Cp strategy

After action reports for Commander The Great War

Moderators: Slitherine Core, The Lordz

Post Reply
tyro
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Posts: 81
Joined: Mon Jan 30, 2017 1:34 am

Cp strategy

Post by tyro » Sat Mar 25, 2017 1:50 am

Thinking about it I have decided that is quite advantageous to sell all the German fleet in port turn 1 this includes dreadnoughts. With all that extra production I can buy five blimps on Germans first turn

nehi
2nd Lieutenant - Elite Panzer IVF/2
2nd Lieutenant - Elite Panzer IVF/2
Posts: 720
Joined: Sat Oct 17, 2015 1:51 pm

Re: Cp strategy

Post by nehi » Sat Mar 25, 2017 1:55 am

tyro wrote:Thinking about it I have decided that is quite advantageous to sell all the German fleet in port turn 1 this includes dreadnoughts. With all that extra production I can buy five blimps on Germans first turn
others hates me for this nasty move, especially operating and everyone who also enjoys naval encounters 8)

if anything can win war for cp, thats it, at least for me it works quite well :lol:
Last edited by nehi on Sat Mar 25, 2017 1:57 am, edited 1 time in total.

tyro
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Posts: 81
Joined: Mon Jan 30, 2017 1:34 am

Re: Cp strategy

Post by tyro » Sat Mar 25, 2017 1:57 am

Also since dreadnoughts were disbanded on the same turn you only take the morale penalty for one dreadnoughts sinking. Naval warfare is pointless for cp adopting total war on land against France is the only option

tyro
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Posts: 81
Joined: Mon Jan 30, 2017 1:34 am

Re: Cp strategy

Post by tyro » Sat Mar 25, 2017 1:58 am

Lol so you don't do it anymore? It is like it's illegal to win as cp. especially with all these odds stacked against us

nehi
2nd Lieutenant - Elite Panzer IVF/2
2nd Lieutenant - Elite Panzer IVF/2
Posts: 720
Joined: Sat Oct 17, 2015 1:51 pm

Re: Cp strategy

Post by nehi » Sat Mar 25, 2017 1:58 am

tyro wrote:Also since dreadnoughts were disbanded on the same turn you only take the morale penalty for one dreadnoughts sinking. Naval warfare is pointless for cp adopting total war on land against France is the only option
i know, on top of that morale just prolong agony (it has no other meaning) if westfront offensive would fail

but entente can go for total war too, so i cant say whats stronger
Last edited by nehi on Sat Mar 25, 2017 2:00 am, edited 1 time in total.

tyro
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Posts: 81
Joined: Mon Jan 30, 2017 1:34 am

Re: Cp strategy

Post by tyro » Sat Mar 25, 2017 2:00 am

Btw I just naval landed in a British city. He clearly didn't spot me as their were dreadnoughts 5 tiles away that would easily destroy me.

tyro
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Posts: 81
Joined: Mon Jan 30, 2017 1:34 am

Re: Cp strategy

Post by tyro » Sat Mar 25, 2017 2:01 am

It was Aberdeen and had no port

tyro
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Posts: 81
Joined: Mon Jan 30, 2017 1:34 am

Re: Cp strategy

Post by tyro » Sat Mar 25, 2017 2:02 am

nehi wrote:
tyro wrote:Also since dreadnoughts were disbanded on the same turn you only take the morale penalty for one dreadnoughts sinking. Naval warfare is pointless for cp adopting total war on land against France is the only option
i know, on top of that morale just prolong agony (it has no other meaning) if westfront offensive would fail

but entente can go for total war too, so i cant say whats stronger
At this point you simply click the surrender button

nehi
2nd Lieutenant - Elite Panzer IVF/2
2nd Lieutenant - Elite Panzer IVF/2
Posts: 720
Joined: Sat Oct 17, 2015 1:51 pm

Re: Cp strategy

Post by nehi » Sat Mar 25, 2017 2:05 am

tyro wrote:Btw I just naval landed in a British city. He clearly didn't spot me as their were dreadnoughts 5 tiles away that would easily destroy me.
just few are watching your turns and u know there is a bug making transports semi-invisible if they are just in reach of line of sight of empty city or port

so if they didnt notice its coming, they are not searching for it

tyro
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Posts: 81
Joined: Mon Jan 30, 2017 1:34 am

Re: Cp strategy

Post by tyro » Sat Mar 25, 2017 2:12 am

Indeed I wonder how he will react to it Britain is mostly planes right now

tyro
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Posts: 81
Joined: Mon Jan 30, 2017 1:34 am

Re: Cp strategy

Post by tyro » Sat Mar 25, 2017 2:13 am

If I can reach edinburgh it's game over for brits

tyro
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Posts: 81
Joined: Mon Jan 30, 2017 1:34 am

Re: Cp strategy

Post by tyro » Wed Mar 29, 2017 10:36 pm

Well invasion always will fail since Brits will simply spawn units in nearby cities while bombarding you a real pain in the ass

nehi
2nd Lieutenant - Elite Panzer IVF/2
2nd Lieutenant - Elite Panzer IVF/2
Posts: 720
Joined: Sat Oct 17, 2015 1:51 pm

Re: Cp strategy

Post by nehi » Wed Mar 29, 2017 10:37 pm

tyro wrote:Well invasion always will fail since Brits will simply spawn units in nearby cities while bombarding you a real pain in the ass
i tought that :lol:

its much easier just to bombard british cities and/or wait for their fleet and sink it

tyro
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Posts: 81
Joined: Mon Jan 30, 2017 1:34 am

Re: Cp strategy

Post by tyro » Thu Mar 30, 2017 1:17 am

If they are noobs that's easy but if they aren't...

nehi
2nd Lieutenant - Elite Panzer IVF/2
2nd Lieutenant - Elite Panzer IVF/2
Posts: 720
Joined: Sat Oct 17, 2015 1:51 pm

Re: Cp strategy

Post by nehi » Thu Mar 30, 2017 8:24 am

tyro wrote:If they are noobs that's easy but if they aren't...
if they arent, just break russia first and britain will surrender later

serbian, french and russian surrender hit british morale hardly, i guess like down to 40

military strength of alliance has some influence on morale too

tyro
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Posts: 81
Joined: Mon Jan 30, 2017 1:34 am

Re: Cp strategy

Post by tyro » Fri Mar 31, 2017 12:42 am

nehi wrote:
tyro wrote:If they are noobs that's easy but if they aren't...
if they arent, just break russia first and britain will surrender later

serbian, french and russian surrender hit british morale hardly, i guess like down to 40

military strength of alliance has some influence on morale too
Lol but almost no effect on the hard headed Bulgarians

nehi
2nd Lieutenant - Elite Panzer IVF/2
2nd Lieutenant - Elite Panzer IVF/2
Posts: 720
Joined: Sat Oct 17, 2015 1:51 pm

Re: Cp strategy

Post by nehi » Fri Mar 31, 2017 8:19 am

tyro wrote:
nehi wrote:
tyro wrote:If they are noobs that's easy but if they aren't...
if they arent, just break russia first and britain will surrender later

serbian, french and russian surrender hit british morale hardly, i guess like down to 40

military strength of alliance has some influence on morale too
Lol but almost no effect on the hard headed Bulgarians
bulgarians are the toughest of tough

i remember, i took all their cities and they didnt surrender

usually it needs some major nation surrender first

Post Reply

Return to “Commander The Great War AAR's”