Moderators: firepowerjohan, rkr1958, Happycat, Slitherine Core

Blathergut
Field Marshal - Elefant
Field Marshal - Elefant

HAD to...

Post by Blathergut »

...be the first post!! woohoo!!

ahem...

I did have a game question though: Why was Denmark reduced to a '4' defense? It seems so easy now to take with just one inf corps. Just curious for the change.
Peter Stauffenberg
General - Carrier
General - Carrier

Post by Peter Stauffenberg »

The reason is how Denmark defended in the real war. In GS you needed to use 2 air units, BB and 2 corps units to take out Denmark in one turn. Now you can do the same with 1 corps, BB and 1 air unit.

A 10 step garrison is too much when you look at the Danish OOB in April 1940. Denmark barely resisted before they surrendered.
Happycat
1st Lieutenant - Grenadier
1st Lieutenant - Grenadier

Post by Happycat »

Stauffenberg wrote:The reason is how Denmark defended in the real war. In GS you needed to use 2 air units, BB and 2 corps units to take out Denmark in one turn. Now you can do the same with 1 corps, BB and 1 air unit.

A 10 step garrison is too much when you look at the Danish OOB in April 1940. Denmark barely resisted before they surrendered.
Having the centre of Copenhagen obliterated after declaring it an open city didn't make resistance look like a viable option, that's for certain.

Isn't it great to have this forum? We needed this! No more email floods! Yay.
Chance favours the prepared mind.
rkr1958
General - Elite King Tiger
General - Elite King Tiger

Post by rkr1958 »

Happycat wrote:
Stauffenberg wrote:The reason is how Denmark defended in the real war. In GS you needed to use 2 air units, BB and 2 corps units to take out Denmark in one turn. Now you can do the same with 1 corps, BB and 1 air unit.

Having the centre of Copenhagen obliterated after declaring it an open city didn't make resistance look like a viable option, that's for certain.

Isn't it great to have this forum? We needed this! No more email floods! Yay.
Yes we did. Now I can post links to the latest updates and game statistics without flooding my in and out boxes with email.

By the way, I was only able to open this area up to a handful of folks before I had to rush off to work. I'll finish setting up access to this area after work tonight. Also, all our MAC testers will need to get accounts on this forum in order to use this area. I think Paul will send them an email to that effect after he gets home.

I should have requested this a year or more ago. Better late than never I guess.

Return to “Commander Europe at War : GS Open Beta”