GSv2.00 Post Release Bug Fixes

Moderators: firepowerjohan, Happycat, rkr1958, Slitherine Core

pk867
Sr. Colonel - Battleship
Sr. Colonel - Battleship

Mac version being updated to version 2.01.11 beta

Post by pk867 »

Hi All,

I am uploading the new full Mac version. To my Mac account and will send out a link this morning.

To use the Slitherine ftp site you will need to get ftp software to get it.

Paul
rkr1958
General - Elite King Tiger

Post by rkr1958 »

GSv2.01.12 Update. (July 25, 2011)

Our updates are now housed on a Slitherine server. Once you click on the the provided link you will be prompted for a username and password, which you can just cut and paste. After that you will see several filenames. Click on the filename you wish to download and your browser will ask you where you want it to go.

PC users can go to here for this update. This update is an incremental update that MUST be applied to GSv2.01.10 or later.
Username: GrandStrategyTeam@slithdata.net
Password: 1Kr35MazgsZR
PC Full File Set (GSv2.01.11): GSver2.01.zip (~305-MB)
PC Incremental Update: GSv2.01.12_PATCH.zip (~450-KB) (Must be applied to GSv2.01.10 or later)

MAC users -- Update to be provided by Paul.

GSv2.01.12 - July 25, 2011
45. Damaged cities will only provide supply if supply can’t be traced from other cities. This way you need to isolate the damaged city to lower the supply in the hex.
46. Persia will spawn garrisons in all cities if Axis units occupy a city / resource in Iraq.
rkr1958

Post by rkr1958 »

GSv2.01.13 Update. (July 25, 2011)

Our updates are now housed on a Slitherine server. Once you click on the the provided link you will be prompted for a username and password, which you can just cut and paste. After that you will see several filenames. Click on the filename you wish to download and your browser will ask you where you want it to go.

PC users can go to here for this update. This update is an incremental update that MUST be applied to GSv2.01.10 or later.
PC Incremental Update: GSv2.01.13_PATCH.zip (~628-KB) (Must be applied to GSv2.01.10 or later)

GSv2.01.13 - July 25, 2011
46. Persia will spawn garrisons in all cities if Axis units occupy a city / resource in Iraq.
47. Persia will activate when an Axis unit has moved into Iraq instead of when an Axis unit captures an Iraqi resource
48. Free French garrisons will spawn in empty French controlled north Africa city/ fortress hexes when the French armistice offer is rejected. The units spawn at the following strength: FREE_FRENCH_GARRISON_STRENGTH 5 /* 0..10 0 = no spawn. Strength of the Free French garrisons in Morocco, Algeria and Tunisia after the fall of France */
49. Britain is required to have a home guard force in Great Britain / Canada before USSR or USA joins the Allies. Failing to do so will make a loss in max morale of all British units. These parameters control how this is done:
a. UK_HOME_GUARD_UNITS_REQUIRED 10 /* Number of land units needed in core UK territory prior to USA or USSR joining the Allies */
b. UK_MORALE_PENALTY_PER_MISSING_HG 5 /* Max morale of all UK units are lowered by this number for each missing HG unit in UK */
50. There are at start 13 UK land units in Great Britain / Canada so it’s possible to have a BEF of 3 units without losing any morale loss. Once you fall below 10 units you will lose 5 max morale per unit failing to make the 10 unit limit. This is the message that will be shown every turn the Allied player fails to keep the HG requirement: INDEX-978| "Too few British Home Guard land units causes fear in Britain. All UK units suffer a max morale loss of"
51. Please notice that if an Axis has entered Great Britain or Canada then the US max morale loss will not apply. The UK morale would get back to normal if the Germans actually landed in England. This way it’s not possible to invade Britain and force the morale to get to 0 by killing British units.
rkr1958

Post by rkr1958 »

GSv2.01.14 Update. (July 26, 2011)

PC Incremental Update: GSv2.01.14_PATCH.zip (~628-KB) (Must be applied to GSv2.01.10 or later)

GSv2.01.14 - July 26, 2011
52. Added a prerequisite for Spain activating as an Axis ally that USA has to be neutral.
pk867
Sr. Colonel - Battleship
Sr. Colonel - Battleship

Post by pk867 »

Hi Mac guys,

I am emailing the small patch to you shortly. The full version is on the Slitherine ftp site.

You will need a ftp software to connect and download the file.

The ftp site is "ftp://ftp.slitherine.net/"

You can get FileZilla for Mac free. You need to the Site Manager and enter in the ftp site, Username & password in Ronnie's previous post.

The filename for Mac is CEAW Grand Strategy-v20114.app.zip

Paul

ps. just started uploading 6:35pm EDT so give a few.
rkr1958

Post by rkr1958 »

GSv2.01.15 Update. (July 31, 2011)

PC Incremental Update: GSv2.01.15_PATCH.zip (~682-KB) (Must be applied to GSv2.01.10 or later)

GSv2.01.15 - July 31, 2011
53. Canadian units will now spawn at normal quality and not the reduced quality if the UK manpower level is yellow.
54. Added images for French armor level 6.
pk867
Sr. Colonel - Battleship
Sr. Colonel - Battleship

Post by pk867 »

Hi,

I have sent out the small update by email and have posted the full version on the ftp site.

Paul
rkr1958

Post by rkr1958 »

GSv2.01.17 Update. (August 5, 2011)

Note that GSv2.01.16 was for internal development use only and was NOT released as a beta to you the testers.

PC Incremental Update: GSv2.01.17_PATCH.zip (~776-KB) (Must be applied to GSv2.01.10 or later)

GSv2.01.17 - August 5, 2011
55. Changed the 1939 and 1940 scenarios so the numbers of the German units match the OOB for Case White and Case Yellow
a. Changed German Korps to Armekorps
b. Changed German Panzer Korps to Panzerkorps
c. Changed German Panzergrenadier to Panzergrenadierkorps
d. Changed German Fallschirmjager Korps to Fallschirmjagerkorps
e. Changed German Fallschirmjager Div. to Fallschirmjagerdivision
56. Reduced the font size of the unit name and country name in the unit panel from 24 to 22 to fit in all text with numbers
57. Changed the owner of the southern convoy from UK to USA when USA joins the Allies.
58. Widened the column range for the southern convoy spawn point from 1-12 to 6-20. Row will always be the bottom of the map.
59. Changed the max values of each convoy to the following:
a. /* Max production worth of the 3 different convoys. Max value is modified by the averaged war effort of UK and USA */
b. NORTH_ATLANTIC_CONVOY_SIZE 90 /* Convoys go to USSR after USSR joins the Allies. Before they go to UK */
c. MID_ATLANTIC_CONVOY_SIZE 110 /* Convoys go always to UK */
d. SOUTH_ATLANTIC_CONVOY_SIZE 90 /* Convoys go to USA after USA joins the Allies. Before they go to UK */
e. Old values were: North: 100, Mid: 140 and South: 50
f. These changes should give USA a considerable increased income at the expense of primarily UK, but to a lesser degree Russia. The southern convoy will use 3-4 turns to reach the destination port (New York)
60. Changed code so UK will get Iceland on turn 14 or later if Denmark is conquered. So if Denmark is conquered late then Iceland will be “conquered” by UK later. USA will get Iceland regardless in 1941 because that was not an invasion, but an agreement with the Danish ambassador. Same with Greenland
61. Replaced China as a possible country to select with Norway. This includes the necessary language and flag files.
62. The criteria for unloading and for invading a hex were inconsistent for a transport in clam seas and a target hex in non-fair weather. This has been fixed so the criteria for both unloading and invading are now:
a. Transport hex must be in calm sea
b. Destination hex can’t be a mountain hex
c. Exception is that you can unload into friendly hexes from a port regardless of weather
d. This should make it slightly easier to land and it won’t matter if the weather in the destination hex is not fair.
pk867
Sr. Colonel - Battleship
Sr. Colonel - Battleship

Post by pk867 »

Hi All,

The complete download is on the ftp server. Filename is CEAW Grand Strategy-v20117.app.zip

The patch will be mailed shortly and be on the ftp server.

Paul
zechi
1st Lieutenant - Grenadier

Post by zechi »

rkr1958 wrote: 55. Changed the 1939 and 1940 scenarios so the numbers of the German units match the OOB for Case White and Case Yellow
a. Changed German Korps to Armekorps
b. Changed German Panzer Korps to Panzerkorps
c. Changed German Panzergrenadier to Panzergrenadierkorps
d. Changed German Fallschirmjager Korps to Fallschirmjagerkorps
e. Changed German Fallschirmjager Div. to Fallschirmjagerdivision
a. It should be "Armeekorps", not "Armekorps". "Armee" is the German word for "army". "Arme" is the German word for "poor".

d. It not Fallschirmjager but Fallschirmjäger, an "a" with an unlaut mark. "Jäger" means "hunter". However I do not know if this is perhaps a code problem? In my games I could rename the units with the letter "ä".

Cheers Zechi
_Augustus_
Sergeant - 7.5 cm FK 16 nA
Sergeant - 7.5 cm FK 16 nA

Post by _Augustus_ »

zechi wrote: d. It not Fallschirmjager but Fallschirmjäger, an "a" with an unlaut mark. "Jäger" means "hunter". However I do not know if this is perhaps a code problem? In my games I could rename the units with the letter "ä".
I thought one wasn't ought to be able to rename elite units? But changing a to ä works? And doesn't ruin the limit calculations?
Peter Stauffenberg
General - Carrier
General - Carrier

Post by Peter Stauffenberg »

Units will be named Armeekorps. It's just a typo in the explanation text.

We decided to not use umlauts or other special letters for the English translation. We did before and people got a square image instead if the correct letter unless they had the proper languages installed.

Therefore the map shows Konigsberg and not Königsberg or Fallschirmjager and not Fallschirmjäger. Since 90% of the players use English language it's best to make sure these players can read all words.

In the German version you see names like Köln instead of Cologne, München instead of Munich etc.
Last edited by Peter Stauffenberg on Sat Aug 06, 2011 1:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
zechi

Post by zechi »

_Augustus_ wrote:
zechi wrote: d. It not Fallschirmjager but Fallschirmjäger, an "a" with an unlaut mark. "Jäger" means "hunter". However I do not know if this is perhaps a code problem? In my games I could rename the units with the letter "ä".
I thought one wasn't ought to be able to rename elite units? But changing a to ä works? And doesn't ruin the limit calculations?
No, renaming is (or at least was) possible, if the unit was not already an elite unit, i.e. instead of hitting the elite upgrade button, you could enter the name "1. Fallschirmjägerdivision" and a GAR would be upgraded to a para unit with this name.
Peter Stauffenberg
General - Carrier
General - Carrier

Post by Peter Stauffenberg »

zechi wrote:
_Augustus_ wrote:
No, renaming is (or at least was) possible, if the unit was not already an elite unit, i.e. instead of hitting the elite upgrade button, you could enter the name "1. Fallschirmjägerdivision" and a GAR would be upgraded to a para unit with this name.
You can even rename a unit after it's been created as long as you don't change it's status. E. g. if the name was II SS Panzerkorps you can rename it to e. g. III SS Panzerkorps. So you can rename 1st Fallschirmjagerdivision to 1st Fallshirmjägerdivision. Just make sure your opponent can see umlauts on his PC instead of square symbols.
rkr1958

Post by rkr1958 »

GSv2.01.18 Full File Set. (August 6, 2011)

PC users can go to here for this update. This update is a full file set that can be applied to any version including the vanilla game.

PC Full File Set (GSv2.01.18 ) : GSver2.01.18-FULL.zip (~311-MB)

GSv2.01.18 - August 6, 2011
63. Removed the Gustav Line fortresses in Italy from all scenarios except the 1944.scenario. Added code that will remove the fortresses in ongoing games that haven’t reached July 1943 or had Allied units in Italy. The Gustav Line fortresses will spawn if:
a. Year is 1942 or later and an Allied unit has landed in a core Italian hex
b. Turn is July 1943 or later
c. A message about the spawn will be shown
d. The Gustav Line fortresses can be set in general.txt
pk867
Sr. Colonel - Battleship
Sr. Colonel - Battleship

Post by pk867 »

Hi,

I am currently uploading the Mac version. It should be up there by around 9:45 pm EDT USA.

There will be no incremental patch, only a full down load is available.

Please remember to remove the gs2_settings.txt from the CEAW Grand Strategy folder in ~/Documents so the game will setup properly.

Paul
Blathergut
Field Marshal - Elefant
Field Marshal - Elefant

Post by Blathergut »

I get an error after downloading, when I try to open the file, saying it is invalid.

If I try to extract, it says the file is empty.

??
Last edited by Blathergut on Sun Aug 07, 2011 2:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
JimR
Staff Sergeant - StuG IIIF
Staff Sergeant - StuG IIIF

Post by JimR »

I need the Mac file, and I am using the Slitherine ftp site for the first time. At first I didn't know which file to look for, but then figured that it was the one ending in .app.zip. Onward and upward -- or sideways at least.
Last edited by JimR on Sun Aug 07, 2011 11:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
rkr1958

Post by rkr1958 »

Blathergut wrote:I get an error after downloading, when I try to open the file, saying it is invalid.

If I try to extract, it says the file is empty.

??
The "updated" PC version for GSv2.01.18 is now ready for download.
pk867
Sr. Colonel - Battleship
Sr. Colonel - Battleship

Post by pk867 »

Hi,

I apologize for the confusion about the Mac version. The name is "CEAW Grand Strategy-v2.0118.app.zip"

Paul

Return to “Commander Europe at War : GS Open Beta”