GS Beta Bug Reporting

Moderators: firepowerjohan, Happycat, rkr1958, Slitherine Core

Diplomaticus
Sergeant First Class - Elite Panzer IIIL

Re: GS Beta Bug Reporting

Post by Diplomaticus »

Yes, so now Italy has to defend Sardinia and Albania, as well as Libya and Tunisia, to keep control of all 5 cities. Sicily and the Italian mainland--all cities count.
Schnurri
Sergeant First Class - Panzer IIIL

Post by Schnurri »

Playing a game as Allies against Plaid. SW started 11/24/42 and was over on 1/23/42. So, the Russians only got 3 turns of SW. Thought it was supposed to be a minimum of five turns?
Peter Stauffenberg
General - Carrier
General - Carrier

Post by Peter Stauffenberg »

These are the settings:
WINTER_DURATION 5 /*how many turns severe winter in Russia last. Start time random from October till January */
/* Variation of severe winter length */
CHANGE_FOR_DURATION 60 /* 0..100. Accumulated chance that length = WINTER_DURATION. % chance = 60 */
CHANCE_FOR_DURATION_MINUS_1 80 /* 0..100. Accumulated chance that length = WINTER_DURATION - 1. % chance = 20 */
CHANCE_FOR_DURATION_MINUS_2 90 /* 0..100. Accumulated chance that length = WINTER_DURATION - 2. % chance = 10 */
CHANCE_FOR_DURATION_PLUS_1 100 /* 0..100. Accumulated chance that length = WINTER_DURATION + 1. % chance = 10 */

So there is 10% chance for 3 turns, 20% for 4 turns, 60% for 5 turns and 10% for 6 turns
Schnurri

Post by Schnurri »

Ok - I was just very unlucky! This game Plain got fair weather Feb. 8 all the way through the fall of France and now this!

Note - the brochure on weather says "Once started it will last for 5 to 7 turns before any other weather may occur in that region.
amcdonel
Sergeant - Panzer IIC
Sergeant - Panzer IIC

Post by amcdonel »

Schnurri wrote:Ok - I was just very unlucky! This game Plain got fair weather Feb. 8 all the way through the fall of France and now this!

Note - the brochure on weather says "Once started it will last for 5 to 7 turns before any other weather may occur in that region.
I had corrected the brochure - the problem in the brochure was pointed out in another posting. Latest version of the brochure has not been posted.
Diplomaticus

Post by Diplomaticus »

I just got the same thing in one of my current games--only 3 turns of severe winter. That's a bummer, especially now that it's not as severe as it used to be.
Schnurri

Post by Schnurri »

Tiny bug - when Italy surrenders a message appears saying (don't remember exactly) - "France has lost courage due to fall of Italy and renounces the Tungsten deal" - just change France to Spain.
Schnurri

Post by Schnurri »

Possible bug - late in game (twice now) I've tried sending GARs to land in now unoccupied Norway and they aren't allowed to land even in good seas - can land just fine on the continent.
Peter Stauffenberg
General - Carrier
General - Carrier

Schnurri wrote:Tiny bug - when Italy surrenders a message appears saying (don't remember exactly) - "France has lost courage due to fall of Italy and renounces the Tungsten deal" - just change France to Spain.
There is no bug as far as I can see. Here is the message:
INDEX-990| "The defeat of Italy has caused Franco to lose faith in the Axis war effort. Spain cancels the tungsten ore trade agreement"

The reference is to FrancO, not FrancE. Franco was the Spanish dictator. Which language version are you playing? Maybe there is a bug there in the translation.
Schnurri

Post by Schnurri »

That is possible - it went by pretty fast and just caught my eye. I'm English.
Peter Stauffenberg
General - Carrier
General - Carrier

Schnurri wrote:Possible bug - late in game (twice now) I've tried sending GARs to land in now unoccupied Norway and they aren't allowed to land even in good seas - can land just fine on the continent.
What is the weather in the north and central weather zones? Can you send me your save game file?
Diplomaticus

Post by Diplomaticus »

Bug report: In a current game as Allies, there was a successful Sealion, and now the UK forces only hold Scotland and N. Ireland. I had moved my British strat bomber a few turns earlier to Iceland (as soon as the Operation Fork) message came up. But when I rebased the plane elsewhere, I found that the airbase in Iceland was now labeled as owned by Germany! Is this a bug, or is there some rule I'm missing?

The Shetland Islands airbases (off the West coast of Scotland) also now show as German owned, even though no German unit has landed on them.
Schnurri

Post by Schnurri »

Diplomaticus wrote:Bug report: In a current game as Allies, there was a successful Sealion, and now the UK forces only hold Scotland and N. Ireland. I had moved my British strat bomber a few turns earlier to Iceland (as soon as the Operation Fork) message came up. But when I rebased the plane elsewhere, I found that the airbase in Iceland was now labeled as owned by Germany! Is this a bug, or is there some rule I'm missing?

The Shetland Islands airbases (off the West coast of Scotland) also now show as German owned, even though no German unit has landed on them.
Iceland should never go to the Axis. The other island airbases off England are controlled by various cities in the North so they could be Axis controlled depending on what cities have been taken.
Diplomaticus

Post by Diplomaticus »

Trying to figure this out, I just consulted the 2.0 Manual. There, I found this:

"8/5/2010
Fixed a bug that where Greenland and Iceland airbases would incorrectly switch to German control when certain cities in England/Scotland were captured and if these airbases were unoccupied."

So, it sound like this was a known bug back in 2010, but now it's back. Anybody got some bug spray?
Peter Stauffenberg
General - Carrier
General - Carrier

We haven't made changes in this area for ages. Can you send the save game just prior to the airbase changing to German control?
supermax
Lieutenant Colonel - Panther D

Post by supermax »

Hey Cliff, thats because i sent my special german commandos to land in Iceland :)

hehehe

In our current game however, it wont affecdt it too much, since northern atlantic operation will be very limited, no convoys will pass there...
Peter Stauffenberg
General - Carrier
General - Carrier

This is not a bug because Operation Dynamo is only launched if Denmark is conquered. If you end your turn you will see that Operation Dynamo is launched immediately and Keflavik is changed back to UK control. Operation Dynamo starts if Denmark is conquered and Keflavik is not Allied controlled.
supermax

Post by supermax »

Stauffenberg wrote:This is not a bug because Operation Dynamo is only launched if Denmark is conquered. If you end your turn you will see that Operation Dynamo is launched immediately and Keflavik is changed back to UK control. Operation Dynamo starts if Denmark is conquered and Keflavik is not Allied controlled.

Mmmm, Denmark has been conquered for at least 3 turns now...
Diplomaticus

Post by Diplomaticus »

Yeah, that can't be right, because I had a unit in the Iceland air base at the start of the turn I sent to you. I couldn't have even placed that unit in that air base if Dynamo hadn't already occurred.

What happened in our game so closely resembles the wording of that earlier bug fix (quoted above), that I assume it must have something to do with that.
TotalerKrieg
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by TotalerKrieg »

I was looking at the 1942 scenario and happened to notice that the Volunteer Stundarte NW unit in Dijon has a British garrison skin. I think this unit was probably intended to have the German garrison skin. Not an important "bug" but I thought I would post it since I saw it.

Return to “Commander Europe at War : GS Open Beta”