal. Ottomans turnd back corps from Balkans to make sure that there will be no brakethrue.

In Italy there is quiet. I have sent corps to western fron untill reinforcements from Russia will come. I suspect nothing here.

Finally- Bulgarians with support form AH arty catured Bucharest! If I will be lucky this should be a quick campain- if so Entente will be in trouble soon.

And last but most emportant news from the front. At the end of turn Russia surrendered!- I have accepted surrender and now turning all my eyes into western trench.
Suprass

Post by Suprass »

Jonathan_Pollard wrote:It's possible that Russia will surrender immediately if you upgrade to version 1.30.
At the start of turn there was a massage about upcommeing Russian Revolution- I think this is after patche has been installed. I didn't do anything in this sector so I think this is caused by patche. Is this fair? I think that patche changes was better for me than Massina.
Suprass

Post by Suprass »

11 MAY 1916

Last turn Russia surendered. This means that I will have new units and I will have superiority in number. This turn only repairs and upgrades.

The Great Comeback has begun...

... and I'm starting to finishing Romania...

25 MAY 1916

I have took only one picture at the start of this turn (picture of western front). I have destroyed French corps north-east from Verdun. Rest is qiuiet. I have to prepare big offensive.

Every thing is set for assault on Constanta

British forces try to brake the line

8 JUN 1916

Germans made recon by fire and allmoust destroyd British corps. This one hasn't been upgraded with gas mask- rest is upgraded so there will be a hard fight. And looks like Massina has scouted my preparation for offensive in the southern sector- last turn French fighter squadron has been moved there...
Cybvep

Post by Cybvep »

I don't know how the game is balanced, but at a glance it seems that you have a big advantage now when compared with the historical situation. It's 1916, the USA is not a part of the Entente, Russia is gone and you will soon be able to focus solely on the Western Front.
Suprass

Post by Suprass »

22 JUN 1916

Quiet. Germans prepare new attack. I think thet there will be no surprise becouse Allied has fighte squadrons that cover all the front line.

Romania is sorrounded and has no vission of help...

Bristish forces lounched attack that braked my line. I have to move back to Aqaba- Gaza line. Ottoman's task to cut off British from supply from Africa has faild...
Suprass

Post by Suprass »

I forgot to take pictures of turn 54...

20 JUL 1916

Germans lounched small attack with arty fire on British corps. Also French bombers was attacked by air forces- bombers boombed airfields while fighter attack rest of the survived planes. Last turn Romania surrendered and I've started to move my units to western front line and to aid Ottoman Empire.

Britsih continue to preasure Ottoman's

Return to “Commander The Great War AAR's”